Pats vs Titans, Week 10, 2018

Agree 100%...and also, who gave him his chance?

Nobody else on that team talked after the game except for him and his 2.6 ypc. That guy has a contract right now because of the patriots. Burning bridges in the NFL is always the smart thing to do, and heaven help him if the pats play them again this year.

Its hard for me to believe that a BB ran team would not take a team serious. If that's the case, then they need to do a better job coaching. The pats never underestimated teams.

It felt like the whole team literally mailed it in after the coin toss...NOTHING went right.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Nobody else on that team talked after the game except for him and his 2.6 ypc. That guy has a contract right now because of the patriots. Burning bridges in the NFL is always the smart thing to do, and heaven help him if the pats play them again this year.

This

They decided to repeat . their performance from jags & lions games . Their nothing positive you can say about it.,

The Tits have talent. Corey Davis kinda reminds me of Gordon. I don't mind Henry. Their front 7 is MUCH better than the Pats. The Tits should be proud of their team. They're not terrible.

Their qb is hit and miss imo. Sometimes he looks really good. Other times he looks clueless.

Brady is now dead last in the league by passer rating when facing the blitz.

The O Line is inconsistent. Looks great one game and then regresses the next. I know Trent Brown missing was not ideal. The media of course has gone into mass hysteria claiming Tom is finished, his arm is now like an “overcooked Fettuccini”. It’s BS. But Tom hasn’t looked the best the past few weeks.

Brady is now dead last in the league by passer rating when facing the blitz.

The O Line is inconsistent. Looks great one game and then regresses the next. I know Trent Brown missing was not ideal. The media of course has gone into mass hysteria claiming Tom is finished, his arm is now like an “overcooked Fettuccini”. It’s BS. But Tom hasn’t looked the best the past few weeks.

That’s a telling stat that to be quite honest I thought would a) be avoidable given TBs mental acumen and b) his past dominance against said blitz.

I feel the Offense is in general getting too vertical oriented. Longer routes is more time in pocket holding and waiting to develop and he’s shown there’s a lesser desire to be hit(expectedly for a 41 yr old) and some skittish behavior when the rush hasn’t actually gotten home.

Josh could be helping a whole lot more too. Get back to stretching it wide, dumps, and screens. MOAR SKREANS!

That’s a telling stat that to be quite honest I thought would a) be avoidable given TBs mental acumen and b) his past dominance against said blitz.

I feel the Offense is in general getting too vertical oriented. Longer routes is more time in pocket holding and waiting to develop and he’s shown there’s a lesser desire to be hit(expectedly for a 41 yr old) and some skittish behavior when the rush hasn’t actually gotten home.

Josh could be helping a whole lot more too. Get back to stretching it wide, dumps, and screens. MOAR SKREANS!

Agreed even if it is by design, it ain't working!

Fact of the matter is they’d have far more success hitting a Gordon-Hogan-Dorsett deep if they were working horizontally or underneath much more frequently and then hitting it when it’s there.

I don't know how you can sum up a stinker like that with a couple of adjustments, but this has sure been a bi-polar year with a couple of dominant performances balanced by a couple of disasters.

I think it's obvious we were flat going in because we always trample that team and they were sky high to take on the team that they are attempting to emulate and everything they did worked. Nothing we tried did.

Maybe Tennessee is starting to get the message, but I find it hard to believe that we are as bad as we looked. And they were, conversely, as good.

I looked for evidence that this was one of the annual "tank jobs" where I accuse BB of deciding the team needs to lose a battle in order to win a war, but I didn't see anything really. Which was disturbing. They were all over us no matter what we tried. All three phases.

One thing that was karmically bad, imo, was Gronk standing on the sidelines watching his teammates get hammered. Was he well enough to help? I'm not sure what the point was of his making the trip was if he couldn't go.

Fuck it, I guess. Let's take that beating like men and regroup. Great job, Titans. It's about time somebody tried to clone us and those results weren't bad.

I'll say one thing, though. Anytime Wesley Woodyard wants to sign to play in Foxboro would be fine with me. I think he's one of the most underrated guys in the league.

I don't know how you can sum up a stinker like that with a couple of adjustments, but this has sure been a bi-polar year with a couple of dominant performances balanced by a couple of disasters.

I think it's obvious we were flat going in because we always trample that team and they were sky high to take on the team that they are attempting to emulate and everything they did worked. Nothing we tried did.

Maybe Tennessee is starting to get the message, but I find it hard to believe that we are as bad as we looked. And they were, conversely, as good.

I looked for evidence that this was one of the annual "tank jobs" where I accuse BB of deciding the team needs to lose a battle in order to win a war, but I didn't see anything really. Which was disturbing. They were all over us no matter what we tried. All three phases.

One thing that was karmically bad, imo, was Gronk standing on the sidelines watching his teammates get hammered. Was he well enough to help? I'm not sure what the point was of his making the trip was if he couldn't go.

