Ratbirds' Feathers Ruffled

Excellent find, BG! Love this from the article

“Nobody’s happy about the performance we put out there on Monday night, and I’m not happy about my performance on Monday night,” said Pees, who was the linebackers coach and defensive coordinator for the Patriots from 2004 to 2009. “I’ll tell you this: I’ve never prepared harder for a team than I prepared for those guys. I never wanted to win more than maybe the Super Bowl than I wanted to win that game the other night, and I think our players were that way, too.

wuv

Yet again a team that obsesses about the Patriots. They're no better than Rex Ryan who circles two games a season and puts all his efforts into them. You have 15 regular season games apart from the Patriots game you dickhead Ravens.

"We really wanted that one" - Bleachthrower McGillicuddy

Yeah, well, maybe you should have shown up for the ****ing game, you douchebag.

Used the be a running joke about '7-point blowouts' on the old IndySTAR board. This was one of those. :coffee:

In fact, a picture of this game is in the football phrases dictionary right next to 7 point blowout.

I mean the Ravens in every aspect were the patriots b****, It was a pleasure to watch.

Excellent find, BG! Love this from the article

“Nobody’s happy about the performance we put out there on Monday night, and I’m not happy about my performance on Monday night,” said Pees, who was the linebackers coach and defensive coordinator for the Patriots from 2004 to 2009. “I’ll tell you this: I’ve never prepared harder for a team than I prepared for those guys. I never wanted to win more than maybe the Super Bowl than I wanted to win that game the other night, and I think our players were that way, too.

wuv

My fave bits are Steve Smith's temper tantrum and Harbawl the Snitch's plea to his team to focus on their next opponent. :)

Matt Chatham ‏<s>@</s>chatham58 <small class="time"> </small> Blandino's no-fumble explanation on Flacco sack is ludicrous, not how it's usually officiated. Illustrating as much seems like waste of time
If Blandino's explanation is accurate, <s>#</s>NFL QBs can simply drop ball as they're sacked as long as they're behind spot they were hit. Insane

Aaron Nagler ‏<s>@</s>AaronNagler <small class="time"> </small>
Aaron Nagler Retweeted Matt Chatham
Exactly! More "Making it up as they go" nonsense from 345 Park

(Nagler covers the Packers)

Matt Chatham ‏<s>@</s>chatham58 <small class="time"> </small>
*I say this knowing there's no way on God's green earth they ever did or will officiate it that way again

Michael Hurley ‏<s>@</s>michaelFhurley <small class="time"> </small> Incredible how an NFL referee can invent an interpretation of a rule on MNF with great ratings to negate a turnover, and league says nothing

Matt Chatham ‏<s>@</s>chatham58 <small class="time"> </small> Blandino's no-fumble explanation on Flacco sack is ludicrous, not how it's usually officiated. Illustrating as much seems like waste of time
If Blandino's explanation is accurate, <s>#</s>NFL QBs can simply drop ball as they're sacked as long as they're behind spot they were hit. Insane

Aaron Nagler ‏<s>@</s>AaronNagler <small class="time"> </small>
Aaron Nagler Retweeted Matt Chatham
Exactly! More "Making it up as they go" nonsense from 345 Park

(Nagler covers the Packers)

Matt Chatham ‏<s>@</s>chatham58 <small class="time"> </small>
*I say this knowing there's no way on God's green earth they ever did or will officiate it that way again

Michael Hurley ‏<s>@</s>michaelFhurley <small class="time"> </small> Incredible how an NFL referee can invent an interpretation of a rule on MNF with great ratings to negate a turnover, and league says nothing

Said this in the game thread. Hochuli essentially called 'in the grasp', and then realized there wasn't any such thing anymore. He did blow the whistle, ending the play, and 'forward progress' is as good an excuse as any.

By rule, it wasn't a fumble, because he blew the play dead. :shrug:

Said this in the game thread. Hochuli essentially called 'in the grasp', and then realized there wasn't any such thing anymore. He did blow the whistle, ending the play, and 'forward progress' is as good an excuse as any.

