PP Technical Question

Michigan Dave

NATIONAL CHAMPION.
Reaction score
Whenever I view PP from Safari on the iPad, it is automatically converted to PP Mobile. This is decidedly un-tremendous, as I do not need PP Mobile on that device. Is there any way to remedy this? Sometimes I struggle with these here interwebs.

Whenever I view PP from Safari on the iPad, it is automatically converted to PP Mobile. This is decidedly un-tremendous, as I do not need PP Mobile on that device. Is there any way to remedy this? Sometimes I struggle with these here interwebs.

Safari is one of those damn durn Mac programs.:insane:

:jester: I don't know man, Ipad's are big Iphones to me. I tend to try and keep myself away from them. I will see what I can find out from the crazy folks who run that stuff here.

Ok, from what they said. The Ipad does not support PP directly so safari converts it into its mobile standard. He said you need a program called Iworks which can get you the desired affect, Runs about $9.99

Ok, from what they said. The Ipad does not support PP directly so safari converts it into its mobile standard. He said you need a program called Iworks which can get you the desired affect, Runs about $9.99

Bam. Thanks, midgar. You the man.

Why wouldn't the iPad support PP? PP is simply vBulletin. It works fine on my iPod Touch. The iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad all operate under the same basic OS, AFAIK.

People on ChiefsPlanet have the same problem. Some of them see the Mobile version, some don't. There has to be some sort of setting somewhere for that on the individual phones/computers, no?

On my Droid, the default browser had no ability to "imitate" a full browser session, so PP and other websites would default to their "mobile" format.
On my case, I downloaded another browser (Steel) that can be set to act like your are on a full featured browser and now I see it as if I'm on a PC.

I have absolutely no idea what any of this means. :huh:

On my iPhone with Safari, I often get the mobile version of sites (but not PP) and almost every page has a link (usually near the bottom, but not always) labeled "View full version of this site" that allows you to view the normal rather than mobile pages. Not sure if this forum software (vBulletin) supports that, but it shouldn't be hard to find out.

My Nook Color which is running a version of Droid defaults to the mobile version of this site. This is one of the few sites where this happens.

I just downloaded the Terra browser in the app store for the iPAD (it's Free) and it works great with PP. You need to solve this on the client side for now but at least you can work around it and still enjoy PP.

I just downloaded the Terra browser in the app store for the iPAD (it's Free) and it works great with PP. You need to solve this on the client side for now but at least you can work around it and still enjoy PP.
We don't want MD to enjoy the site, he is a Michigan fan!:insane::toast:

Back