Poll: Predict Tom Brady's Future

What lies in Tom Brady's future as a QB?

• He'll be back to play for the Pats next year.

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • He'll play QB for another team as yet undetermined.

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • He's done with this part of his career and will retire.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He'll never voluntarily retire until forced to by injury or other force beyond his control

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other: If you select this option, you have to say WHAT it will be.

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters
Well after all the speculation, looks like the dust is settling and Brady ends up where he started from: Patriots. That being the case, I hope the guy who's coming back will look a lot better than the guy who played in 12's uni last season. Everyone's entitled to an off season. Hopefully, 2019 was Brady's and he'll be back with something to prove, namely, that his playing days aren't over.

I guess the Brady-Go-Round was more entertaining than counting virus patients, though.

:patriotlogo:

You know, imho, even if Brady had, say, the following last season-one more good receiver, a decent pass-catching tight end, and better more consistent o-line- he still would have regressed a bit last year, because of the aging process (some loss of vision, less quickness, some loss of arm strength). So even if other areas of the offense were better, he still may have regressed a bit.

Now, add another year of aging, in the coming season, he may regress some more, physically. (He's still about 1,000% more physically fit than I am lol).

My question is, do we expect Tom Brady to Still be a better quarterback than most of the other NFL quarterbacks, given his age, and is he the best available quarterback to lead the Patriots to a championship?

I don't know, but I hope he's the qb next year, because I like the comfort of having Brady be the qb of my team.

And I want to add, Belichick has his own thoughts about the qb position, no matter what I think. So, we'll see what happens....Belichick always says he doing what's best for the team, or at least he tries to. I'm not sure if Kraft will try to sway Belichick, but I'll guess Belichick would rather have it be his own decision (with input from others). Plus for all I know, Tom Brady may have a decision that's not totally expected by me....

Wow, it's getting out there now that the interest in Brady to the Niners was coming from the Brady side, not the Niner side. The Niners are moving forward with Jimmy G.

This is not going the way Tom wanted I'd wager.

Wow, it's getting out there now that the interest in Brady to the Niners was coming from the Brady side, not the Niner side. The Niners are moving forward with Jimmy G.

This is not going the way Tom wanted I'd wager.
Chris Simms is the one putting that out there. So it's as reputable as a drunken moose in Canada reporting it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

But it does seem the Niners had no intention of going after Tom. Who put out the story of a potential trade, JG for TB? Or was it just media speculation?

But it does seem the Niners had no intention of going after Tom. Who put out the story of a potential trade, JG for TB? Or was it just media speculation?

This could all have just been spitballing. Who knows if any of the 100 teams mentioned at some point as "possible new landing spot" were in fact even under consideration. Good chance a lot of this was just made up in the minds of the sportswriters who needed something to do. I personally doubt that Brady was seriously looking at other teams. If coach/ownership want him gone is an entirely different question.

I think a lot of what happens next depends on Tom's play this year.

This could all have just been spitballing. Who knows if any of the 100 teams mentioned at some point as "possible new landing spot" were in fact even under consideration. Good chance a lot of this was just made up in the minds of the sportswriters who needed something to do. I personally doubt that Brady was seriously looking at other teams. If coach/ownership want him gone is an entirely different question.

I think a lot of what happens next depends on Tom's play this year.

The thing that is making me laugh is the media started just throwing names out there. Not once did those teams and Brady talk, the titans didnt call in 5 QB's and chose tannehill, the niners did not choose JG, this is such a stupid statement by the media. I'm sure the titans are ok keeping tannehill, a ton of money but whatever, but this idea that they chose him over another Qb is stupid.

Curran is really click-baiting these days, trying to claim now that BB doesn't really want TB anymore and has offered him a 1 year deal only for less money than he earned last year.

The thought occurred to me long before Curran said it, that maybe BB really does want to move forward. It's not as if Brady was trying hard last year to incorporate the new weapons not named Antonio Brown into the fold. He wasn't the encouraging leader I've seen over the past 15 years. On many occasions, television caught Brady visibly pissed at a receiver. Those were not good looks; they made Brady look arrogant. Maybe BB is hoping like crazy that Tampa Bay or the Chargers do offer him a ton of money. That thought then becomes 'would Brady retire rather spend his last years on a middling team with something less than a good shot at winning the conference not to mention a chance at a SB'. Alternatively, maybe BB recognizes that without all the injuries last year, Brady would have been happier & good enough to win it all again. Maybe this year...IDK. The thought has occurred to me.

The thought occurred to me long before Curran said it, that maybe BB really does want to move forward. It's not as if Brady was trying hard last year to incorporate the new weapons not named Antonio Brown into the fold. He wasn't the encouraging leader I've seen over the past 15 years. On many occasions, television caught Brady visibly pissed at a receiver. Those were not good looks; they made Brady look arrogant. Maybe BB is hoping like crazy that Tampa Bay or the Chargers do offer him a ton of money. That thought then becomes 'would Brady retire rather spend his last years on a middling team with something less than a good shot at winning the conference not to mention a chance at a SB'. Alternatively, maybe BB recognizes that without all the injuries last year, Brady would have been happier & good enough to win it all again. Maybe this year...IDK. The thought has occurred to me.