Fuck it, I guess. Let's take that beating like men and regroup. Great job, Titans. It's about time somebody tried to clone us and those results weren't bad.

I'll say one thing, though. Anytime Wesley Woodyard wants to sign to play in Foxboro would be fine with me. I think he's one of the most underrated guys in the league.

i think we must remember too that it seems that who ever we play that team brings its A game and our game it their game of the year, especially if that team does not have deep playoffs aspiration.

So on a small level I view this game as partly that, the Titans played over their head a bit and brought their A game. Mariota had one of his best games of the year.

Be interesting to see how the make out the rest of the season. There are a solid team.

Look at Jax, they spanked us but have not done much since the win, and Borltes had his best game against us.

i think we must remember too that it seems that who ever we play that team brings its A game and our game it their game of the year, especially if that team does not have deep playoffs aspiration.

So on a small level I view this game as partly that, the Titans played over their head a bit and brought their A game. Mariota had one of his best games of the year.

Be interesting to see how the make out the rest of the season. There are a solid team.

Look at Jax, they spanked us but have not done much since the win, and Borltes had his best game against us.

I give that absolutely zero credence.

This isn’t a bunch of D2 HS kids getting punched in the face from a D4 school. It’s the pros. Bill preaches respect the opponent every week every year. And frankly, of all Pats teams, this is one that shouldn’t be looking past anyone.

They’ve really yet to show a complete game in all 3 phases.

What the hell was that? I didn't even bother to check your score during the day because of who you were playing. A buddy of mine told me you got throttled and I laughed because I was sure he was pulling my leg.

I thought Brady threw a really nice ball several times during that game. Including hitting Edfleman right in the face. I'm not worried bout this game. It was a classic trap. Coaches and players on the other side who are motivated and kmow the system, away, a team that can rush the passer, run the ball, and play good defense. New England is coming off a great win. The Titains have the profile of the team that usually beats the pats when they do lose. The bye week is coming at the perfect time. I'm expecting this team to roll through to the playoffs. I am very concerned about this defense though. I see an inability to stop the run, and teams with depth at WR will give this defense trouble. The packers don't really try to run the ball, are definitely lacking depth behind Adams right now. It wasn't as much of an issue.

Reading about the Mexico game I am reminded of all the slipping by the Pats during the game. Did they forget the correct cleats or something?

I give that absolutely zero credence.

This isn’t a bunch of D2 HS kids getting punched in the face from a D4 school. It’s the pros. Bill preaches respect the opponent every week every year. And frankly, of all Pats teams, this is one that shouldn’t be looking past anyone.

They’ve really yet to show a complete game in all 3 phases.

Yes one should always honor and respect their opponent as one could lose on any given Sunday.

At the same time though there are times when a team will bring that extra muster to a game and I have seen many times a team play us with that extra muster. That was the basis of my point.

Tenn played a great game and we could not really stop them when needed.

For me it is one game and if it becomes a trend of us losing, then I will be worried, right now for me, it is one game at the end of 10 and before the bye.

I had this game, the @Mia and @Pit as potential looses for the Pats, so the loss was not unexpected for me.

Hopefully we can continue to win after the bye.

Yes one should always honor and respect their opponent as one could lose on any given Sunday.

At the same time though there are times when a team will bring that extra muster to a game and I have seen many times a team play us with that extra muster. That was the basis of my point.

Tenn played a great game and we could not really stop them when needed.

For me it is one game and if it becomes a trend of us losing, then I will be worried, right now for me, it is one game at the end of 10 and before the bye.

I had this game, the @Mia and @Pit as potential looses for the Pats, so the loss was not unexpected for me.

Hopefully we can continue to win after the bye.

An incredibly poor Brady performance. They’re very rare. I’m not putting a lot in it. Yet.

I actually put more on Josh. He didn’t help at all.

The funny thing about Lewis comments. The pats gave him a chance . He was Injury prone jag. He had a lot of success here . Was only healthy for 1 out 3 seasons . He shocked the pats didn’t offer him 20 mill

Nashville was ready for the Pats invasion, to bad the team failed to arrive.

This was a trap game in that the Titans played their superbowl beating the Pats, bet against them this week.

Vrabel coached a great game.

The offense is in a position of trying to cobble it together with a changing cast of guys who are in various degrees of health.

While watching them play well sometimes I wonder how they manage to get it done and I see Brady struggling, in part, because there is a lack of synch with those key guys in and out of the lineup.

But that doesn't explain the easy misses. Entirely. Or bailing early on plays that don't go according to script.

So much of Tom's game depends on his unparalleled ability to anticipate where his guys will be based on coverage, so you can factor that in with all the churn, but......he looked like shit Sunday and his numbers are down. Is age a factor? I dunno, but I don't think so.

Everybody has to keep grinding away until it starts clicking again.

We're a flawed 7-3 team with a history of figuring shit out and getting less flawed when we have to. No cakewalk to a bye this season. It's going to be a-kicking and a-gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

I still like our chances.

Back