I'm glad to hear that his baby and wife are doing well also.

With all the d-bags in pro sports, it's nice to see a story like this..

I don't mind having guests...but having them all the time gets old. I feel like it's not my house any more because they're at the house all day and when I come home they're already watching something on the tv so I don't feel right coming in and changing it to something that I want to watch.

The fact that my m-i-l watches the same few shows over and over and over doesn't help either.

She is still there??

Believe me I hear you!! my current house guest who is a friend is here over 6 months now and she needs to find a place of her own SOON.:) I love her but jeezus H.

The worst thing I did was buy a house with an In-law apartment...

She is still there??

Believe me I hear you!! my current house guest who is a friend is here over 6 months now and she needs to find a place of her own SOON.:) I love her but jeezus H.

She's not here at the moment but my wife was going to PA to visit her family so her mom decided to take a train up here and stay a few days and then drive down with my wife. Now when my wife comes back, my m-i-l is coming back with her and staying for who knows how long. It turns out that she may be moving back to NH after the first of the year and guess where she's going to be living??blowup

I wish we had an in-law apartment. Then she wouldn't be living WITH us directly. I'd still have my space...which I don't really have unless I want to spend my time in the bedroom.

She's not here at the moment but my wife was going to PA to visit her family so her mom decided to take a train up here and stay a few days and then drive down with my wife. Now when my wife comes back, my m-i-l is coming back with her and staying for who knows how long. It turns out that she may be moving back to NH after the first of the year and guess where she's going to be living??blowup

I wish we had an in-law apartment. Then she wouldn't be living WITH us directly. I'd still have my space...which I don't really have unless I want to spend my time in the bedroom.

My mother moved in with us over 4yrs ago, and she basically spends all her time in her bedroom. My 16yr old niece moved in with us about a year ago and she also stays in her room.

I mean, they come out and eat dinner, and come out to do homework, but other than that they basically stay in their rooms. My mom never watches TV with us. We'll have our niece watch movies with us sometimes, but basically we don't see them unless they are passing through.

Still frustrating as there are still people in our house. And yes, I'd love to have at least my mom out. But it could be a lot worse. We could have the hubby's mom with us. She would have to be with us all the time and that would drive me absolutely crazy. :suicide:

Well, it appears this computer is just a huge time and money sink. It shit the bed today. It began by randomly rebooting, then crashing, then freezing up, and finally it just plain won't connect to the monitor for some odd reason.

Taking out the video card seemed to fix the freezing problems momentarily, but then it happened again. After that, I just couldn't get the monitor to come on... I tested it on the netbook and it works just fine. So it can't be the monitor. It seems to me like a hardware problem at this point, which really sucks.

Now I gotta call the place where I bought it from, and last time I called them, they were largely unhelpful. It's going to be fun getting them to either repair it, or send me whatever is wrong with it fast enough. It sucks because it worked great for almost a month, then as of yesterday, it just begins acting up more and more until it seems totally useless.

Well, it appears this computer is just a huge time and money sink. It shit the bed today. It began by randomly rebooting, then crashing, then freezing up, and finally it just plain won't connect to the monitor for some odd reason.

Taking out the video card seemed to fix the freezing problems momentarily, but then it happened again. After that, I just couldn't get the monitor to come on... I tested it on the netbook and it works just fine. So it can't be the monitor. It seems to me like a hardware problem at this point, which really sucks.

Now I gotta call the place where I bought it from, and last time I called them, they were largely unhelpful. It's going to be fun getting them to either repair it, or send me whatever is wrong with it fast enough. It sucks because it worked great for almost a month, then as of yesterday, it just begins acting up more and more until it seems totally useless.

If it's a heat issue, it could be that now the video card is getting too hot also.

Hopefully whatever it is, it's a painless switch and it's back to life in no time.

AHHH it is nice and cool after a crazy storm last night that flooded parts of my house . I am sitting on my patio enjoying the cool breeze looking out at a green green desert. NICE morning!

Back