Random thoughts from Super Bowl 49

(P - shoulder)

More Probable Than Not
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisweeks3d.com
Looks weird spelled out in numbers, right?

Anyway, as things start to settle in my head, thought I'd put down some random musings that occur to me

- Why, in the Super Bowl, are excessive celebration penalties a thing?
- Butler, fantastic play, but just go down in the EZ next time please, that would have made things a lot easier.
- On every TD this season, including tonight, DA tries to spin the ball in the EZ.... and fails every time. It's hilarious. Learn to spin the ball or get a new celebration. I hear spiking it is in these days.
- The play call at the end wasn't nearly as indefensible as everyone is making it out to be.
- Is this just where we are now in Brady's career that he throws 1 really bad INT every game? (the 2nd one was great recognition and athleticism from the defender, but the 1st was inexcusable.)

- The play call at the end wasn't nearly as indefensible as everyone is making it out to be.

This. Give Butler some credit - read the play perfectly and executed perfectly. Everyone's expecting a run there; not a bad idea for a quick slant on 2nd down.

If you want to see awful playcalling on the goalline in the waning seconds of a Super Bowl, please refer back to the 49ers playcalling against the Ravens a couple years ago.

This. Give Butler some credit - read the play perfectly and executed perfectly. Everyone's expecting a run there; not a bad idea for a quick slant on 2nd down.

If you want to see awful playcalling on the goalline in the waning seconds of a Super Bowl, please refer back to the 49ers playcalling against the Ravens a couple years ago.

No kidding. 49ers fans should still be having nightmares about that.

When the Pats were up 14-7,did anybody go nuts when they didn't challenge the first down that was obviously short by a yard?

Anyway, as things start to settle in my head, thought I'd put down some random musings that occur to me

- Butler, fantastic play, but just go down in the EZ next time please, that would have made things a lot easier.
- On every TD this season, including tonight, DA tries to spin the ball in the EZ.... and fails every time. It's hilarious. Learn to spin the ball or get a new celebration. I hear spiking it is in these days.
- Is this just where we are now in Brady's career that he throws 1 really bad INT every game? (the 2nd one was great recognition and athleticism from the defender, but the 1st was inexcusable.)

It's funny about the playcall. The Pats would presumably have been in their usual goal line D and expecting a Lynch run. In that context, a quick throw wasn't the worst idea ever, I agree.

If anyone should be looking at themselves, it's Earl Thomas and that hit out of bounds. Those 15 yards had a real knock on effect.
Posted via Mobile Device

No arguments anymore about Tom.

11:56 left and Tom begins his drive for immortaility. First play a sack for an 8 yard loss..

Next play hits Jules with a laser and we drove for the TD. 3 and out ball back and Tom sets off again. All the way to the endzone with guided missiles!!

That's clutch play at its very finest. You won't see better.

No arguments anymore about Tom.

11:56 left and Tom.begins his drive for immortaility. First play a sack for an 8 yard sack...

Next play hits Jules with a laser and we drove for the TD. 3 and out ball back and Tom sets off again. All the way to the endzone with guided missiles!!

That's clutch play at its very finest. You won't see better.

Unbelievable. Up there with previous drives and as good as anything Montana did. Staggering.
Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't even know for sure we intercepted the ball on that last drive. I stared at the TV in shock for about 10 seconds as the entire bar around me was celebrating. I literally could not believe my own eyes. I was thinking..."are we sure? He didn't drop it did he?"

I saw it and went nuts but after all the celebration I saw a flag on the ticker. I was getting ready for the worst as the Pats didn't just go against the Seahawks but against the bad judgment of the refs as well. So ****ing sweet to be able to have one go our way after two heart breakers. Whew. I'm still high.

Sent via telekinesis using Tapatalk

When the Pats were up 14-7,did anybody go nuts when they didn't challenge the first down that was obviously short by a yard?

I wasn't happy about it. It was obviously short.

Before the Interception that will live in infamy, I was in pain. It was the Giants all over again. It was people telling me the Pats got what they deserved. I was braced for a dark, depressing 6 months. I was thinking, just let Lynch score because I knew they'd run the ball in and might as well have a few seconds left to try to get a game tying FG. NEVER, ever in my wildest dreams did I think we'd get a turnover there. Karma finally decided to give us a break. WOW! Those are my random thoughts.

- Butler, fantastic play, but just go down in the EZ next time please, that would have made things a lot easier.- On every TD this season, including tonight, DA tries to spin the ball in the EZ.... and fails every time. It's hilarious. Learn to spin the ball or get a new celebration. I hear spiking it is in these days.

I thought the same thing until I watched the replay. He was in the field of play when he caught it.

Ball spots are fairly hard to get turned over. But the spotting was terrible.

My random thoughts:
Stork first game back was a liability at times.

Harmon not murdering Kearse on that "you have to be ****ing kidding me" catch, blew my mind. Jumps over him, just wtf. :spock:

Talking heads will overlook Brady's incredible 4th quarter because of the last play. Which is a total shame. Also it was the right call, 1 timeout left, 26 seconds, Pats playing the run. Your last run took 40 seconds play to play. Butler just made an incredible play.

Game felt like the Green Bay game where we struggled with the big plays. This D as it stands can wreck any non mobile QB.

Why the Seahawks didn't run it 50 times is beyond me.

My hate for Collinsworth knows no bounds, not simply cuz he hates the Pats but because on a somewhat objective level he is a bad color commentator. He will routinely say how good a player is doing "X" immediately after player doesn't do "X" at all. Linemen gets turnstiled: Cris: "Solder has been a great blocker all year!"WTF?

Volume off is the only way to watch. Nothing worth hearing is ever said during games.

From Mike and Mike early am.

Malcolm Butler was on talking about his interception. Butler said the Pats had practiced that very play in goal line situations during the week. The first time or 2 he didn't jump the route and BB coached him up how to do it. He said as soon as he saw the 'Hawks 3 receivers go into the game he knew he was up and would be targeted since he was the rookie. He also said Browner's responsibility was to blow up the pick on the play which allowed Butler to jump ahead for the int. Well done, Mr. Butler.

Incredible play, incredible preparation and attention to detail.

Back