Pats/Refs win again!

Dungy never blamed the refs, link please.

Kraft accused the Colts of cheating after his team was caught cheating. Misery loves company is how I looked at it. Kraft had no reason to comment, he was at the game, and the noise was just on TV.

BB said radio communications didnt work either not the fans. Its loud and I cant hear, boohoo the Colts are cheating.

Actually the steelers accused the colts of cheating first. But hey lets make it all about the pats, I mean that is why you hang out over here right.

It was as correct to call as illegal contact down field at the time. The 'tuck' had been called a fumble more times than not, and even according to the rule it was questionable because of the slightness of movement.

learn the rules, you are talking out of your ass. The tuck has been called a fumble? When? There is nothing questionable about it, if teh arm is moving forward its either a forward pass or a tuck rule, if the ball is out before the ball moves forward its a fumble, Its pretty clear.

Kraft accused the Colts of cheating after his team was caught cheating. Misery loves company is how I looked at it. Kraft had no reason to comment, he was at the game, and the noise was just on TV.

BB said radio communications didnt work either not the fans. Its loud and I cant hear, boohoo the Colts are cheating.

How old are you, 10? Again, Kraft did not accuse the Colts of cheating...again link.

What???? You're making the leap from BB saying he couldn't hear in the headset to he was accusing the Colts of cheating?

You're either some kid or you're really pushing it because you won't be able to find a link where they say the Colts cheated either... go ahead.

BTW,
You wanted a link to Dungy? Here you go kid.

(read the context)
''It wasn't just them, and it wasn't just that game,'' he said. ''We threw interceptions. We blew coverages. We missed tackles. They forced some things and took advantages of mistakes we made.''

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940CE3D91730F93AA3575AC0A9629C8B63

Also, WTF do you think was on the rules committee along with Polian driving the rule "change"? Look it up, Dungy was on the rules committee. Want to know who else was behind it.... Martz. He was on the committee and was still complaining about 2001. The pussification of the NFL is directly related to you guys and sore losers.

I won't have more to say on this because so far you haven't provided any proof of anything you've said. It's like arguing with a teenager. You just know you're right but you don't have to back it up. Provide some links to your statements and I'll reply otherwise I'll consider you just another homer.

Here's the exact statement about the "noise" event. Got proof it's different? Show it. I'll concede.

Patriots president Jonathan Kraft approached NFL vice president of security Milt Ahlerich about the distracting noise after Kraft and his parents, Patriots owners Bob and Myra, left the Patriots locker room following the game. Kraft was angry as he told Ahlerich the league needed to look into the allegation.

They asked the league to look into the noise. Where did they say it was the Colts and that they were cheating? The noise existed and they asked to have it looked into. They were right, there was a noise and it was CBS feedback. Where did they say the Colts piped in noise? You filling in the blanks with your own opinion I'll bet.

It was as correct to call as illegal contact down field at the time. The 'tuck' had been called a fumble more times than not, and even according to the rule it was questionable because of the slightness of movement.

What was questionable? The rule states that if a qb attempts to pass and then changes his mind and brings it back in, it's an incomplete pass if it hits the ground? What is questionable? Did he pump as if to throw and then bring the ball back in? Look at the film. THAT IS THE TUCK RULE. If you don't like it...have Polian whine some more. I'm sure he can get it changed but it's the rule. The only thing "questionable" about the call is that whinny fans who never knew it existed until that moment. Hey, I'll admit that I didn't either but I'm thankful for it. The refs made the right call.

You comparing that to 26 years of how a rule is called and complaining because it was called the way it was called for 1000 other games until your loss? No comment on what Jaws said I see. I'm sure Polian and you watch more film than Jaws does though.

Also, how does some ref calling the rule right or wrong compare to the Colts constant whinning? Who whinned? The Raiders? What's your point? Are you upset that the Pats moved on or do you think it's the same thing as your intentional whinning (team)?

learn the rules, you are talking out of your ass. The tuck has been called a fumble? When? There is nothing questionable about it, if teh arm is moving forward its either a forward pass or a tuck rule, if the ball is out before the ball moves forward its a fumble, Its pretty clear.

He also seemed to miss the FACT that this "oscure" rule was called AGAINST the Patriots a month earlier where the Pats recovered, only to be over turned by this rule....but....but it was obscure! UUHH no it wasn't. It was only the WHINING of the faider players that still had the chance to stop the Pats (several times after that play) and THEIR ignorance of the rule that got headlines.

JUST like the hitting the QB below the knee rule. EVERY PLAYER KNOWS IT...yet for some reason the ravens players act like it is a made up rule. Then they complain about that Brady wasn't touched...when replays clearly show he actually got hit on BOTH knees.

