Questions surround AFC South Contenders

magoo

Reaction score
The Indianapolis Colts and Tennesse Titans

In early January of this year the Colts were eliminated 23-17 in the wildcard weekend by the San Diego Chargers. The loss came as a surprise as the Colts had won nine straight contests heading into the playoffs. On the other hand, the Tennessee Titans despite having the best record in the NFL were eliminated a week later. Will these same two teams make the playoffs this year?

http://www.2010-super-bowl.com/afc_south/AFC-South-news7-16-09.html

The Indy Colts called paper lions?

The Titans will they have the best record in the NFL again?

real question for you guys-

what do you expect from the Colts this year? Haven't heard anything about them to this point.
I expect us to be competetive. Which is all I expected from them in the Dungy years.

what do you expect from the Colts this year? Haven't heard anything about them to this point.

I'm not a Colts fan, but until they stop winning 12 games every year, I'm sticking with a prediction of them "struggling" to 12-4.

What jaric said.

I expect there will be a few growing pains associated with the change in staff, but I think we have a good shot at the division title, where I suspect Tennessee will be the main threat. I'm going to call a 10-6 season and a playoff spot. Anything beyond that is gravy for me.

Every year, it seems to me, that there's a little less bite to the colts. (Just a little)

Jaguars W
Dolphins W
Cardinals W
Seahawks W
Titan L
Rams W
49ersW
Texans W
Patriots L
Ravens L
texans W
Titans W
Broncos W
Jaguars L
Jets W
Bills W

Yep, looks like 12 and 4 to me

I guess another question to ask is...

Assuming they make it into the playoffs, how far will they go?

I didn't think there are any afc south contenders.
Contenders for what ?

Tenn-
Lost it's Strength up the middle on Defense,It's defense won't be the same and Kerry Collins is not Steve McNair (Alhough He's closer now)

Colts-
Too many changes overall-
Coaching-Harrison etc..
Manning will try to do it all,...
Think of Favre 23 td's...18 Ints...

Houston-
Team on the rise
Slaton,Schaub,Johnson on Offense
Williams,Eugene Wilson and Conner Barwin on D
Still year or two away

Jags-
MJD on offense.....
Pray for turnovers.

9-7 Might win this mismatched collective of teams that were,and teams that could be.
Either way they're all just collective fodder this year :coffee:

Oh my... I'm sorry massah!!! Yes massah!!!

You only come to this board to: (a) pimp your shitty website; (b) piss people off with trolling comments; or (c) a combination of (a) & (b). So, as I said, piss off.

Back