Pats/Refs win again!

Quit being so one sided.

Excuse me? Team's like mine cannot be trusted because of the thugs? Do you not remember why I am here? Mike Vrabel clearly jumped at Joe Thomas's knees and was fined for it. The Pats are one of the most heavily fined teams in the NFL year in and year out. Your accusations once again show how one sided you are. I love it how you complain about the Ratbirds being whiners....listen to yourself douchebag.

So now you are a Ravens fan? What the F is wrong with you are you that dense?

Where did I mention the Browns you tool.

Yeah I know why you are here, because YOU ARE A DOUCHEBAG who is a tough guy on the internet.

Will be waiting where you got the Browns out of anything I said you idiot.

Now I know why you sniff d22's ass all the time because if it wasn't for him you would be the stupidest person on the planet.

You can't even read at a 2nd grade level.

EEEh they don't call face mask on Offensive player either.

Leading with the crown of your helmet should be a penalty and a big fine.....unforunately they have seemingly expanded it to if any part of your helmet touches in any way the other player it is "leading" with your helmet.

It's BS.

Suggs I think was trying to make Brady "worried" about his knees. I think he was trying to "brush" by him (he pretty much just dove towards him as no one was touching Suggs and he did not trip)....but his "brush" by ended up actually hitting Brady, who if he did not pick up his leg would more than likely at the very least hyper extended his knee.

While I like Suggs that is a Dirty team that pretends it is just a "hard nosed football team". NO...it is because of teams like yours who cannot be trusted that we have rules that are taking away good hitting. See the RED part douchbac? That is directly referencing the Ravens and them thinking their play is hard nosed rather than being thugs. I hope you are not that stupid and are just being obtuse.They are a bunch of thugs and the rules are designed to protect from the lowest common denominator.

I forgot what whiners the Ravens were, I do not think they have ever lost a game listening to them. The refs ripped them off...every time.

Losers are still complaining about 2007 WHEN THEIR Coach called time out? Their PLAYER HAD A MELT DOWN! Freaking losers.

Ownd? :donkeys:

See if you can follow this...we are talking about a PLAY SUGGS made. I commented on that MENTIONED Suggs by name...CONTINUED to reference the RAVENS throughout and you take "Your team" to refer to YOU?

"You" are irrelevant why would I refer to "you"? Yes Owned is right. You just owned yourself as someone who fails at reading comprehension.

The ENTIRE PARAGRAPH IS ABOUT THE RAVENS...idiot. :spock:

See if you can follow this...we are talking about a PLAY SUGGS made. I commented on that MENTIONED Suggs by name...CONTINUED to reference the RAVENS throughout and you take "Your team" to refer to YOU?

"You" are irrelevant why would I refer to "you"? Yes Owned is right. You just owned yourself as someone who fails at reading comprehension.

The ENTIRE PARAGRAPH IS ABOUT THE RAVENS...idiot. :spock:

So in other words you posted with 7th grade writing skills. I will keep it in mind in the future that you write like "you talk"....At least D22 is much more easy to keep up with.

So in other words you posted with 7th grade writing skills. I will keep it in mind in the future that you write like "you talk"....At least D22 is much more easy to keep up with.

Yeah your inability to read at a "7th grade level" is my fault. Ok you were not being obtuse, you are just plain stupid. carry on.

Fixed your post.

And any whining the colts might have done, pales in comparison the years of whining I've heard from Patriot fans about it. That shit happened almost a decade ago. Get over it.

Sounds to me like you're the one in denial. Admit it and move on instead of trying to deflect the reason. Every time it comes up someone in the Colts fanbase tries to deny it. You're the one who brought up the rule without the role your team played in getting it changed. You guys have had your a part in the pussification of the NFL.

BTW, it was called the same way from 78 - 04. You guys are the ones who "got it called correctly".... ROFL

Yeah your inability to read at a "7th grade level" is my fault. Ok you were not being obtuse, you are just plain stupid. carry on.

Your right...I don't read 7th graders writing very often...I try to stick with things like the Wall Street Journal. Maybe you should check it out sometime.

