Ratbirds' Feathers Ruffled

I wonder how close Harbaugh is to being fired. Pollard is right. Once that dream team D was broken up and retired, the team has not been the same. Much of that IMO is on Ozzie for signing Flacco to that ridiculous contract and then letting the team go to junk in just 4 seasons. But Harbaugh was completely undressed on both sides of the ball by Bill. Have to think that got noticed.

I wonder how close Harbaugh is to being fired. Pollard is right. Once that dream team D was broken up and retired, the team has not been the same. Much of that IMO is on Ozzie for signing Flacco to that ridiculous contract and then letting the team go to junk in just 4 seasons. But Harbaugh was completely undressed on both sides of the ball by Bill. Have to think that got noticed.

They always like to consider themselves to be a defense-minded franchise. That stuff has short term success. If you can't move the ball and can't score you can't win.

Russell Street Report will give you the real vibe here, and I can testify to it. The national sports media still loves Ozzy and harbawl, the average fan here is ready for change. And when I say change, that means the entire philosophy of the franchise. They want a team that can compete offensively.

What I liked reading the day after was Suggs referring to how much worse the end was after they had battled back.

I'm not sure standing on the sideline watching our punt returner stupidly kicking the ball and giving it to them on the two yard line is much of a battle, especially when our kick returned fumbled the ensuing kickoff.

All in all, this was a terrific game.

It was quite the comeback that the Ravens mounted. Words can't express how impressed I was with the effort they put in to close the gap the way they did. At least they can take some solace in that.

:coffee:

That does seem to be the narrative for some strange reason. We totally dominated that team the entire game. Those ST gaffes were a complete gift. Still, I did enjoy the 79 yard dagger when they thought they still had a chance to win.

It's kind of like the '15 opener when the Pats "barely beat" the Steelers. As we learned from that game, maintaining a 2 TD lead until there are 2 seconds left on the clock constitutes hanging on. :coffee:

...or, better yet, losing to the '07 team by less than 3 TDs meant that a team had the "blueprint"

They always like to consider themselves to be a defense-minded franchise. That stuff has short term success. If you can't move the ball and can't score you can't win.

Russell Street Report will give you the real vibe here, and I can testify to it. The national sports media still loves Ozzy and harbawl, the average fan here is ready for change. And when I say change, that means the entire philosophy of the franchise. They want a team that can compete offensively.

The Ravens have always been offensively challenged going back to Billick. The problem for them is the defense is not nearly as dominant. I mean that secondary is horrific. The North was a very winnable division with the Steelers being a very average team with a terrible defense and the Bengals falling off a cliff. At some point, the Ravens have to figure out if Ozzie and Harbawl can still get it done.

At some point, the Ravens have to figure out if Ozzie and Harbawl can still get it done.

I propose that we call Harbaugh by a different nickname: Harriet.

Ozzie and Harriet - it just sounds right.

ozzie_harriet_nelson.jpg

The Ravens have always been offensively challenged going back to Billick. The problem for them is the defense is not nearly as dominant. I mean that secondary is horrific. The North was a very winnable division with the Steelers being a very average team with a terrible defense and the Bengals falling off a cliff. At some point, the Ravens have to figure out if Ozzie and Harbawl can still get it done.

yeah...and Billick was teh offensive genie-us OC from Minnesota.

I guess having Randal Cunningham, Cris Carter, Robert Smith and Randy Moss helped just a little with that.

What I liked reading the day after was Suggs referring to how much worse the end was after they had battled back.

I'm not sure standing on the sideline watching our punt returner stupidly kicking the ball and giving it to them on the two yard line is much of a battle, especially when our kick returned fumbled the ensuing kickoff.

All in all, this was a terrific game.

I'm convinced it was the absolute best possible way to beat that team. Run up a huge lead, they come back due to fluky shit, and think they're going to win, only to get lit the **** up again, at the end.

It's kind of like the '15 opener when the Pats "barely beat" the Steelers. As we learned from that game, maintaining a 2 TD lead until there are 2 seconds left on the clock constitutes hanging on. :coffee:

...or, better yet, losing to the '07 team by less than 3 TDs meant that a team had the "blueprint"

It's like Mariucci banging on 'Kansas City kept that a one possession ballgame last year' every Sunday re: The Patriots.

It was 27-13 with a minute to go. That shit was Blowout City.

It's like Mariucci banging on 'Kansas City kept that a one possession ballgame last year' every Sunday re: The Patriots.

It was 27-13 with a minute to go. That shit was Blowout City.

I love it when those jealous asshats squawk.

The outcome of that game was never in question, Pats were in complete control from beginning to end.

yeah...and Billick was teh offensive genie-us OC from Minnesota.

I guess having Randal Cunningham, Cris Carter, Robert Smith and Randy Moss helped just a little with that.
I had forgotten about that. Yeah, he was the offensive guru in Minny. Never could develop a QB in Ballamer though.

Back