Peter King - Why NFL Should Give Back Picks to Pats (But Won?t)

The ball boy going into the bathroom is the NFL's "smoking gun"...cuz, he (Dorito Dink) has mad skills yo. :coffee:

Forget all this "evidence and testimony" as reasons to give the Pats the draft picks back.

How about the freaking Wells Report states specifically that they concluded that Belichick and the Patriots did nothing wrong.

NOTHING WRONG!!!!

The Pats should never have lost those picks in the first place.

That's a non-starter, but there are things that we should try to organize....

Like getting as many Pats fans into the draft as possible. As the 29th pick approaches just start some internal commotion. Get an "INTEGRITY" chant going. Heck, I'm guessing non-Pats fans would jump in at the chance to embarrass Commissioner Shithead. When that dies down start up a "LIAR LIAR LIAR" chant.... something easy.

And I know Kraft is too much of a pvssy to do this, but as the 29th pick is on the clock, I would announce who the Pats would have taken if not for this stolen pick. Put in on the website and on Twitter... "With the 29th Pick of the 2016 NFL Entry Draft, the New England Patriots WOULD HAVE TAKEN, Jack Conklin OT, Michigan State. Integrity Matters".

We are still at war with the league. And there is nothing to stop shit like this from happening again. Sad part is the old man at the helm is already moved on from it, hugging it out with the ginger bitch.

This is some evil genius level ish. LOVE IT!
What is there to lose????

This is some evil genius level ish. LOVE IT!
What is there to lose????
I think it's the opposite. It plays right into their hands. Any attempts at creating controversy will just increase exposure and, thus, ratings.

The only thing that scares the NFL is indifference. If they looked over to the Pats fans section and saw nothing but empty seats, that might cause them to rethink their tactics. When Pats fans respond to them railroading Brady by making his jersey number one in sales, that tells them they are doing exactly the right thing. When the owner lays down and accepts it, they have every incentive to do it again, and they will.

I think it's the opposite. It plays right into their hands. Any attempts at creating controversy will just increase exposure and, thus, ratings.

That is definitely a good point. They don't seem to care if the publicity is good or bad, just that it is.

BUT...I think a demand from the fans for fairness is even more important. It's like voting. I know my vote doesn't "matter" but I vote my conscience now not "lesser of two evils". If enough people do that, perhaps real change can ensue. And if it doesn't, at least your voice matched your convictions.

That is definitely a good point. They don't seem to care if the publicity is good or bad, just that it is.

BUT...I think a demand from the fans for fairness is even more important. It's like voting. I know my vote doesn't "matter" but I vote my conscience now not "lesser of two evils". If enough people do that, perhaps real change can ensue. And if it doesn't, at least your voice matched your convictions.

Until things start affecting the NFL's bottom line, they could give a crap about what fans or anyone thinks.

Until things start affecting the NFL's bottom line, they could give a crap about what fans or anyone thinks.

Yep. That's why I haven't bought a thing since they dragged TB to court. Only Sunday Ticket, which I bargain down to almost nothing. The owners pay Goodell 34-44 mill/yr to get booed at the draft. TB takes the boos at SB 50 for free. :)

The only thing that scares the NFL is indifference. If they looked over to the Pats fans section and saw nothing but empty seats, that might cause them to rethink their tactics. When Pats fans respond to them railroading Brady by making his jersey number one in sales, that tells them they are doing exactly the right thing. When the owner lays down and accepts it, they have every incentive to do it again, and they will.

The NFL loves their drama BS...to stir shit up (and ratings...cuz everyone loves to hate the "villain").

The NFL loves their drama BS...to stir shit up (and ratings...cuz everyone loves to hate the "villain").
Exactly. They would rather hear chants of "liar, liar, liar" than crickets.

It's been really frustrating to watch Pats fans' reactions this past year+. I get the urge to show support to the persecuted, but I wish more people would think of ways to do it that don't involve supporting the NFL even more. Unfortunately, there are precious few ways to do that. Even if you still wanted to give Kraft your support, almost all revenue is shared with the league in some fashion, and most of it is only 1/32 kept by the team.

TB12 gear is a great way to show Tommy your support. Not one dime goes to the NFL. :dbanana:

TB12 gear is a great way to show Tommy your support. Not one dime goes to the NFL. :dbanana:
And Under Armour, I think too. I bought one of his 199 shirts. Granted I got it on Ebay, but it was legit, it still had the tags on it. Dude only marked it up like $5 too.

And Under Armour, I think too. I bought one of his 199 shirts. Granted I got it on Ebay, but it was legit, it still had the tags on it. Dude only marked it up like $5 too.
Pats Pulpit has a few shirts as well. JE11 has some great stuff, too!

deflate gate is good publicity as far as the league is concerned.

1. 30 other owners just got to watch the pats lose a 1st.
2. the majority of fans of the other 31 teams see the pats as guilty, Goodell is a pr guy at heart and he clearly won the pr battle on this.
3. kraft had his power among the other owners taken down quite a bit. before deflate gate he was clearly the 1st among equals, tv committee chair, key negotiator for the union contract. now he is nowhere to be seen when it came to the LA deal, some old jealousies were paid back to kraft and he took it like a fool.

2. the majority of fans of the other 31 teams see the pats as guilty, Goodell is a pr guy at heart and he clearly won the pr battle on this.
3. kraft had his power among the other owners taken down quite a bit. before deflate gate he was clearly the 1st among equals, tv committee chair, key negotiator for the union contract. now he is nowhere to be seen when it came to the LA deal, some old jealousies were paid back to kraft and he took it like a fool.

Kraft has not lost any power. He is still on all the same committees he was before DG. In fact most believe he accepted the penalties precisely because he did not want to sue his other business partners and lose his power within the league.

Kraft has not lost any power. He is still on all the same committees he was before DG. In fact most believe he accepted the penalties precisely because he did not want to sue his other business partners and lose his power within the league.

where was he during the largest deal the nfl has done in the last decade, it was jerry jones who ramrodded the la deal...before that kraft was the lead on the big business deals...

where was he during the largest deal the nfl has done in the last decade, it was jerry jones who ramrodded the la deal...before that kraft was the lead on the big business deals...

The LA deal was a crap show. Kraft was smart to stay out of it and let slimy Jerrah handle it. I really would not read anything into that as evidence of Kraft losing any power. The NFL makes the bulk of its money on its broadcasting deals where Kraft sits as chairman.

Bobby Babooshka doesn't have much power at all...just look at all of the "gates" for proof. He doesn't have a backbone in him...which is odd given his religion.

People need to get this though there heads. The pics are gone never coming back. People need to stop thinking they will get them back. Kraft knew this when he accepted the punishment.

The three judges have been named for the Brady appeal. Don't know if the names are good or bad for Tom.

People need to get this though there heads. The pics are gone never coming back. People need to stop thinking they will get them back. Kraft knew this when he accepted the punishment.

I don't think anyone here really thinks the picks are going to be returned, but we can still discuss it.

How do you have any idea how he took it? Were you in the room when all that went down? And why should anyone care how he took it?

Back