Patriots vs Packers, Week 9 2018

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
The media says there's a big game this week - Aaron Rodgers vs Tom Brady.

Meanwhile our injury report is predictably a mile and a half long. And yes, "Food" is going around.

Dq3TLadUcAE2zkE.jpg

Green Bay just traded their best safety. Should make their pass defense interesting.

Can't ever forget this

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y0BZW478tCQ?ecver=2" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" style="position:absolute;width:50%;height:50%;left:3" allowfullscreen="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Can't ever forget this

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y0BZW478tCQ?ecver=2" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" style="position:absolute;width:50%;height:50%;left:3" allowfullscreen="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Look at the big man go!

Media pushing this as...who is the goat...based on a week 8 regular season game. lol. Anyway saw this article, had some interesting things for people needing to make excuses for why Rodgers does not have the success Brady does.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Aaron-Rodgers-a-better-quarterback-than-Tom-Brady

Some great points made by the author.

My fav:

When they get the ball first in OT:
Brady: 8-2 (0.800), including 2-0 in the playoffs
Rodgers: 0-3, including 0-1 in the playoffs (Hint: you can't blame the D if you don't score first)

Also be sure to read Lelund Lundahl's comments with multiple video examples under the article. Lundahl sounds like a coach as he points out Brady's greatness and Rodgers' fails by using the fundamentals of the position to compare the two. His comments go to the heart of the matter as he shows Brady's perfect mechanics and great pre-snap reads in comparison to Rodgers' god awful mechanics and lousy pocket presence.

3 things jumped out:
-Brady's ability to read defenses vs Rodgers' taking what comes.
-Brady's work ethic to perfect his mechanics vs Rodgers' lack of attention to mechanics.
-Brady's pocket mastery vs Rodgers being too quick to abandon the pocket in favor of the low % roll out high-light play.

Some great points made by the author.

My fav:

When they get the ball first in OT:
Brady: 8-2 (0.800), including 2-0 in the playoffs
Rodgers: 0-3, including 0-1 in the playoffs (Hint: you can't blame the D if you don't score first)

Also be sure to read Lelund Lundahl's comments with multiple video examples under the article. Lundahl sounds like a coach as he points out Brady's greatness and Rodgers' fails by using the fundamentals of the position to compare the two. His comments go to the heart of the matter as he shows Brady's perfect mechanics and great pre-snap reads in comparison to Rodgers' god awful mechanics and lousy pocket presence.

3 things jumped out:
-Brady's ability to read defenses vs Rodgers' taking what comes.
-Brady's work ethic to perfect his mechanics vs Rodgers' lack of attention to mechanics.
-Brady's pocket mastery vs Rodgers being too quick to abandon the pocket in favor of the low % roll out high-light play.

Yeah but... :facepalm:

Cheers, :thumb:

Had to laugh at these articles comparing Brady to Rogers, because when they put up the stats, it's not even close. Any impartial observer would come away in no doubt that Brady is significantly ahead.

B-b-b-b-but Aaron can run and can put the ball where he wants. Yeah.....no, sorry.

Aaron is a great QB no question, and Tom is legitimately a fan of his, but the game is about winning, and Tom has done that since he came into the league.

While pundits were marvelling at what Rodgers could have achieved under BB, some pundit interjected with a very valid point. Could Rodgers' fragile ego have survived played under BB? Part of Tom's greatness is his humility. He doesn't expect special treatment and doesn't get it. There is no way Manning, Rodgers, Big Ben or any of them are as grounded and dismissive of their standing as Tom is. Maybe Drew Brees is.

I just love how the media loves Rodgers. He is a great QB. He does benefit from being one of the top QBs around that started after 2007 when the NFL was really with all the benefits to the passing and QBs

And so his numbers are kind of skewed compared to others. When i took a quick look at Brady's numbers since 2007, he and Rodgers have the same numbers. So Brady has perform with the same numbers since then as Rodgers has done.

My guess would be that QBs like Manning, Brees, and others likely have numbers around the ones Rodgers posted. But folks just think Rodgers is in a world of his own and not that his numbers are all garnered after 2008.

I just love how the media loves Rodgers. He is a great QB. He does benefit from being one of the top QBs around that started after 2007 when the NFL was really with all the benefits to the passing and QBs

And so his numbers are kind of skewed compared to others. When i took a quick look at Brady's numbers since 2007, he and Rodgers have the same numbers. So Brady has perform with the same numbers since then as Rodgers has done.

My guess would be that QBs like Manning, Brees, and others likely have numbers around the ones Rodgers posted. But folks just think Rodgers is in a world of his own and not that his numbers are all garnered after 2008.

well Rodgers does walk on water:toast:

I know I'm the skunk at the garden party here, but why is everybody so obsessed with finding whatever it is that Aaron Rodgers doesn't do great? It's a fact that he does a lot of shit pretty great.

So, his stats don't compare very well to Brady in the 4th quarter/OT. I get it. Is it Rodger's fault that the media loves to polish his knob?

The guy shreds a lot of defenses and we've been whipped by a lot worse in recent memory. He's got a decent group of skill guys that can get open and if you're liking that matchup then kudos for the optimism, because I'm nervous about it.

OTOH, I don't follow the Colts that closely, but I'm sure Chester Rogers and Ryan Grant combine for 14 receptions against a lot of teams.

:rolleyes:

Aaron Rodgers is pretty fucking good and could make us look really, really bad Sunday night. I'll be there and I hope we really play great and that does not happen, but I just wish everybody would worry a little bit less what the media says about anybody that is even mentioned in the same stratosphere as Brady.

Back