By rule, it wasn't a fumble, because he blew the play dead. :shrug:

Didn't gun show wrongly blow a play dead a year or two ago which cost a team the game? His explanation was something like. "Yeah, I screwed up, but blowing the whistle ended the play." :shrug_n:

My fave bits are Steve Smith's temper tantrum and Harbawl the Snitch's plea to his team to focus on their next opponent. :)

They're going to end up losing this week and pretty much say goodbye to any playoff chances they had...

...or, better yet, maybe they'll sneak in with the 6, beat Shittsburgh in the playoffs again and those stupid "Kings of the AFC North" t-shirts will make a comeback.

As much as I hate living around these assholes, the fact that they shit the bed regularly and almost on cue makes up for it a lot.

True.

Side note: I think I'm over all the Mangini stuff. He's kissed enough ass, I think.

He could spend the rest of his days as stable boy at a mule farm and still never kiss enough ass.

Cheers

Didn't gun show wrongly blow a play dead a year or two ago which cost a team the game? His explanation was something like. "Yeah, I screwed up, but blowing the whistle ended the play." :shrug_n:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xta-iJliupo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I LOVE that the Pats have put the Ravens in the unlikely position of having to win out to make the post-season. The cherry on top is that they HATE losing to us. Oh and Brady's 79 yard dagger.

I LOVE that the Pats have put the Ravens in the unlikely position of having to win out to make the post-season. The cherry on top is that they HATE losing to us. Oh and Brady's 79 yard dagger.
What I liked was that the Ravns kicked a FG to get within 3 points. They were down 6 and needed a TD. Now they were a FG from tying and a TD from taking the lead. That has to be a morale booster. While they were still on the high with momentum in their favor, the very next play the Pats score a TD, trumping their FG, and dashing their momentum and morale.

What I liked was that the Ravns kicked a FG to get within 3 points. They were down 6 and needed a TD. Now they were a FG from tying and a TD from taking the lead. That has to be a morale booster. While they were still on the high with momentum in their favor, the very next play the Pats score a TD, trumping their FG, and dashing their momentum and morale.

Steve Smith called it a terrible sandwich. lol.

Former Ravens safety Bernard Pollard joined the show this morning to talk about the state of the Ravens, the circumstances surrounding his departure from Baltimore and his recent tweets about head coach John Harbaugh which got a lot of traction of social media over the weekend.

Bernard Pollard Jr
✔ ‎@Crushboy31

Don't just blame #33. #32 was suppose to be in the middle 1/3's........ can't jump routes from that deep... oh wait #20 did lol

11:31 PM - 12 Dec 2016

-------------------------------

Bernard Pollard Jr
✔ ‎@Crushboy31

I'm sorry but this team will never be the same. They broke up something special way too early. Now he's got to COACH & that's not possible.

9:18 PM - 12 Dec 2016

He explained his comments more in depth with Vinny and Haynie and talked about his relationship, or lack thereof, with John Harbaugh and the rest of the staff.

Bernard said that the Super Bowl team of 2012 was broken up too early and that Harbaugh was incapable of really coaching a team. Pollard said, “When I said this team will never be the same, obviously… I won a super bowl with the team. I love the Ravens organization. Bisciotti is one of the best owners I’ve ever come across and Ozzy is one of the best GM’s I’ve ever come across. We just had a bond. Yeah, we had some rough times but at the same time we had more good than bad. I truly believe we could have had two or three Super Bowls.”

He also commented on the Ravens culture and the trust built in the Ravens community as well as Dean Pees, who Bernard has very high praise for, and his command of the Ravens defense, Thursday Night Football, Tom Brady and more!
link

Steve Smith called it a terrible sandwich. lol.
What I liked reading the day after was Suggs referring to how much worse the end was after they had battled back.

I'm not sure standing on the sideline watching our punt returner stupidly kicking the ball and giving it to them on the two yard line is much of a battle, especially when our kick returned fumbled the ensuing kickoff.

All in all, this was a terrific game.

What I liked reading the day after was Suggs referring to how much worse the end was after they had battled back.

I'm not sure standing on the sideline watching our punt returner stupidly kicking the ball and giving it to them on the two yard line is much of a battle, especially when our kick returned fumbled the ensuing kickoff.

All in all, this was a terrific game.

That does seem to be the narrative for some strange reason. We totally dominated that team the entire game. Those ST gaffes were a complete gift. Still, I did enjoy the 79 yard dagger when they thought they still had a chance to win.

Back