Also, it appears that imapig is now following me from thread to thread.

Approaching creepy. And HEY! Get away from my window!

Maybe you like hostility and dissention. :huh:
No, quite the opposite. I guess it's just because I'm really not panicked, so people screaming that the sky are falling is mildly bemusing rather than scary. In much the same way that you can watch co-workers who have gone a bit over the top on a Friday night out and know that you can show them the video you took on your phone on Monday morning, I guess.

Puppies get burnt sometimes. This team will be in the playoffs. It will be okay.

Just don't get baited, Lisa.

I forgot to put the laundry int eh dryer at half time.....now I am going to be up past midnight.

So my friend is gonna celebrate a birthday in two weeks. I'm gonna do something special for him since he's alone here in Tennessee. He moved here with his wife a few years ago. She turned out to be a doucher so they are divorced now. I've been his shoulder to cry on for the past 6 months or so. We work together, and he's a nice dude, a great friend to me for over a year now. Tells me everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, gets mad at me sometimes cuz he's sensitive, and I like to joke. It's okay tho, we still lub each other.

I reserved the party room at Legends Steakhouse for his birthday. It comes with a pool table, tv, jukebox, and karaoke. I picked Legends cuz it's close to work. Our coworkers know about the surprise birthday party and they're gonna be there to surprise him. He actually thinks it is just gonna be the two of us going to celebrate his birthday at Legends n sit at the bar n watch football (it is on a sunday night). Errbody gonna show up for his birthday. I'm such a thoughtful caring friend.

So my friend is gonna celebrate a birthday in two weeks. I'm gonna do something special for him since he's alone here in Tennessee. He moved here with his wife a few years ago. She turned out to be a doucher so they are divorced now. I've been his shoulder to cry on for the past 6 months or so. We work together, and he's a nice dude, a great friend to me for over a year now. Tells me everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, gets mad at me sometimes cuz he's sensitive, and I like to joke. It's okay tho, we still lub each other.

<strike>I reserved the party room at Legends Steakhouse for his birthday. It comes with a pool table, tv, jukebox, and karaoke. I picked Legends cuz it's close to work. Our coworkers know about the surprise birthday party and they're gonna be there to surprise him. He actually thinks it is just gonna be the two of us going to celebrate his birthday at Legends n sit at the bar n watch football (it is on a sunday night). Errbody gonna show up for his birthday.</strike> I'm gonna sneak into his place and wait for him in his bed, buck naked. I'm such a thoughtful caring friend.

FYP. /ManClubMode ;)

So the in-laws just had their 60th anniversary, and the father-in-law decided a good gift that day would be a trip to the hospital with a blood clot in his leg. So I called the mother-in-law today to ask how he's doing, and this was the conversation.

Her: "Well, I went into his room, and I got worried because there were two women sitting in there. I didn't want to ask why, but apparently he has 24-hour aides."

Me: "Really?!?"

Her: "Yeah, he's got a yellow wristband on that says, 'Danger Of Falling'."

Me: "Okay... you need to be REAL SPECIFIC when we're talking. I'm thinking diseases, and I heard, 'He has 24-hour AIDS'. I was about to say, 'That poor bastard can't catch a break! 24-hour AIDS?!? Now he's got stuff I've never even heard of!'."

:shake: yet ROFL

24 hour AIDS. I shouldn't laugh but that is excellent.

ROFL

:shrug: He's in for a blood clot, they're giving him Coumadin, I thought, I dunno, maybe he picked up some medicine-triggered immune-disease thing? Made sense at the time, LOL.

:shrug: He's in for a blood clot, they're giving him Coumadin, I thought, I dunno, maybe he picked up some medicine-triggered immune-disease thing? Made sense at the time, LOL.

Hey man, that drug Coumadin can be tricky. If he does fall, he could have internal bleeding. I guess that's why they have him fully attended to.

Medical stuff gives me the willies. I tend to ignore it so I get like you a lot. I hear something wrong and end up with a case of the LOLz. :D

It really really bothers me how much bad Pats' losses really really bother me.

It really really bothers me how much bad Pats' losses really really bother me.

I used to feel that way. I recall thinking that a grown man shouldn't let a football game effect him as much as I did.

I was thinking this morning that I must have reached a milestone because this loss is not eating away at me. I used to be pissed for at least a couple days.

Maybe mediocrity is starting to settle in with me.

I used to feel that way. I recall thinking that a grown man shouldn't let a football game effect him as much as I did.

I was thinking this morning that I must have reached a milestone because this loss is not eating away at me. I used to be pissed for at least a couple days.

Last August I said the Saints would win the Super Bowl. In December they lost every game. I didn't panic or get pissed. They sitll won the Super Bowl.

Don't call yourself mediocre. And don't get upset over a loss.

I enjoy watching sports, but I don't overidentify with them and am not fanatical about them. I figure, in ten years I've seen three Super Bowl wins, two World Series wins, and an NBA championship. (I wouldn't mind a Stanley Cup but, hey, can't have everything.) Not to mention, Boston teams are, at least, competitive (aside from those Bruins, but even they're finally starting to be). So not only have we seen duck-boat parades but we also know that, every year, the Patriots, Red Sox, and Celtics will challenge for a playoff spot. Could be a lot worse.

Back