Polling your level of confidence on the Tuesday before the SB

How confidant are you today that the Patriots will win the Superbowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can think of one. :coffee:

I think it's safe to say that losing to teams after beating them the time before happens more often than losing to them before and then beating them when it comes to the Patriots since 2001.

But the last time we lost to a team that we would eventually end up meeting in the Superbowl, we beat that team and won it all.

Anyone care to guess what year that was?

I've spent a fortune on beer to forget it. We went into the fight over confident and got knocked out.

"That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger."--Nietzsche

Which makes NE a tungsten, osmium, titanium alloy :toast:

I think NE has paid their karmic dues in full with their losses to the Giants, Baltimore and the jetsam.

If both NE and the Giants field their best effort, I'm confident NE will win.

I'm 50/50, but I like to keep my expectations fairly low since TGTSNBM, as that defeat totally crushed me. It was worse because I watched it thinking it would be easy Pats win (and had had money on a SB win since the start of the season).

I expect at least one team to reach the 30s in points and at this point I think it could be either of them.

My guess is that the Pats O has a good day. I expect the Pats D to play the run well but to struggle against the NY WRs, with the threat of a big play and/or repeated 3rd down conversions an ongoing concern.

I think it'll be close and likely to come down to the last couple of possessions, which means I will enjoy very little of it! Just hope the Planet has reason to party next week, cos you guys deserve it.

For the record, when was the last time the Pats lost to the same team twice in the same season? For those worried about this game, don't be.

I created a series of daily polls three years ago really just for future reference, so we would know our mood going into the Superbowl. I was thinking about making a poll asking how bored people are with football, but I think maybe we should start tracking our confidence level soon.

Back