Huh and wouldn't you know it the Patriots got called for it where Wilfork sacked Edwards for a SAFETY and hit him in the stomach.

Guess the league is trying to protect the big names in the NFL...like...EDWARDS?????

My only guess is they feign ignorance out of embarrassment about their team being whiners???

How old are you, 10? Again, Kraft did not accuse the Colts of cheating...again link.

What???? You're making the leap from BB saying he couldn't hear in the headset to he was accusing the Colts of cheating?

You're either some kid or you're really pushing it because you won't be able to find a link where they say the Colts cheated either... go ahead.

BTW,
You wanted a link to Dungy? Here you go kid.

(read the context)
''It wasn't just them, and it wasn't just that game,'' he said. ''We threw interceptions. We blew coverages. We missed tackles. They forced some things and took advantages of mistakes we made.''

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940CE3D91730F93AA3575AC0A9629C8B63

Also, WTF do you think was on the rules committee along with Polian driving the rule "change"? Look it up, Dungy was on the rules committee. Want to know who else was behind it.... Martz. He was on the committee and was still complaining about 2001. The pussification of the NFL is directly related to you guys and sore losers.

I won't have more to say on this because so far you haven't provided any proof of anything you've said. It's like arguing with a teenager. You just know you're right but you don't have to back it up. Provide some links to your statements and I'll reply otherwise I'll consider you just another homer.
I think someone who enjoys the name calling the assclown forum provides wouldnt be too quick to accuse someone else of being a fvckin 10 year old. If youre not smart enough to google a direct quote, I dont know what to tell you. Quit being a bitch, cleat.

Furthermore, saying Dungy blamed the refs is silly when you back it up with a BS article 6 months later and quote ''It wasn't just them, and it wasn't just that game,'' he said. ''We threw interceptions. We blew coverages. We missed tackles. They forced some things and took advantages of mistakes we made.'' Can you not ****in read what you quoted? How the **** is that blaming the loss on the refs?

BTW, copy/paste and put quotations around the quotes. Use a google search and youll get your links. Im not using a computer to type and cant grab links to paste. The BB quote was from the same game that Kraft accused the Colts of pumping in Noise.
Kraft was angry as he told Ahlerich the league needed to look into the allegation. Ahlerich is the same person who confiscated a videotape made by the Patriots during a game against the New York Jets in Week 2 that led to the Spygate controversy.

Actually the steelers accused the colts of cheating first. But hey lets make it all about the pats, I mean that is why you hang out over here right.
Yeah the Steelers did, Cleat asked about the Pats though. If he asked about the Jets and spygate I wouldnt answer green bay.

What was questionable? The rule states that if a qb attempts to pass and then changes his mind and brings it back in, it's an incomplete pass if it hits the ground? What is questionable? Did he pump as if to throw and then bring the ball back in? Look at the film. THAT IS THE TUCK RULE. If you don't like it...have Polian whine some more. I'm sure he can get it changed but it's the rule. The only thing "questionable" about the call is that whinny fans who never knew it existed until that moment. Hey, I'll admit that I didn't either but I'm thankful for it. The refs made the right call.

You comparing that to 26 years of how a rule is called and complaining because it was called the way it was called for 1000 other games until your loss? No comment on what Jaws said I see. I'm sure Polian and you watch more film than Jaws does though.

Also, how does some ref calling the rule right or wrong compare to the Colts constant whinning? Who whinned? The Raiders? What's your point? Are you upset that the Pats moved on or do you think it's the same thing as your intentional whinning (team)?

Illegal contact rules were already in place just like the tuck rule.

I never 'whinned' about shit. Thats all youre doing. I came in the thread because you want to blame the Colts for the pussification of the NFL even though the QB and the defenseless reciever rule stemmed from hits on Brady and Welker last year.

Im not blaming the refs for losing the AFCCG. The only point I was making was that the pussification wasnt because of that rule. It created more highspeed contact and higher scoring, but thats it.

About the tuck rule, I give up. The tuck rule was always called correctly. I mean, how could anyone actually call a fumble when the QB isnt in throwing motion.

BB didn't say anything about the Colts cheating, you made it up.

He said the radio didn't work.

A lot of football fans seem concerned that the QBs, in general, are over protected. And the Pats have both benefited from and been hurt by the increased emphasis on late hits in recent weeks, so I don't think it needs to be a partisan thing. IMO if a DT catches the QB with the ball he should be able to smack him into the turf. Why not? You don't like it, don't get caught with the ball.

