Peter King - Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats (But Won?t)

I don't think anyone here really thinks the picks are going to be returned, but we can still discuss it.

It was discussed here for a months . When the picks were taking . Then when kraft choose to accept the punishment to protect the 32 . There nothing new every reasonable person . Knew it was a extreme excessive punishment. The NFL couldn't prove in the Wells report.

The LA deal was a crap show. Kraft was smart to stay out of it and let slimy Jerrah handle it. I really would not read anything into that as evidence of Kraft losing any power. The NFL makes the bulk of its money on its broadcasting deals where Kraft sits as chairman.
Krafty was in the LA relocation committee. The committee of 6 owners charged with investigating and making a recommendation as to where the new stadium should be built and what teams should relocate. The committee that recommended Carson City to the NFL and then got taken behind the woodshed by Jerrah! Hunt, Richardson, McNair, Mara, Rooney and Krafty voted 5-1 for the Carson City proposal. We all saw how much weight that recommendation carried. Do you really think Bob was the one vote against?
Where exactly does his supposed power rely? He can't even protect his own Franchise from the other 31 vultures. Twice now his Franchises accomplishment have been dragged through the mud by jealous, petty, incompetent and vindictive boobs and twice he has rolled over and taken it.

Just keep showing why kraft is the best owner in sports. He build pats place & Gillette without tax payer money . Now a days owners want huge billion dollar stadiums .

Just keep showing why kraft is the best owner in sports. He build pats place & Gillette without tax payer money . Now a days owners want huge billion dollar stadiums .
Yup. He is to be commended on building without tax payer money. What are the chances he'd ever get any taxpayer money to build a stadium in MA? Did the Jacobs receive any for the new Garden? Would John Henry ever get any (that is if he is even allowed to build a new stadium)? Did the new Giants Stadium receive any tax payer money? I'm honestly asking. I have no idea.

I guess we all judge owners differently. I look at how many championships an owner delivers and when you have built the best franchise in NFL history in an era when every team is supposed to go 8-8 with a HC that was below .500 when he got to NE and a sixth round draft pick at QB who is the GOAT, I would say he is doing pretty well. But what do I know? I actually watch football to root for the success of my team not league politics.

I guess we all judge owners differently. I look at how many championships an owner delivers and when you have built the best franchise in NFL history in an era when every team is supposed to go 8-8 with a HC that was below .500 when he got to NE and a sixth round draft pick at QB, I would say he is doing pretty well. But what do I know? I actually watch football to root for the success of my team not league politics.
Yeah, Kraft did a great job putting together all these winning teams. He really was a genius when he told Belichick to draft Brady. BB was lucky to be able to just come along for the ride, and get a few rings.

:coffee:

Yeah, Kraft did a great job putting together all these winning teams. He really was a genius when he told Belichick to draft Brady. BB was lucky to be able to just come along for the ride, and get a few rings.

You can't have it both ways though. Kraft gave Bill the GM title when few if any in the league had it. And he gave to Bill at a time when he was unproven as a successful HC much less a GM. And then he trusted Bill when he sat his franchise QB in Bledsoe to start Brady, again something most owners would have vetoed. And then of course gave his approval when Bill traded Bledsoe within the division to the Bills while we rode with a very unproven sixth round pick at the helm to the greatest run in NFL history.

I actually watch football to root for the success of my team not league politics.
I'd love to ignore league politics too. But when those politics lead to my team losing draft picks multiple times, slanting the competitive balance of the league against them, and the owner is completely ineffectual in protecting the team from those losses, they matter. Given that the integrity of the competition is paramount to my interest in the league, that failure overshadows anything else he might have done or will do. He's as complicit as Goodell in turning the league into the WWE. No amount of prior good can possibly make up for that.

Amen...what a prodigy!

Imagine if Kraft let Parcells buy the groceries...the story would have had a different outcome I think.

You can't have it both ways though. Kraft gave Bill the GM title when few if any in the league had it. And he gave to Bill at a time when he was unproven as a successful HC much less a GM. And then he trusted Bill when he sat his franchise QB in Bledsoe to start Brady, again something most owners would have vetoed. And then of course gave his approval when Bill traded Bledsoe within the division to the Bills while we rode with a very unproven sixth round pick at the helm to the greatest run in NFL history.

He did a few things right...I'll agree with that. He also made his team even more hated than the Yankees...I didn't think that was possible.

He should have fought for respect instead of bending ovah...no matter the consequences.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

I'd love to ignore league politics too. But when those politics lead to my team losing draft picks multiple times, slanting the competitive balance of the league against them, and the owner is completely ineffectual in protecting the team from those losses, they matter. Given that the integrity of the competition is paramount to my interest in the league, that failure overshadows anything else he might have done or will do. He's as complicit as Goodell in turning the league into the WWE. No amount of prior good can possibly make up for that.

This

This is known as the 'Peyton Manning Method' :)

Back