I don't know to be honest...I couldn't watch the whole game

I am just very anti that rule as it is used nothing more but to score more points. Its like illegal contact down field....that happens almost every play but you only see them call it to keep drives going. This is football...defensive players get hit....so should offensive players. If you can't deal with it, then don't play the game.

If you can't deal with driving on the highway, don't do it.

I don't disagree with the point you're making at all Dawson (nice to be able to type that at long last!).

A lot of football fans seem concerned that the QBs, in general, are over protected. And the Pats have both benefited from and been hurt by the increased emphasis on late hits in recent weeks, so I don't think it needs to be a partisan thing. IMO if a DT catches the QB with the ball he should be able to smack him into the turf. Why not? You don't like it, don't get caught with the ball.

Diving at the knees is a tough one to judge as intent is had to analyze. Is the defender just making a genuine attempt to tackle or is it more sinister? The risk of a serious (career threatening type) injury is greater for a QB with front foot planted than just about any other scenario in a game (WR unable to protect themselves is another one). IMO the Wilfork example is one where a textbook tackle on a QB releasing the ball is penalised. It will be a shame if we lose that edge from the game, but by the letter of the law its a penalty and for this season it seems that the rule is being very strictly applied. Defenders are just going to have to deal with it for now.

You know as well as everyone else does that the way the rule is enforced is much different now and it's because of the Colt's constant whinning. Everyone knows it's because of how your receivers were manhandled.

Pats should have been called for holding that game. At least 24 teams agreed when they voted for enforcement.

Funny that Pats fans like to point out obscure rules when they benifitted from the most obscure rule ever, the tuck rule.

Pats should have been called for holding that game. At least 24 teams agreed when they voted for enforcement.

Funny that Pats fans like to point out obscure rules when they benifitted from the most obscure rule ever, the tuck rule.

No one lobbied for any tuck rule. You guys were crying and whinning the entire offseason about the playoffs. It figures that you join the peanut gallery "the refs, the refs, they didn't call it....whaaaaa" since you're a Colts apologist too. You let me know when BB blames a loss on a bad call or the other team's aggressive play and then come see me. Until then, live with the fact that you guys whinned enough to pussify the NFL because your dome team couldn't hack it. Twenty four teams might have voted but your team was the one that led the band and now everyone can't stand how the game is played downfield and the product is watered down. You guys should be proud of your contribution because every time someone complains about some DB brushing against a receiver and catching a flag, they have you guys to thank for it. No one has the tuck rule called because of our complaining. Take it to the league if you don't like the rule. I'm sure if it was called on you, you guys would belly moan until it was changed.

No one lobbied for any tuck rule. You guys were crying and whinning the entire offseason about the playoffs. It figures that you join the peanut gallery "the refs, the refs, they didn't call it....whaaaaa" since you're a Colts apologist too. You let me know when BB blames a loss on a bad call or the other team's aggressive play and then come see me. Until then, live with the fact that you guys whinned enough to pussify the NFL because your dome team couldn't hack it. Twenty four teams might have voted but your team was the one that led the band and now everyone can't stand how the game is played downfield and the product is watered down. You guys should be proud of your contribution because every time someone complains about some DB brushing against a receiver and catching a flag, they have you guys to thank for it. No one has the tuck rule called because of our complaining. Take it to the league if you don't like the rule. I'm sure if it was called on you, you guys would belly moan until it was changed.

Also the TUCK rule was called AGAINST the Patriots earlier that SAME year against the Jests.

The Jets bullied the Patriots en route to a 13–0 halftime lead, but the Patriots stormed back, scoring 14 third-quarter points en route to a 17–16 win. During the game the Jets appeared to lose a fumble to the Patriots, but the fumble was reversed based on a rule that would become controversial in the subsequent playoffs - the Tuck Rule.

See unlike teams like the faiders and ravens the Patriots actually FINISH games and don't blame calls.

Funny but everyone acts like the "tuck rule" came out of no where. The Patriots lost a fumble a month earlier in a close game on the EXACT SAME CALL.

Also the TUCK rule was called AGAINST the Patriots earlier that SAME year against the Jests.

See unlike teams like the faiders and ravens the Patriots actually FINISH games and don't blame calls.

Funny but everyone acts like the "tuck rule" came out of no where. The Patriots lost a fumble a month earlier in a close game on the EXACT SAME CALL.