There is a fine line on dirty hits...QB should be fair game when he has the ball. When he doesn't have the ball, then it is fine that it is a penalty. Same thing with kickers. If they really wanted to eliminate this, they would make it a 25,000$ fine instead of a on field penalty. I never understood it with some of the way these people think. Ex. Hockey has a high sticking penalty. 2 mins for a minor or a major is 4 mins if they are bleeding...it has been updated over the last 2 years, but for 50 years that was the rule....guys would get there teeth knocked out, or they would get partially blinded and we know the amounts of stitches is beyond belief....but what does that sport give? 4 minute penalties....lol What a joke.

If they want to eliminate things in a sport, then the simple solution is to fine them large amounts to the point where they can't afford it.

About the tuck rule, I give up. The tuck rule was always called correctly. I mean, how could anyone actually call a fumble when the QB isnt in throwing motion.

Yet the CC hasn't gotten rid of this rule:shrug:

100% untrue.

The Steelers are NOT the Patriots...get your teams straight.

The Colts DID turn up the heat and pump in noise, but none of those complaints came out of the Patriots.

All those complaints came from other teams or other sources.

Keep throwing, maybe something will stick. :thumb:

Illegal contact rules were already in place just like the tuck rule.

I never 'whinned' about shit. Thats all youre doing. I came in the thread because you want to blame the Colts for the pussification of the NFL even though the QB and the defenseless reciever rule stemmed from hits on Brady and Welker last year.

Im not blaming the refs for losing the AFCCG. The only point I was making was that the pussification wasnt because of that rule. It created more highspeed contact and higher scoring, but thats it.

You still don't get it. NO ONE from the Patiots lobbied for any rule changes or clarifications. You guys do and did.

What does the tuck rule state? It states an extension to the forward pass rule. Look it up. Don't be one of those idiots who "uses common sense" and ignores the actual rules. What does it say and what do you see on film? It's a simple question. I wouldn't like it either but it's a rule and was called correctly. If it was applied incorrectly, why didn't your team "clarify it"? Could it be because you didn't give a shit about the rule because it didn't cause Peyton to look like a rookie?

For 26 years you could bump the guy downfield with some amount of forgiveness. Now you can't breath on him. Thanks for correcting the NFL. We're all proud of your team. Still no response about Jaws though I see.

Also, look back. I never said the Colts are to blame. I said you had your part. The application of downfield contact rules are a direct result of your team's bitching and moaning. Everyone (not just Patriots fans) knows that.

I think someone who enjoys the name calling the assclown forum provides wouldnt be too quick to accuse someone else of being a fvckin 10 year old. If youre not smart enough to google a direct quote, I dont know what to tell you. Quit being a bitch, cleat.

Furthermore, saying Dungy blamed the refs is silly when you back it up with a BS article 6 months later and quote ''It wasn't just them, and it wasn't just that game,'' he said. ''We threw interceptions. We blew coverages. We missed tackles. They forced some things and took advantages of mistakes we made.'' Can you not ****in read what you quoted? How the **** is that blaming the loss on the refs?

BTW, copy/paste and put quotations around the quotes. Use a google search and youll get your links. Im not using a computer to type and cant grab links to paste. The BB quote was from the same game that Kraft accused the Colts of pumping in Noise.

You remind me of a 10 year old in this argument because you're defending your team like one. It has nothing to do with name calling. This section is what it is. Still waiting for links.

I guess you can't read context can you? The entire article is about the play and Dungy was answering it. He just didn't say that it was the "ONLY" reason. Are you that blind?

Besides, did Polian bitch and moan? Yes, so what's your point? You guys bitched and moaned. There's no denying it. You did it.

Again, you can't produce a link and you blame it on your inability to copy and paste. ROFL

100% untrue.

The Steelers are NOT the Patriots...get your teams straight.

The Colts DID turn up the heat and pump in noise, but none of those complaints came out of the Patriots.

All those complaints came from other teams or other sources.

Keep throwing, maybe something will stick. :thumb:
So which team complained about us turning up the heat against the Patriots?

And the league investigated the claims that we were pumping in noise. They concluded there was no validity to the accusations.

The old Hoosier Dome, for all it's other faults was basically made to be loud. You stuff 60k people into a broom closet and you're ears are going to be ringing.

No one complained about you turning up the heat. The Patriots said it was hot in there. The media ran with the headline that made it look like they said it was because you turned up the heat. Look it up and show us a quote from the Patriots organization.

I really wish they would. (has nothing to do with the raiders game fwiw)

I just think it's a really stupid rule.

I agree.

I don't understand why they didn't, it's not like it comes up very often.

The funny part is people act like it won the game for the pats, they still had to tie it up and then win in OT.

Back