Pats vs. Bills, 2.0

EasyBigFella

Got 6? YUP
Reaction score
Was reading that Buffalo is going to be without their starting center and starting left tackle on Sunday vs. the Pats (both knee injuries). Have to think it will give the Pats a much easier time shutting down Fitzpatrick this time.

If this game is close in the fourth, I'll be surprised. My goals for Sunday:

1.) Stress free fourth quarter (read: blowout win)
2.) Brady gets his yards to pass Marino/Brees
3.) Brady throws 4TDs to hit 40.

Perfect opportunity get some confidence heading into the bye week to prepare for the Divisional opponent.

I don't want Brady to pass Brees in passing yards, strange stat but the QB to lead the NFL in passing yards has not won a SB since Warner did it in 1999

Was reading that Buffalo is going to be without their starting center and starting left tackle on Sunday vs. the Pats (both knee injuries). Have to think it will give the Pats a much easier time shutting down Fitzpatrick this time.

If this game is close in the fourth, I'll be surprised. My goals for Sunday:

1.) Stress free fourth quarter (read: blowout win)
2.) Brady gets his yards to pass Marino/Brees
3.) Brady throws 4TDs to hit 40.

Perfect opportunity get some confidence heading into the bye week to prepare for the Divisional opponent.

I like your list so I'll see your 3 and raise 4 more
1.) Hoyer plays the 3rd qtr and 1/2 the 4th. Goes 8/10 and tosses 2 TDs; 1 is a perfect toss to 85 at the trash can.
2.) Mallett does mop up duty the last 2 possessions, handing off to Vereen and Ridley with no throws attempted.
3.) The D holds the Bills to <25 mins. time of possession and holds them to 10% third down conversions.
4.) No new injuries.

I don't want Brady to pass Brees for a different reason. Brady has 'languished" in the shadow of Rodgers and Brees the whole 2nd half of the season. I want Tommy stewing on all the media hummers that those two will be getting as we go into the playoffs. Tommy knows he's the best there ever was and will be more inclined to remind folks of this simple fact.

Cheers, BostonTim

Does BB give Chung and Spikes playing time next week to shake off the rust for the playoffs?

I like your list so I'll see your 3 and raise 4 more
1.) Hoyer plays the 3rd qtr and 1/2 the 4th. Goes 8/10 and tosses 2 TDs; 1 is a perfect toss to 85 at the trash can.
2.) Mallett does mop up duty the last 2 possessions, handing off to Vereen and Ridley with no throws attempted.
3.) The D holds the Bills to <25 mins. time of possession and holds them to 10% third down conversions.
4.) No new injuries.

8) Gronk gets 3 more receiving TDs.

If Brady does pass Brees, isn't it likely that he will only hold the record for a matter of hours?

Saints play at 415 don't they - and if Brady does do it, I gotta think Payton will give him an opportunity to win his record back.

If Brady does pass Brees, isn't it likely that he will only hold the record for a matter of hours?

Saints play at 415 don't they - and if Brady does do it, I gotta think Payton will give him an opportunity to win his record back.

I hope the game is so in hand so early that Brady never passes him in the first place.

I hope the game is so in hand so early that Brady never passes him in the first place.

I think BB would let Brady play for the record.

They say they don't, but it's obvious that both care about their legacies. It would be one more notch in Brady's belt if he owns the record outright. I see him playing straight through to rack up the yards.

That said, the question remains how will Payton and Brees respond? I gotta think they in turn try to re-break it.

When does Brady ever come out of games? I am not sure who makes that decision, but Brady has not left a whole lot of games at the half and I would be surprised that the Bills do not score enough to keep Brady in the game for most of it. Our defense rarely holds teams down in single digits and when they do, Brady played in those games as well.

When does Brady ever come out of games? I am not sure who makes that decision, but Brady has not left a whole lot of games at the half and I would be surprised that the Bills do not score enough to keep Brady in the game for most of it. Our defense rarely holds teams down in single digits and when they do, Brady played in those games as well.

We're just saying what we hope will happen. Fantasy not reality. I still hope Brady comes out when the game is in hand.

We're just saying what we hope will happen. Fantasy not reality. I still hope Brady comes out when the game is in hand.

I hope the game is ever in hand.:coffee: I always wondered who makes that call because it seems Brady stays in even when the game is out of reach most of the time.

I don't. Divisional opponent. Leave no doubt. Send a message to them regarding the game in Buffalo. Also, send a message to the Jets.

I don't. Divisional opponent. Leave no doubt. Send a message to them regarding the game in Buffalo. Also, send a message to the Jets.

Yeah this......and especially the jets....have to send message.

Would like to have some revenge against Buffalo so this is probably the only case I could see as the reason why Brady will remain in the game when the game is in hand.

Otherwise, hope we at least see lots of Ridley with a possible side of "Vereen", whoever that guy is.

Would like to have some revenge against Buffalo so this is probably the only case I could see as the reason why Brady will remain in the game when the game is in hand.

Otherwise, hope we at least see lots of Ridley with a possible side of "Vereen", whoever that guy is.

I think we might be seeing more of Ridley regardless if game is hand or not...

I'm going with the theory that the Pats didn't get off to extremely slow starts in the last few games because we are a mediocre 12-3 team that has to struggle to beat other mediocre clubs.

I'm going with the Trojan Horse theory and believe BB wants this game to play out exactly the same way. Win, but look vulnerable to any playoff team so that they will gameplan the way it appears they should to defeat us and then have that sonofabitch Belichick pull the rug out from underneath them by designing completely different strategies to get to the bowl and win it.

Pats win the regular season finale, but it looks extremely ugly. Everybody with a bruise sits down again.

Pats enter the playoffs as a dark horse with giant question marks obvious to opponents licking their chops. Disrespect part VII.

Back