Rams owner will build NFL Stadium in LA

Roberto71

Reaction score
This looks ominous....

The owner of the St. Louis Rams plans to build an NFL stadium in Inglewood, which could pave the way for the league's return to Los Angeles.

Rams owner Stan Kroenke, who bought 60 acres adjacent to the Forum a year ago, has joined forces with the owners of the 238-acre Hollywood Park site, Stockbridge Capital Group. They plan to add an 80,000-seat NFL stadium and 6,000-seat performance venue to the already-massive development of retail, office, hotel and residential space, Stockbridge and the Kroenke Group told The Times.

What's more, Kroenke, a billionaire who built his fortune in real estate, has the ability to move quickly. The Rams can choose later this month to convert their lease in St. Louis to year-to-year. The Rams declined comment on any plans to move, but it's no secret that the team is unhappy in the Edward Jones Dome, which is outdated by current NFL standards.

Kroenke's Inglewood plans ratchet up pressure on St. Louis to either strike a deal for a new stadium or watch the team return to Southern California, where it played from 1946 to 1994.

Under their current deal, the Rams can end their 30-year lease a decade early because they have not reached an agreement with St. Louis officials on improvements to the stadium. The sides remain about $575 million apart. St. Louis is expected to offer the team a new proposal by month's end.

The San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders are similarly unhappy in old stadiums that don't offer updated amenities. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said the league would not be accepting relocation applications for the 2015 season. So the earliest any team could move would be 2016. Any team that moves could play in a temporary venue, such as the Coliseum or Rose Bowl, until a new stadium is constructed.

The Inglewood site Kroenke bought last year is too small for a stadium and parking, but the deal with Stockbridge, the neighboring developer, provides ample space.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-0105-nfl-la-stadium-20150105-story.html#page=1

I grew up knowing the Rams as the L.A. Rams so it makes perfect sense to me.

Now if only the Cardinals would move back to St. Louis all would be right with the world.

Could also be a move to get the $575M they need from St. Louis since the ball is in their court.

Cheers, BostonTim

I grew up knowing the Rams as the L.A. Rams so it makes perfect sense to me.

Same here, and same with the Baltimore Colts, I can't believe it's been 30+ years since there move

There will be an NFL team in LA, it's just a question of who.

That is a huge media market and it's amazing that the NFL doesn't have a presence there.

The 1st thought that came to mind on this was that it could have been the St. Louis Patriots.

Sweet logo...not. :Eason:

Bledsoe would've looked sexy in these:

M667790.jpg

I thought Raiders would be the Team to move. They don't have a stadium lease right now.

Actually, the Colts have now been in Indy longer then they were in Baltimore!

Could also be a move to get the $575M they need from St. Louis since the ball is in their court.

Cheers, BostonTim

That was my first thought, too.

Didn't Bob Kraft once announce plans to move the team to Hartford?

Announcements are just a form of noise.

When the moving trucks show up, that's when you can be sure a franchise is relocating.

Back