Yup, no complaints then. It's been called a number of other times too....no complaints...only the Pats/Faiders game.

It doesn't really matter. They can say what about this or that but it's just deflection from the fact that the Colts have lobbied for rule changes as well as changing how the calls are made. I've never seen BB go to the media about one like the Colts did and cry about a loss nevermind try to get the "emphisis" of a rule that had been called the same way for 26 years changed because it didn't favor their team. If it's about fairness, why haven't the Colts led the charge against that dumb "freeze the kicker" timeout rule that just wastes time or even the tuck rule? Let's face it, unless it favors them or has effected the outcome of one of their games, they don't care. Don't give me this "good for the league" bullshit that they spout.

No one lobbied for any tuck rule. You guys were crying and whinning the entire offseason about the playoffs. It figures that you join the peanut gallery "the refs, the refs, they didn't call it....whaaaaa" since you're a Colts apologist too.
The refs helped the Pats by calling an obscue rule like the tuck rule. Funny you try to justify it, yet call me an apologist. Randy Moss doesnt push off either. I hate terrible calls...ex. Troy Polamalu overturned Interception. Can you admit the same about your team?
You let me know when BB blames a loss on a bad call or the other team's aggressive play and then come see me.
You let me know when a coach from the Colts does the same.
Until then, live with the fact that you guys whinned enough to pussify the NFL because your dome team couldn't hack it. Twenty four teams might have voted but your team was the one that led the band and now everyone can't stand how the game is played downfield and the product is watered down.
24 teams voted but its the Colts who were responsible, ok. The rule emphasis actually has caused more high speed contact...dont see how that pussified the NFL. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt the Welker hit cause the defenseless reciever flag this year?

The refs helped the Pats by calling an obscue rule like the tuck rule. Funny you try to justify it, yet call me an apologist. Randy Moss doesnt push off either. I hate terrible calls...ex. Troy Polamalu overturned Interception. Can you admit the same about your team?

You let me know when a coach from the Colts does the same.
24 teams voted but its the Colts who were responsible, ok. The rule emphasis actually has caused more high speed contact...dont see how that pussified the NFL. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt the Welker hit cause the defenseless reciever flag this year?

Again, you completely miss the point. NO ONE FROM THE PATRIOTS WHINED ABOUT HOW THE RULES WERE CALLED WHEN THEY WERE AGAINST THEIR TEAM. You guys are the league leaders. YOU JUST DON"T GET IT!!!!!

How about the Willie McGinnest time out change? How about when you complained to the league about the condition of our turf when we had natural grass... I can go on and on and you won't be able to answer with anything even close.

As far as letting you know when your team complains about the rule, you must have recently started watching your team....TONY DUNGY went to the media with his complaint. Look it up because you obviously don't remember. Polian droned on about it on his radio show for weeks.

Are you that new that you don't know that your team did that?

Who cares about how the rule was called. You guys got a freebe against us in the playoffs for that "faceguarding" rule that doesn't even exist. Without that, you might not have won either. I didn't see the Patriots bitch and moan to the rules committee.

You're just thick or something if you don't see the difference. You keep bringing up the refs calling rules that exist and are called the same way all of the time with you guys getting how a rule is called, changed. You need to take off your blue glassess and see it for what it's worth.

So which time did BB complain to the media about how the game was called? Give me a single example.... just one. I'll bet you can't.

Also, when has anyone in the NFL ever complained about at rule call that favored them? Give me a single example and then you can complain. I'll bet you can't do that either.

It's comical how you expect the Patriots to complain about the tuck rule as if we lobbied for it as your defense to your organization's constant lobbying and whinning about the rules when they go against your team. Your logic is lacking.

One question for you. Was the tuck rule called correctly? If not, explain why it was not called correctly.

Here's what Ron said when you guys got the rule "corrected"

"There's no doubt about it; it's had a tremendous effect," said Ron Jaworski, a former NFL quarterback turned ESPN commentator. "I certainly wouldn't want to be a cornerback or a safety in this league right now. In the next five years, every single passing record in this league won't just be broken, they'll all be shattered."

