Random Football News

The parts of the contract I have seen give GB control not Rodgers. I do think GB will work with him but in the end they are trading him to the team that gives them the most draft capital.

That language hasn't been made public yet according to a google search just now. All I could find is that discussions about that are continuing even though his new contract is now signed. There must be language in there somewhere that addresses a mutual consent clause. I did see that he will have permission to seek a new contract from another team.

I can't see how there wouldn't be a mutual consent clause and that it would rely on good faith negotiating. Otherwise, Aaron could just pick Denver and then they could offer a conditional 2028 7th rounder, or GB could go for the best compensation they could get, and then tell Rodgers pick you team, but here is the minimum acceptable.

I think what has come out yet is from Dunn who perhaps is exaggerating his negotiating prowess.

That language hasn't been made public yet according to a google search just now. All I could find is that discussions about that are continuing even though his new contract is now signed. There must be language in there somewhere that addresses a mutual consent clause. I did see that he will have permission to seek a new contract from another team.
Chin up. Maybe you're not Mazz, but someday you may have some sources of your own.

I'm always suspicious of players who insist on not having offset language, basically saying if I suck and get cut I not only want all my original money PLUS whatever money my new team will pay me, thereby making more than a player who doesn't get gut but plays out his contract. Offset makes sense and doesn't matter to a player who doesn't plan on sucking.
I wasn’t all that fired up about the Jets picking Wilson. I truly hope I’m wrong but when they picked him I told my buddies that he seems to have bust written all over him.

I wasn’t all that fired up about the Jets picking Wilson. I truly hope I’m wrong but when they picked him I told my buddies that he seems to have bust written all over him.

I hope not. I like the competition. Those Brady-Manning games really got the juices flowing.

Really? I think he is going to be spectacular.
The bigger issue was the HC and you seem to have gotten a guy that the players like and respect. That is the biggest change and why I think you have a decent season.

Ian Rapoport

The Browns and RB Nick Chubb have an agreement in principle on a 3-year contract extension worth $36.6M, per sources. $20M fully guaranteed. A huge deal for the bell cow in Cleveland. 💰 💰 💰

This sets Chubb up for another deal in his prime.

Ian Rapoport

The Browns and RB Nick Chubb have an agreement in principle on a 3-year contract extension worth $36.6M, per sources. $20M fully guaranteed. A huge deal for the bell cow in Cleveland. 💰 💰 💰

This sets Chubb up for another deal in his prime.
Good for him to get paid now because rb's just don't have a long shelf life.

I don't follow the Jets, but did hear that they have made substantial upgrades to their Oline and therefore opposing teams should be concerned. As for Wilson, why would you think "bust"?

Really? I think he is going to be spectacular.
The bigger issue was the HC and you seem to have gotten a guy that the players like and respect. That is the biggest change and why I think you have a decent season.
I love the hire of Robert Saleh, I think they finally got it right. Believe me, I hope I am way off base about Wilson lol.

I don't follow the Jets, but did hear that they have made substantial upgrades to their Oline and therefore opposing teams should be concerned. As for Wilson, why would you think "bust"?
I think my feelings about Wilson comes from years and years and years of watching the team pick the wrong guy lol.

I think my feelings about Wilson comes from years and years and years of watching the team pick the wrong guy lol.

That's a totally understandable philosophy for a Jets fan. When I was watching Wilson (before you picked him) the thing that stood out to me was
that he didn't have a big body of work and didn't play much top competition. Now, he's getting the job handed to him and expectations are huge when,
realistically, he should have gotten a season or two to mature. I don't love the scenario for Jets fans.

Mechanically, he's just about perfect, but when I listened to him talk all I could think of was that he reminded me of Bo Callahan from Draft Day. He's a bit of a
Golden Boy and NY isn't generally kind to them unless he wins right away. That's a big ask.

His Mother, however, is a ton of fun. The NY media should camp out in her yard and see if they can get her riled up. She's a quote machine. A force of nature.

That's a totally understandable philosophy for a Jets fan. When I was watching Wilson (before you picked him) the thing that stood out to me was
that he didn't have a big body of work and didn't play much top competition. Now, he's getting the job handed to him and expectations are huge when,
realistically, he should have gotten a season or two to mature. I don't love the scenario for Jets fans.

Mechanically, he's just about perfect, but when I listened to him talk all I could think of was that he reminded me of Bo Callahan from Draft Day. He's a bit of a
Golden Boy and NY isn't generally kind to them unless he wins right away. That's a big ask.

His Mother, however, is a ton of fun. The NY media should camp out in her yard and see if they can get her riled up. She's a quote machine. A force of nature.
so how do you know his Mother??😄

You're not kidding. His mom is a piece of work. I think Zach even offered to pay her just to stfu.

so how do you know his Mother??😄

Early on in the draft process, she was posting a lot of videos on social media and I ran across one and thought "hmmmmmm". In that one, she was ranting that
she'd been to Disney World and she witnessed a woman who was almost in heat stroke get yelled at by a Disney Covid cop for taking her mask off to hydrate at a water
fountain. She used the phrase "Maskholes", which was pretty funny. She is an attractive enough blonde woman who isn't shy and got herself in some hot water. It was after that
I learned she was Zack Wilson's Mom.

My brother wrote a column about her on Barstool and how she was a gift from the Football Gods, or something, and around that time she went private on Twitter
due to harassment from Covid loonies and other stuff.

He "friended" her there (or whatever happens on Twitter) and has been following her stuff in private, but it's just a matter of time before that particular cat gets out of the bag
again. I don't know if Zac really paid her to stop posting or not, but that's a rumor out there.

Film at 11. This could get fun if she flips out again, but I'm sure the NY media wouldn't do anything to provoke her.

:fire:

Back