Pats FA thread

Kraft: "In my 27 years as owner, I've never had to come up with so much capital before. It’s like investing in the stock market, you take advantage of corrections and inefficiencies in the market when you can, and that’s what we did here. We’ll see. Nothing is guaranteed, and I’m very cognizant of that. But we’re not in the business to be in business.
We’re in this business to win.”

So, who is still out there that we might sniff around? The remaining WRs are going to go cheap. There's no cap space around...

Do you have a list handy?
LINK

Top remaining NFL free-agent wide receivers in 2021​

1) T.Y. Hilton, Indianapolis Colts
2) Antonio Brown, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
3) Sammy Watkins, Kansas City Chiefs
4) Adam Humphries, Tennessee Titans
5) Demarcus Robinson, Kansas City Chiefs
6) Marquise Goodwin, San Francisco 49ers
7) Golden Tate, New York Giants
8) Cordarrelle Patterson, Chicago Bears
9) Alshon Jeffery, Philadelphia Eagles
10) Willie Snead, Baltimore Ravens

I may be the dumbest football mind around, but I can look at last years roster and 2021 as it currently stands and say with certainty "hey, look this roster is really improved".

But feel free to dance around with everyone who says anything that you can try to look smarter than. And that would be everyone on the planet. Sad, cause you just aren't.

Wouldn't mind looking at T.Y. Hilton. As I have a lot of Colts fans for friends I've seen a good deal of him over the years. He is gonna be 32 however, last season he still put up about 800 yards and 5 TDs.

I always had wished that the Patriots had snatched up Willie Snead when he was a FA but that was many moons ago. I don't know what he has left to offer. Still pretty young though.

Come on man.....are you able in any way, to just accept that there are football players out there who genuinely want to play for the Patriots because of the HOF head coach and the program he and Kraft have built these past two decades plus?

I disagree. We don't have one receiver that scares a defense at all. We have a bunch of Jags and Edelman is done even if he tries to come back. That being said, it is pretty obvious that Bill is going TE/RB heavy this season which is fine to try to get back on track. With Cam or a rookie at QB, we are not going to be a down the field team anyways. We are going to be smash mouth and plot down the field. It won't be every exciting but hopefully should be effective in helping us to ball control and limit turnovers.

Back