"I don't think it's necessarily because of the enforcement of the rule," Jaworski said by telephone. "I went back through the tape of that [AFC championship] game when I was preparing for the Week 1 matchup, and there were only two plays in that entire game that were really gray areas. The Patriots just did an outstanding job jamming the receivers legally in that initial five-yard area. In spite of the perception, I don't think any different enforcement of the rule would have changed the outcome of that game. But the Patriots not having Ty Law and Tyrone Poole is what changes things now. When you look at their coverages now, without them, they're just much more predictable."

Again, you completely miss the point. NO ONE FROM THE PATRIOTS WHINED ABOUT HOW THE RULES WERE CALLED WHEN THEY WERE AGAINST TEIR TEAM. You guys are the league leaders. YOU JUST DON"T GET IT!!!!!

As far as letting you know when your team complains about the rule, you must have recently started watching your team....TONY DUNGY went to the media with his complaint. Look it up because you obviously don't remember. Polian droned on about it on his radio show for weeks.

Who cares about how the rule was called. You guys got a freebe against us in the playoffs for that "faceguarding" rule that doesn't even exist. Without that, you might not have won either. I didn't see the Patriots bitch and moan to the rules committee.

You're just thick or something if you don't see the difference. You keep bringing up the refs calling rules that exist and are called the same way all of the time with you guys getting how a rule is called, changed. You need to take off your blue glassess and see it for what it's worth.

So which time did BB complain to the media about how the game was called? Give me a single example.... just one. I'll bet you can't.

Also, when has anyone in the NFL ever complained about at rule call that favored them? Give me a single example and then you can complain. I'll bet you can't do that either.

It's comical how you expect the Patriots to complain about the tuck rule as if we lobbied for it as your defense to your organization's constant lobbying and whinning about the rules when they go against your team. Your logic is lacking.

Only person I remember was Polian. Bill Polians is on the competition committee. Im not aware of anyone from the Pats organization who is on the cc so what's your point?

Pats have plenty of excuses when playing the Colts, dont be blind. Turning up the heat, crowd noise, radio communications, ect.

Bob Kraft himself accused the Colts of pumping in noise. BB once made a comment basically saying the Colts messed with the radio.
BB said:
"Basically, we didn't have a coach-to-quarterback operation, so we had to signal in all of the plays, which is unusual, but that's the way it was," he said. "What all was going on, I can't tell you, but I can tell you that, from a functional standpoint, the coach-to-quarterback was basically useless."

One question for you. Was the tuck rule called correctly? If not, explain why it was not called correctly.

It was as correct to call as illegal contact down field at the time. The 'tuck' had been called a fumble more times than not, and even according to the rule it was questionable because of the slightness of movement.

Only person I remember was Polian. Bill Polians is on the competition committee. Im not aware of anyone from the Pats organization who is on the cc so what's your point?

You said name someone from your org. Both Dungy and Pilian did. As I said you must be new.

Pats have plenty of excuses when playing the Colts, dont be blind. Turning up the heat, crowd noise, radio communications, ect.

Who, dumb fans? When have you ever heard someone from the Pats organization (Kraft to be addressed)? Also, is it just that Pats fans that have said this or are we to blame whenever any rumor in the league floats around? I guess only the Patriots fans have said this....right?

Bob Kraft himself accused the Colts of pumping in noise. BB once made a comment basically saying the Colts messed with the radio.

Wrong again. Look it up. Kraft asked the league to look into that feedback sound. Everyone heard it at home. It turns out that it was a real problem with the CBS sound system though. Try again.

Also, find the quote on BB. I've never heard that one.

You said name someone from your org. Both Dungy and Pilian did. As I said you must be new.

Who dumb fans? When have you ever heard someone from the Pats organization (Kraft to be addressed).

Wrong again. Look it up. Kraft asked the league to look into that feedback sound. Everyone heard it at home. It turns out that it was a real problem with the CBS sound system though. Try again.
Dungy never blamed the refs, link please.

Kraft accused the Colts of cheating after his team was caught cheating. Misery loves company is how I looked at it. Kraft had no reason to comment, he was at the game, and the noise was just on TV.

BB said radio communications didnt work either not the fans. Its loud and I cant hear, boohoo the Colts are cheating.

Back