Poor Footing

spiderman

Reaction score
I started thinking about this after Brady's (at times) poor performance last Sunday.

How much do you think poor footing has played into Brady's poor performances this year? It seems that his performance increased greatly once the field turf was installed at Gilette and watching him last Sunday he looked to me a lot like he did in that Jets game prior to the field turf.

I've noticed that his pin-point accuracy depends a lot on his ability to set his feet. People keep mentioning how Peyton will be better w/o having to deal with poor weather conditions, but what about Brady? I can easily see him turning in a top notch performance in the RCA Dome.

There was definitely one play I remember where Brady almost did a split on the field.

He definitely seems to like turf better.

The Colts and their fans have been crowing for seasons now, "Yeah, you're just lucky the game was at Foxboro... wait until we get you in the Dome!" Well, considering Brady's record indoors, I'm thinking they may be sorry they wished for it. Not to mention it'll also help Gostkowski. And maybe Chad Jackson can finally strut his stuff on the turf and break a long run on a kickoff or catch a bomb.

Gostkowski didn't seem to have any problems:)

HomelessJoe on 01-18-2007 at 02:37 PM said:
Gostkowski didn't seem to have any problems:)

No, but if he lines up for a game-winning 49-yarder, won't you feel better about him doing it indoors than outdoors in the wind and cold and snow? :)

(I don't worry about Vinatraitor, 'cause it's his destiny to shank the game-winner... I can feel it...)

well AV choked last game and gave us a shot at OT, mabey he can do it again

I find it interesting that Vinatieri missed three field goals this season and two of those misses were in Foxboro.

But anyway, to address the original question, I think that is one of the reasons Brady is SO much better in domes on turf than he is on grass.

spiderman on 01-18-2007 at 02:24 PM said:
I started thinking about this after Brady's (at times) poor performance last Sunday.

How much do you think poor footing has played into Brady's poor performances this year? It seems that his performance increased greatly once the field turf was installed at Gilette and watching him last Sunday he looked to me a lot like he did in that Jets game prior to the field turf.

I've noticed that his pin-point accuracy depends a lot on his ability to set his feet. People keep mentioning how Peyton will be better w/o having to deal with poor weather conditions, but what about Brady? I can easily see him turning in a top notch performance in the RCA Dome.

Good point. If I remember correctly, TB's record indoors is almost identical to his playoff record (10-1 I believe is the mark). I think that the difference in his early game vs. late game play in San Diego can be partially attributed to how slick the field was and being able to make the adjustment. Give him solid footing, decent pass protection, and the suddenly great play of Gaffney and Caldwell, and I'm liking the idea of playing in the dome a whole lot.

On another note, I wonder what Mr. October's stats would look like if he played outside in the slop all the time.

Undertaker #59 on 01-18-2007 at 02:47 PM said:
I find it interesting that Vinatieri missed three field goals this season and two of those misses were in Foxboro.
I think that's because he almost never misses on carpet. The only way that AV misses a FG in that dome, is if it's out of his range (like 60 yards).

Undefeated in domes (10-0)

23-1 on turf (lost to Buffalo after they traded Lawyer Milloy....... his roommate)

Yeah, seems to me Kraft should have went to turf around 2003

babalu87 on 01-18-2007 at 03:00 PM said:
Undefeated in domes (10-0)

23-1 on turf (lost to Buffalo after they traded Lawyer Milloy....... his roommate)

Yeah, seems to me Kraft should have went to turf around 2003

Yeah, I knew it was good, didn't know it was THAT good.

I'm thinking back to how good he looked at Minnesota. If he can duplicate that performance (where he looked virtually unstoppable), this will be a good game.

dchester on 01-18-2007 at 02:57 PM said:
I think that's because he almost never misses on carpet. The only way that AV misses a FG in that dome, is if it's out of his range (like 60 yards).

I like to think AV honked those kicks against the Pats because he's a pussy and can't "bring it" against his old team.

There's nothing I'd like better than to have Vinatraitor be the reason the Colts lose. Even more so than having Manning throw four picks. I'd love to see the Pats win by 2 and have the traiterous weasel miss four FGs.

Back