Pats Comp Picks

Big/Sky/Fly

370hssv vw6!s tu36v
Reaction score
Patriots awarded four compensatory draft picks today -- 3rd round, 96th overall; 6th round, 208th; 6th round, 214th; 6th round, 221st.

Note: Compensatory picks can not be traded this year. Starting in 2017, they can be traded.

Mike Reiss ‏<s>@</s>MikeReiss <small class="time"> 1m1 minute ago </small> Compensatory picks a result of net of FA losses of Ayers, Browner, Casillas, Revis, Ridley, Vereen & Wilfork weighed against Sheard signing.

Patriots awarded four compensatory draft picks today.
Note: Compensatory picks can not be traded this year. Starting in 2017, they can be traded, except for the Patriots.

I'm sure Goodell will change rule to this.

Pats 2016 picks: 2nd round; 3rd round; 3rd round (comp); 4th round; 6th round (comp); 6th round (comp); 6th round (comp); 7th (via HOU); 7th

I would think they package up a couple of those 6s for a 5th.

Having two 3's helps to take a little sting out of having no 1.

Yes, my bad. I didn't realize all of our 6s were comps. I thought we had one of our own.

Even if we did have ONE of our own, we still wouldn't have 2 to trade for a 5th. :shrug:

Cheers, BostonTim

• Second round
  • Third round
  • Third round (compensatory)
  • Fourth round
  • Sixth round (from Houston/Keshawn Martin trade)
  • Sixth round (compensatory)
  • Seventh round (from Houston/Ryan Mallett trade)
  • Seventh round
The team traded its fifth-round pick to the Houston Texans for Martin and a sixth-round pick. One of the Patriots' two sixth-round picks was traded to the Chicago Bears for linebacker Jon Bostic. The seventh-round selection dealt to the Detroit Lions for tight end Michael Williams prior to last season was a 2017 pick.

[*]Sixth round (from Houston/Keshawn Martin trade)
[*]Sixth round (compensatory)

Cool, so Patriots can get 4 more Tom Brady caliber picks!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XQWpTfRuaLM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Even if we did have ONE of our own, we still wouldn't have 2 to trade for a 5th. :shrug:

Cheers, BostonTim

I was thinking a 6 and a 7 but then realized we don't have a 7 and all our 6's are comps.

I love that the Colts have ZERO comp picks.

I love that video about Tom and his draft status. The Patriots picked him with a combo of luck and Dick Rehbein's sharp insight. :celebrate:

The Pats should trade a couple 6's for a 4. I don't think the loss of a 1 is really that much of a punishment. How often do 1's really work out for the money? Two's and 3's are good picks.

The Pats should trade a couple 6's for a 4.

Not gonna happen, as the Patriots hold only one tradeable Pick in round 6.

I don't think the loss of a 1 is really that much of a punishment. How often do 1's really work out for the money?

For the Patriots, based on their history under Belichick, I'd say roughly 70 percent of the time. So losing a 1st rounder equals losing a 70% chance at a starter on a rather affordable 4 year contract with a 5th year option.

Two's and 3's are good picks.

They are, they don' offset the loss off a #1 however, as the Patriots would've had them anyway.

The Patriots "hit" on 2nd rounders at about 50%, and roughly a 3rd of their #3s by a quick look over their Draft History.

Not gonna happen, as the Patriots hold only one tradeable Pick in round 6.

For the Patriots, based on their history under Belichick, I'd say roughly 70 percent of the time. So losing a 1st rounder equals losing a 70% chance at a starter on a rather affordable 4 year contract with a 5th year option.

They are, they don' offset the loss off a #1 however, as the Patriots would've had them anyway.

The Patriots "hit" on 2nd rounders at about 50%, and roughly a 3rd of their #3s by a quick look over their Draft History.

They matter more this year...obviously.

Thanks Goodell...asshat!

I wonder how often they hit on UDFAs? Not sure how "hit on" is broken down (is it just starters for all rounds, etc.?) but for UDFAs I'd let it run the gamut from making the team, practice squad, ST, etc. and break it down that way. They have to have a pretty competitive rate there vis a vis the rest of the NFL I would think.

I wonder how often they hit on UDFAs? Not sure how "hit on" is broken down (is it just starters for all rounds, etc.?) but for UDFAs I'd let it run the gamut from making the team, practice squad, ST, etc. and break it down that way. They have to have a pretty competitive rate there vis a vis the rest of the NFL I would think.

I expect we all decide that on our own. Is a 2 down player late in the 2nd round a hit. Is a special team in the 1st round a miss? Is a UDFA that stays on the practice squad for 3 years a hit? No real rule here.

Back