Maybe, although if BB was not pissed at the receiving corp last year then maybe he needs better priorities. If Belichick thought that this was a good product he put out there at TE and receiver, then maybe he is heading for that cliff too. Now, with that said, I dont think that is true, and I dont think Belichick is loading up bad stuff to make Brady want to leave, because that would be shitty coaching which I know he is not. I think last year was a combination of timing and injuries and yes there was frustration, and sorry but the fact Brady still cares about winning that much is not a bad thing to me.

As I have said before, Brady does not make a habit of throwing to receivers that cannot get open, but you said he was not trying to get them involved. I disagree as we had an undrafted free agent rookie that was quite involved. Harry missed half the season, and I still saw Brady trying to get him involved as well.

I remember years ago Tom getting very pi**ed on the sideline early season with Dobson and Thompkins. Michael Irvin called him out for it and Tom actually apologised. So he has done this before, it's just his competitiveness coming out.

BB did not have a good season at GM last season. He really gave Tom very little to work with even though, obviously, the AB situation was something few could foresee allied to the collapse of the promise that Gordon showed. A screw up was made at TE, he delayed too long and let Cook go to the Saints.

Reading that back, maybe it's very harsh to go after BB too much. I mean AB was just bonkers, Gordon just relased, Jules had insane injuries and kept playing to his credit, Sanu it turns out was also injured. Andrews freak illness, Harry's injury and the Cook situation was down to Gronk delaying his retirement announcement I believe.

That's a hell of a lot of bad luck. But some mistakes were made by BB. But Tom wasn't exactly stellar either, you could make an argument that a decline has definitely started.

I remember years ago Tom getting very pi**ed on the sideline early season with Dobson and Thompkins. Michael Irvin called him out for it and Tom actually apologised. So he has done this before, it's just his competitiveness coming out.

BB did not have a good season at GM last season. He really gave Tom very little to work with even though, obviously, the AB situation was something few could foresee allied to the collapse of the promise that Gordon showed. A screw up was made at TE, he delayed too long and let Cook go to the Saints.

Reading that back, maybe it's very harsh to go after BB too much. I mean AB was just bonkers, Gordon just relased, Jules had insane injuries and kept playing to his credit, Sanu it turns out was also injured. Andrews freak illness, Harry's injury and the Cook situation was down to Gronk delaying his retirement announcement I believe.

That's a hell of a lot of bad luck. But some mistakes were made by BB. But Tom wasn't exactly stellar either, you could make an argument that a decline has definitely started.

Good post and quite accurate with the caveat that with all that was listed on the offense Brady still threw for over 4000 yards, 24 TDs and only 8 interceptions.

I submit that was a pretty good season all things considered.

Good post, but with that said. Gordon and AB were risks, big risks, so sometimes when you play that game it backfires. Yes there was bad luck and injuries, but nothing the team has not dealt with before. As far as Brady he is 43, I dont know if there is a decline or not, who knows, its hard to tell based on what was on the field. I think most QB's would have had a down year, but if he is the issue, then let him go, if Stidham is the next superbowl QB, then start him. The worst part about being a fan and especially a pats fan, is the unknown, we are in the dark most of the time, which is fine but frustrating. Media goes ape shit with that and leaves us confused about what in the hell is actually happening. But if Bill thinks we have the best shot at winning a superbowl with Brady gone, then do it.

Good post, but with that said. Gordon and AB were risks, big risks, so sometimes when you play that game it backfires. Yes there was bad luck and injuries, but nothing the team has not dealt with before. As far as Brady he is 43, I dont know if there is a decline or not, who knows, its hard to tell based on what was on the field. I think most QB's would have had a down year, but if he is the issue, then let him go, if Stidham is the next superbowl QB, then start him. The worst part about being a fan and especially a pats fan, is the unknown, we are in the dark most of the time, which is fine but frustrating. Media goes ape shit with that and leaves us confused about what in the hell is actually happening. But if Bill thinks we have the best shot at winning a superbowl with Brady gone, then do it.

:thumb:

The Bucs, Chargers, Bears and Bills still need a QB. The Bucs have said they will give TB whatever he wants but the Bears and Bills have the pieces in place now to contend IF they had a QB to lead them. Interesting times coming up quickly.

The Bucs, Chargers, Bears and Bills still need a QB. The Bucs have said they will give TB whatever he wants but the Bears and Bills have the pieces in place now to contend IF they had a QB to lead them. Interesting times coming up quickly.

Could you imagine 60,000 dildos in Bills colors thrown on the field before kickoff?

“If by Wednesday at 4 o’clock they haven’t talked and agreed to a deal, I would say the odds of Tom coming back [to the Pats] dips to almost zero percent.” Mike Reiss

“If by Wednesday at 4 o’clock they haven’t talked and agreed to a deal, I would say the odds of Tom coming back [to the Pats] dips to almost zero percent.” Mike Reiss

Wow, that soon eh.

I'm ready for the worst, I think there's a strong probability he won't come back and the decision is his at this stage because the Patriots have clearly said they want him back and have made an offer. Tom may think it's derisory but an offer has been made.

I think, personally, it's a mistake for him if he leaves. His playing and winning mentality is aligned to Bills and he knows it. I can't see how jokey, lax locker rooms are going to suit him. He'll be away from Josh, Jules, Slater, DMAC, Hightower, Andrews, Thuney, White and all those guys he's so close to.

And it can't be a money thing. His wife earns more than he does and they are set for life in a way no other family are in the league.

Back