Pats vs Titans, Week 10, 2018

The Titans have a pretty good defense. They are not the Titan's we have come to know. They were up for this game and the Pats were not. The bye came a week too late this year. We've got a couple more tests coming up. We will get a better look at our playoff chances after those games. I'm especially interested in the Pittsburgh game now. I wasn't 5 weeks ago, but they seem to be coming together.

I still remember the early years of the dynasty. When we'd lose a game like this, everyone would note how hard it is to beat the Pats twice. If we have to play the Titans again in the playoffs, the result will be much different.

The offense is in a position of trying to cobble it together with a changing cast of guys who are in various degrees of health.

While watching them play well sometimes I wonder how they manage to get it done and I see Brady struggling, in part, because there is a lack of synch with those key guys in and out of the lineup.

But that doesn't explain the easy misses. Entirely. Or bailing early on plays that don't go according to script.

So much of Tom's game depends on his unparalleled ability to anticipate where his guys will be based on coverage, so you can factor that in with all the churn, but......he looked like shit Sunday and his numbers are down. Is age a factor? I dunno, but I don't think so.

Everybody has to keep grinding away until it starts clicking again.

We're a flawed 7-3 team with a history of figuring shit out and getting less flawed when we have to. No cakewalk to a bye this season. It's going to be a-kicking and a-gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

I still like our chances.

Hey Sue. :wave: How do you do?

Cheers, :toast:

Back