Polling your level of confidence on the Tuesday before the SB

How confidant are you today that the Patriots will win the Superbowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This right here worries me more.

Dude, you're the consummate Eeyore. Stick with what works!!:cuss:

True, but this one is different. I would have been nervous if they were playing SF and had to slow down that fast D on turf. We got this ish.

I try to remind myself that I was pretty much < 10% against the Rams in SB36 and that turned out pretty good.

that's why they play the game.

go Pats!

I try to remind myself that I was pretty much < 10% against the Rams in SB36 and that turned out pretty good.

that's why they play the game.

go Pats!

10%? Hell I had the notion of....well I am just happy to be here...I was just hoping they would not embarrass themselves.

True, but this one is different. I would have been nervous if they were playing SF and had to slow down that fast D on turf. We got this ish.

MD won't stop saying that. :mad:

Last week he showed up to the tailgate saying it and yelling about new hat and tshirt day. I told him to shut up. I got Child Pleased. We got to our seats and he told everyone it was new hat and tshirt day. I told him to shut up. I got child pleased.

One minute left in the game an almost teary eyed MD looked at me and said "we're going to lose this game" I told him because you wouldn't shut your godamn mouth!!! Him, FT and the 2 guys next to MD yelled at me to hit the ground and Tebow. I did. Cundiff. Child please. I got this ish.

My tebowing, streaking powers will not be in Indy. I do not want to hear one more "we got this ish!" :cuss::cuss::cuss:

He played in 12 games this year, had 600 yards rushing 3.9 ypc....So I guess he is on the lines of Maroney?:shrug:

OK I just did a little checking instead of posting and I stand corrected-he hasn't had a good year.

Looking at his career average of 4.6 though-he is a good RB but he does fumble. In fact I saw on NFL.com while checking out the numbers he fumbled on the play the ref ruled dead and not reviewable-what a picture they have of it. The 49'er coach even equates it with the "Tuck Rule"! :huh:

>90% for me. Tom Brady will play his best game as a Patriot and this game will be the one NFL Films does stories about. Nothing is more clear to me than this.

Me and you both, after Brady's performance in the AFCCG, I too expect this to be the greatest game of Brady's career.

Last week he showed up to the tailgate saying it and yelling about new hat and tshirt day. I told him to shut up. I got Child Pleased. We got to our seats and he told everyone it was new hat and tshirt day. I told him to shut up. I got child pleased.

One minute left in the game an almost teary eyed MD looked at me and said "we're going to lose this game" I told him because you wouldn't shut your godamn mouth!!! Him, FT and the 2 guys next to MD yelled at me to hit the ground and Tebow. I did. Cundiff. Child please. I got this ish.

My tebowing, streaking powers will not be in Indy. I do not want to hear one more "we got this ish!" :cuss::cuss::cuss:

If it makes you feel better, Maurice Jones-Drew just picked the Patriots to win. And do you remember MJD ever being wrong, cuz I don't...:coffee:

I am fully confident of a Jet's victory, Rex said so.

To be fair, MD says "We got this ish" about 500 times pre-, during and post-game, every game, all year long, preseason through the playoffs, for several years now.

19-0 boys, too.

Any jinx or reverse jinx that could possibly be associated with it is long since killed by now.

If it makes you feel better, Maurice Jones-Drew just picked the Patriots to win. And do you remember MJD ever being wrong, cuz I don't...:coffee:
Winning!!!
To be fair, MD says "We got this ish" about 500 times pre-, during and post-game, every game, all year long, preseason through the playoffs, for several years now.

19-0 boys, too.

Any jinx or reverse jinx that could possibly be associated with it is long since killed by now.
ORly? You know when the last time was that he was at a game in Indy???:(

That mouth and his juju scare me.

I'd have clocked him if Cundiff hit that.ROFL

EDIT..he also, at halftime of the Indy game, booked his Super Bowl trip. I told him I'd smash his phone at the AFCCG if I saw him booking anything.

You guys should have come to our tailgate last Sunday. Epic. Even the TV news people were there.

I'm never confident. I was raised in the Chicago area and was a Cubs' fan. That has scarred me for life. Having the Cubs so close a few times (and by "close" I mean getting into the World Series - not necessarily winning it) only to see them fold time and time again has made me a very nervous sports fan.

What's worse is that it's just one game in football. In baseball, hockey or basketball, a series is played. A team can overcome one bad day when things were just "off" (providing that "off" day wasn't the clinching game). Obviously, this is not true in football. Which team will have the "off" day?

In 2007, the Pats squeaked by NY in the season to go 16-0. But NY then squeaked by the Pats to get the SB win. This year, NY squeaked by the Pats to get a victory. I'm hoping the Pats can now complete the cycle and get by NY for the SB win. Note that in the season, SF squeaked by NY to get a win, but in the post-season that was reversed. A precedent has been set.

All of that said, the Pats came within 2 minutes of winning the Super Bowl in 2008. They came within a minute of winning the season game this year. Therefore, until I see that final score, I'll remain 50-50.

Nah, we tailgated in the big lot this time, no Foxboro Terminals. I told MD where we were at. Oh well, next time.
Damn :( I'm always in P7 when I'm not with the Planet peeps, love it there. Next time for sure.

:thwak: Where the heck is the "me so scared" option :huh:
That would be my choice

Back