Random Football News

I predict now that there will be audible boos on the TV broadcast and WAY too much media attention and opposing fan derision on them.

And the Bucs will win (not a stretch there).
I think Brady gets a standing ovation at the beginning of the game. I believe Kraft also does a tribute to him the way he did for Wilfork when he returned to Gillette when he was with Houston. I think the fans of NE finally get a chance to pay tribute to Brady which will be well deserved as there was no good-bye when he left per Chevss article from WEEI and that was tough for the fans. Such is life in the NFL but this is a golden chance for the NE to give him the proper send-off and to thank him.

I am also thinking this game may be sooner than later, maybe October time frame so the game has meaning for both teams.

Looks like the Thursday game will be either Bucs/Bills or Bucs/Cowboys. I am hoping for Bills as I think Tampa will be pretty juiced on opening night and the Bills starting the season with a loss is exactly what we need.

Brady will be applauded all game except during actual play. He is an adopted son to this area, no matter what happened. If he throws an int we will still cheer the Pats but I would be saddened if he did not get plenty of love all night.

i wouldn't boo or cheer 🤷‍♀️

I think Brady gets a standing ovation at the beginning of the game. I believe Kraft also does a tribute to him the way he did for Wilfork when he returned to Gillette when he was with Houston. I think the fans of NE finally get a chance to pay tribute to Brady which will be well deserved as there was no good-bye when he left per Chevss article from WEEI and that was tough for the fans. Such is life in the NFL but this is a golden chance for the NE to give him the proper send-off and to thank him.

I am also thinking this game may be sooner than later, maybe October time frame so the game has meaning for both teams.

Brady will be applauded all game except during actual play. He is an adopted son to this area, no matter what happened. If he throws an int we will still cheer the Pats but I would be saddened if he did not get plenty of love all night.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't think he should be booed, but there are drunk dopes at every game.

i wouldn't boo or cheer 🤷‍♀️

I wouldn't either. He's still the GOAT, and left plenty of awesome memories. But while he's still playing, he left a very sour taste with his departure and other things that have surfaced. I'm sure once he retires (whenever that will happen this next decade) I'll go back to being a huge Brady fan. Not now, though.

It's terrible the way he's gone 'Full Florida' though isn't it.

Gaudy - check
Noveau-riche / lack of class - check
'My boat is bigger than yours' - check
Slagging off the North East - check
Loud, obnoxious wife - check

He really fits right in with that dreadful state. :coffee:

NFL Butterfly Effect — After an excellent rookie year in 1998, Patriots RB Robert Edwards destroys his knee & COMPLETELY alters football history.​

renderTimingPixel.png

Rookie Robert Edwards piled up 1,400 total yards and 12 TDs in 1998, helping the Patriots and their young head coach Pete Carroll earn a Wild Card berth. The future looked bright, but during Pro Bowl weekend in Hawaii, Edwards participated in the first (and only) Rookie Beach Ball game. During the contest, he badly injured his knee (his leg was nearly amputated), essentially ending his career.
This was a very sad ending* to a promising career, but what happened next will blow your mind:

—Next season in 1999, without their young stud RB, the Pats finish 8-8, barely missing out on the playoffs.

—New England fires Pete Carroll.
—Carroll is replaced by Bill Belichick.
—Patriots draft Tom Brady.
—Carroll goes to USC to be the Trojans head coach.
—The Patriots win multiple Super Bowls.
—USC wins multiple national championships.
—Carroll goes to the Seahawks.
—Seahawks win a Super Bowl.

In 1999, the Pats finished 23rd in rushing. With a healthy Edwards, there is a good chance the Patriots win at least an extra 1-2 games, securing a playoff spot and saving Carroll’s job. If that happens, who knows where Belichick ends up? Who knows where Brady ends up? Who knows who’s coaching USC in the 2000s? And who the hell knows how things play out over the last two decades?

Bottom line: If Edwards doesn’t get hurt in that dumb ass beach ball game, the last 20 years of football history would have been a lot different.
*Edwards actually mounted a heroic, but short-lived comeback in 2002, appearing in 12 games for the Dolphins and rushing for 107 yards.

Packers fans will turn on Rodgers big time in the long run if he walks away and brings players with him.

He's a spoiled child.

Thus far they have turned on the GB front office for bungling relations with ARod. I think it stays that way even if Rodgers walks. They are at fault for this mess, not Rodgers.

Thus far they have turned on the GB front office for bungling relations with ARod. I think it stays that way even if Rodgers walks. They are at fault for this mess, not Rodgers.
Have you read the GB forums? That is not the sentiment at all. I would say half blame Rodgers, 25% blame the front office and the other 25% think it is a combo. The fans have turned on Rodgers because of how he has acted since the NFCCG loss.

Week one schedule is out.

Season opens with Cowboys at Bucs. Things really are laying up nice for the Bucs. This is about the best match up they could have hoped for to start their title defense.

The Steelers are at the Bills which should be great. Browns play Chiefs. Another good one. We host Miami.

Back