R.I.P., Philip Seymour Hoffman

Steve-o

TACOS
Reaction score
Excellent actor. No details, yet.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles...0001424052702304626804579358943360702878.html

Award-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead Sunday afternoon in his New York City apartment, a law-enforcement official said.

The New York Police Department is investigating, and the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner to determine exact cause of death. The official said Mr. Hoffman, 46 years old, was found dead at his apartment at 35 Bethune St. in the West Village neighborhood of Manhattan.

Apparent overdose:

http://nypost.com/2014/02/02/philip-seymour-hoffman-found-dead-in-his-apartment/

Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead of an apparent drug overdose inside a Greenwich Village home on Sunday, cops said.

Hoffman’s body was found by a friend at 11:30 a.m. Sunday morning in an apartment at 35 Bethune St., sources said.

Cops are at the scene and are investigating, sources said.

Hoffman has admittedly struggled with drug addiction in the past, and reportedly checked himself into rehab last year for heroin abuse.

I thought he was very talented, and I enjoyed his portrayal of Capote.

Addiction.

One of the best actors of his generation, maybe the best. I was really bummed when I saw this pop up as the top link on Google News.

I first noticed how good he was in Boogie Nights and some of his most impressive performances were when he was playing loser characters who were down on themselves, often with serious addiction problems (Love Liza, Happiness, Owning Mahowny). Maybe there's a reason he was so good at playing that.

I'll miss the decades of work he would have done and R.I.P. to someone who seemed to be a pretty intelligent, interesting guy.

One of the best actors of his generation, maybe the best. I was really bummed when I saw this pop up as the top link on Google News.

I first noticed how good he was in Boogie Nights and some of his most impressive performances were when he was playing loser characters who were down on themselves, often with serious addiction problems (Love Liza, Happiness, Owning Mahowny). Maybe there's a reason he was so good at playing that.

I'll miss the decades of work he would have done and R.I.P. to someone who seemed to be a pretty intelligent, interesting guy.

Off the wagon last year after being clean for 23 Years. Tragic, these human frailties.

Even some of his "lesser" roles...

I loved him in Almost Famous...

Not to mention the range he showed in Moneyball...

And his small part in Scent of a Woman...

He made great movie just a little bit better...

R.I.P. P.S.H.

Even some of his "lesser" roles...

I loved him in Almost Famous...

Not to mention the range he showed in Moneyball...

And his small part in Scent of a Woman...

He made great movie just a little bit better...

R.I.P. P.S.H.
All of this.... excellent actor..... Rest in peace brother....
Posted via Mobile Device

Another on bites the dust.

He was depressed. He was a great actor. Drugs and depression are not a good combo.

RIP

Hopefully, his death helps highlight the problem because Heroin is a scourge. It's OD after OD after OD right now. Fentanyl cut Heroin is killing people by the dozens all over this country.

Heroin is cheap and plentiful making it beyond easy to move from a pain killer addiction to a Heroin addiction. Beyond easy.

Hopefully, his death helps highlight the problem because Heroin is a scourge. It's OD after OD after OD right now. Fentanyl cut Heroin is killing people by the dozens all over this country.

Heroin is cheap and plentiful making it beyond easy to move from a pain killer addiction to a Heroin addiction. Beyond easy.

Stuff is killing too many, sad what people are taking.

I thought he was very talented, and I enjoyed his portrayal of Capote.

Addiction.

Same here, just saw it online before coming to PP. His Capote was very well portrayed and he seemed very talented.

Gina

I could give a rat ass he died. Just another celebrity that's OD. From what I hearing on TV. He went out on a massive drug bringe. I refuse to feel sorry for him.

I could give a rat ass he died. Just another celebrity that's OD. From what I hearing on TV. He went out on a massive drug bringe. I refuse to feel sorry for him.

I hope you or someone you care about never has to deal with addiction. It's not pretty.

Wow King......... We are talking about a human being still.... It's not like he raped children or killed anybody. Granted he was filthy rich,but that doesn't mean he isn't immune to make the same mistakes as the poor....
Posted via Mobile Device

King I know your a good guy still, but you need to rethink what you said....

Back