Patriots working out JJ Worton

Roberto71

Reaction score
Former UCF WR. Word on him is:

2014: 36 catches, 514 yards, 5 TDs. 17 punt returns, 9.8 yards per return. Tore ACL in November 2014.

Strengths: very good size. He was arguably UCF's most reliable receiver in his time. Has very good (but not great) speed for his size as well. Excellent at maintaining body position downfield and using his size to maximizeroom to make the catch. Returns kicks, too.

os-ucf-receiver-jj-worton-20140413

Can he rush the passer?

I can show you a video of Dobson sick catch . Making a tough catch in thd pros. Is a not different then college.

I can show you a video of Dobson sick catch . Making a tough catch in thd pros. Is a not different then college.

If he's good hands, f**k it, bring him in, we need all the help we can get now with all the dropsies happening.

What Brady needs is another Quick release player. That can make the tough catches in traffic.

This late in the season after all 32 teams have picked over the scrap heap to fill vacancies left by injured players, finding a guy that knows what a football looks like at the NFL level is a coup!

This late in the season after all 32 teams have picked over the scrap heap to fill vacancies left by injured players, finding a guy that knows what a football looks like at the NFL level is a coup!

Everyone missed Butler.

There's players out there that slip through.

Here are Worton's numbers for the 2013 season when Bortles was there: 47/721/15.34ypc/7TD. And 2014: 36 catches, 514 yards, 5 TDs.

More importantly for BB perhaps is Worton's 17 punt returns with 9.8 yards per return in 2014 and 12.08ypr in 2013. He also had 12 kick returns in 2014, 330 yards, 27.5 yards per return. Reliable hands. He could become a backup to LaFell in addition to his punt and kick return skills.

6'1.5", 215. 4.5 40 but had an ACL tear late in 2014 which hurt his draft stock.

Everyone missed Butler.

There's players out there that slip through.

I believe Butler was actually in camp as an UDFA. We are talking the end of the season when 32 teams have been to the well for 13 weeks. Could there be a gem out there? Well...sure. I am just skeptical that some late season signing is or could be riding a white horse.

I believe Butler was actually in camp as an UDFA. We are talking the end of the season when 32 teams have been to the well for 13 weeks. Could there be a gem out there? Well...sure. I am just skeptical that some late season signing is or could be riding a white horse.

Obviously the odds for him aren't great. But he doesn't need the white horse, just some serviceable, complimentary skills.

Cheers

Here are Worton's numbers for the 2013 season when Bortles was there: 47/721/15.34ypc/7TD. And 2014: 36 catches, 514 yards, 5 TDs.

More importantly for BB perhaps is Worton's 17 punt returns with 9.8 yards per return in 2014 and 12.08ypr in 2013. He also had 12 kick returns in 2014, 330 yards, 27.5 yards per return. Reliable hands. He could become a backup to LaFell in addition to his punt and kick return skills.

6'1.5", 215. 4.5 40 but had an ACL tear late in 2014 which hurt his draft stock.

Damaris Johnson can also return kicks. The Pats have the lowest kick return averages in the league with 14.7 ypkr. The Panthers are 2nd worst with 18.3 yds/kr. Johnson averaged 25.1 yds/kr over his career. Johnson should see some action this Sunday.

Anyone else read the thread title quick and say, "How old is JJ Stokes, anyway?"

Back