QBR Rating

Most people that were watching the game last night were talking about how surgical Manning looked last night.

I know this is just anecdotally, but I've never seen my Facebook blow up with so many people talking about Peyton Manning (and I sort of wished it could've happened when he was, you know, with the Colts).

I'm sure you weren't impressed, but then, you hate Peyton Manning and you've never once paid him a compliment.

And if there were some nefarious conspiracy theory on his part, I doubt they would've given him such a putrid rating for his efforts against San Diego, where he was 25/42 for 240 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT for a 92.4 traditional QB Rating, but they spotted him a 31.7 QBR. So no, doubt that ESPN (who doesn't decide the MVP anyway), is doing that.

They bogged down, in the redzone several times, in fact Peyton made mention that they have to improve that, he threw one of the worst passes I have seen this year for an int that allowed the raiders to get back into the game 13-7. And oh yeah...it was against the Freaking Raiders! The only thing that kept the raiders in the game was the bronco's inability to get td's instead of fg's....the one td they got on a run that blew the game open was a fumble that was taken to the 1 yard line. 93? Sorry that makes no sense.

They bogged down, in the redzone several times, in fact Peyton made mention that they have to improve that, he threw one of the worst passes I have seen this year for an int that allowed the raiders to get back into the game 13-7. And oh yeah...it was against the Freaking Raiders! The only thing that kept the raiders in the game was the bronco's inability to get td's instead of fg's....the one td they got on a run that blew the game open was a fumble that was taken to the 1 yard line. 93? Sorry that makes no sense.

He had a 95.8 traditional QB Rating. 310 passing yards. 72% completion percentage. Those are all raw stats are supposedly soooo much better. They all say that he had a pretty damn good game.

You thought it was terrible because you hate Peyton Manning. I'd love to see a game in which Brady threw 310 yards, had a 95+ QB rating, and a 72% completion percentage and see you bashing him.

He had a 95.8 traditional QB Rating. 310 passing yards. 72% completion percentage. Those are all raw stats are supposedly soooo much better. They all say that he had a pretty damn good game.

You thought it was terrible because you hate Peyton Manning. I'd love to see a game in which Brady threw 310 yards, had a 95+ QB rating, and a 72% completion percentage and see you bashing him.

I wouldnt be, but if he had 1 td and 1 int and failed to get the ball in the endzone 3 times inside the redzone, and threw a pick to allow a bad team to get back in the game, this board would.

I wouldnt be, but if he had 1 td and 1 int and failed to get the ball in the endzone 3 times inside the redzone, and threw a pick to allow a bad team to get back in the game, this board would.

They may or may not put the blame on the running game and the failures of their running backs to rumble it into the end zone.

I know that you expect Manning to be stiff-arming defenders when his offensive line sucks, but do you also expect him to be the lead blocker for his running backs, too?

They may or may not put the blame on the running game and the failures of their running backs to rumble it into the end zone.

I know that you expect Manning to be stiff-arming defenders when his offensive line sucks, but do you also expect him to be the lead blocker for his running backs, too?

Uh no...manning passes more inside the 5 yard line than runs the ball, on all 3 he had at least 2 passes in those attempts...and no, no blame would be placed on the oline...If Brady had 1 td and 1 int, regardless of how many yards, it would be called a bad game on here..maybe the standards are higher.

Uh no...manning passes more inside the 5 yard line than runs the ball, on all 3 he had at least 2 passes in those attempts...and no, no blame would be placed on the oline...If Brady had 1 td and 1 int, regardless of how many yards, it would be called a bad game on here..maybe the standards are higher.

Uhh, how many people are bashing Brady endlessly for this past week?

I think you're dramatizing a bit, here.

Uhh, how many people are bashing Brady endlessly for this past week?

I think you're dramatizing a bit, here.

Its because we won, had we lost......bang. You should have read the game thread. Brady had 396 yards passing against seattle in seattle, which is....on a different planet than oakland. lol Blamed for loss. He did have 2 td's and 2 ints though, neither was ran back for a td and only one allowed Seattle a fg. If the pats played the raiders who are a bottom feeder of a team and brady had that game, it would get ugly around here. If Brady threw that pass that peyton did that got picked....I would looking for reports to see if he was hurt.

Its because we won, had we lost......bang. You should have read the game thread. Brady had 396 yards passing against seattle in seattle, which is....on a different planet than oakland. lol Blamed for loss. He did have 2 td's and 2 ints though, neither was ran back for a td and only one allowed Seattle a fg.

You bashed Manning endlessly for having better stats against Kansas City and Oakland, both in victories.

Let's not act like the Dolphins are a great pass defense, either. They're pretty damn bad, ranked #26 in the NFL.

You bashed Manning endlessly for having better stats against Kansas City and Oakland, both in victories.

Let's not act like the Dolphins are a great pass defense, either. They're pretty damn bad, ranked #26 in the NFL.

bashed? No I said he did not play out of his mind great like people are making it. Not sure why you mention Miami, I did not say Brady played good at all in that game....thats my point...it does not matter what peyton throws up it will called god like..and the fact of the matter is he let the raiders hang in that game as sorry as they were because they failed several times in the redzone to get td's..its ok, you can say it. Which my point was...that game was not a 93 QBR, if it is, the whole system is BS. By the way, is there a stat out there that shows how defenses are on opposing Qb's QBR?

Just for an update, as I'm sure midgar is fretting about this, Manning remains at #1 in Total QBR.

Meanwhile, Alex Smith rates above both Brady and Manning in traditional QB rating.

Go figure.

Manning's QBR was 58 tonight.

Just returning the favor...45.1 for Brady tonight.

He sucked, not as bad as the last AFCC, but still subpar. Pats fans (99% of them) can admit this. It's just infuriating how few Colts fans could ever and still can't do it with Manning. Most of 'em I've seen are 24/7 hypocritical excuse factories like Captain Comeback.

He sucked, not as bad as the last AFCC, but still subpar. Pats fans (99% of them) can admit this. It's just infuriating how few Colts fans could ever and still can't do it with Manning. Most of 'em I've seen are 24/7 hypocritical excuse factories like Captain Comeback.

Captain Comeback is a Steelers fan, I do believe.

I thought so too, PC but he's a Colts fan. I think that other dude at CHFF, KEZ is a Steelers fan

I thought so too, PC but he's a Colts fan. I think that other dude at CHFF, KEZ is a Steelers fan

To be fair, I think that a lot of it comes down to the tone/syntax of the person that Colts fans are talking to.

For example, I have no problem saying about Peyton what many are saying about Tom here right now. I've said it on Colts boards for years.

It's when I'm on here, and people are calling Peyton a fraud, choker, loser, etc., well, I mean, there's a difference between not being able to agree with that and not willing to admit any fault on behalf of Peyton Manning. I don't see anyone grading Brady quite that harshly and condescendingly but when Manning is talked about like that, we're supposed to just sit back and say "Yep, no doubt"?

If you're willing to do that, you're not the type of Colts fan I'm talking about. I just don't like hypocrisy, be it our fans or other team's fans. I actually think TB was more often "clutch" when he was younger and the weight of the team wasn't so much upon him. With greater burden comes more overthinking and/or sometimes making bad plays worse. Kind of what I see in Russell Wilson now. Just cool as a cucumber regardless of situation.

Back