Poor Trent Green...

pookie

Incompetent
Reaction score
Trent Green knocked out cold against Houston by a knee to the head.

I'm no big Trent Green fan, but man I hope he's ok. No quarterback deserves the Miami Dolphins.

It certainly didn't look good.

His head got knocked sideways so far that his ear pretty much touched his shoulder. Out cold.

We all poke fun at our divisional rivals but I hope he's OK. I wouldn't wish injury on anyone.

He always seems to have the worst luck with injuries i wish him well

It happened when he was trying to throw a block. Gotta say this for him, he's one competitive S.O.B.

Hope he's OK.

Yeah nothing but well wishes for Trent. He gives it all every week...this week he may have given too much.

This is it for Green I hope. It's not worth it at this point. I know he's a warrior but he has to think about his future now. I hope he does the right thing and let the game go.

With his history of concussions, he should think about hanging them up. Too bad. Hate to see anyone go through that. Any update as to his status?

I heard an update. He was checked out and will make the return trip home with his team.

MattsPats on 10-07-2007 at 02:48 PM said:
By any chance is his nickname Trent "The Dent" Green?

I don't see the humor.......:mad:

Now that it's known that Green seems OK, I'll reiterate what I said in the game thread:

Green's hit was a cheapshot. He could've ended that d-lineman's career going low on a blinside hit. Karma's a bitch.

Wandering Athol on 10-07-2007 at 08:05 PM said:
Now that it's known that Green seems OK, I'll reiterate what I said in the game thread:

Green's hit was a cheapshot. He could've ended that d-lineman's career going low on a blinside hit. Karma's a bitch.

I would have to agree. When I saw the clip for the first time, I was questioning the hit because he went low on the Houston player and it could have been a serious injury for him too.

Glad Trent is ok.

Wandering Athol on 10-07-2007 at 08:05 PM said:

My guess is he doesn't have much training in blocking techniques. I seriously doubt he was trying to injure him. More like he didn't know what the hell was doing and got knocked the hell out because of it.

Cut block is the right move for a QB. Sorry folks but that's the truth.

CleatMarks on 10-07-2007 at 10:29 PM said:

Didn't work out too well for Green did it? The right move would've been to go high and push the defensive player just enough to take him out of the play.

CleatMarks on 10-07-2007 at 10:29 PM said:
Yeh, but that qualified as more of a crack-back block or a clip, which is why it was outlawed a few years back. I'll go along with Jaychamp's point about his blocking instincts being for crap.

The positive, he's alive and the defender didn't get his knee blown out. Poor job by Houston getting to their man and settling him down before the press got to him, he shot his mouth off in a pretty thoughtless manner.

Trent needs to hang it up at this point, he's had a lot of bad breaks over the years and he's used up his quota of good luck emulating Steve Young - I hope you've made some good investments and can live high off the hog with your family Trent.

Well, all I've got to say is that cut blocking on the backside is part of zone blocking technique so those who don't think it's done, need to take a look at the backside of the plays we now run because we're doing it too.

Back