Referee assignments for AFCCG and NFCCG

We had very much a penalty free zone in the Div round, the refs let them play. Let's hope for more of the same in the CGs.

I love Vinovich. He had me when he rolled his eyes when Jules joked with him about the formations vs Balt. I think the Pats had him once this year, can't recall which game.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Speaking of officials who did Pats SBs does anyone find it kind of disconcerting that the officials on the field seldom agree with Mike Carey when he says what a call should be?

I love Vinovich. He had me when he rolled his eyes when Jules joked with him about the formations vs Balt. I think the Pats had him once this year, can't recall which game.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Speaking of officials who did Pats SBs does anyone find it kind of disconcerting that the officials on the field seldom agree with Mike Carey when he says what a call should be?

I think Carey us just a running joke at this stage. Absolutely everything he calls, the officials do the opposite. And he sounds like a guy who can't quite believe he's getting away with it, long time ref, now a cushy gig on TV

I'd honestly like to see a side by side of his tv calls vs Pereira's to see who most often agrees and who is right.

The Bronco fans at Orangemane, where I saw this link, want Hoculi. They hate Vinovich. Hopefully someone can enlighten me as to why, but I think he's a good ref, especially in the game management dept.

What are the chances he refs the Carolina game after the Cam controversy though?

~Dee~

Well...Cam is (like 2 months)older now no? ROFL

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

The Bronco fans at Orangemane, where I saw this link, want Hoculi. They hate Vinovich. Hopefully someone can enlighten me as to why, but I think he's a good ref, especially in the game management dept.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/12/26/7447523/peyton-manning-bill-vinovich-broncos-referee

Peypey is 0-6 in games Vinovich refs.

Might have something to do without calling a bunch of horseshit penalties on Donkey opponents? :shrug_n:

I'm not reading too much into it. A few of the times I still agreed with him even after the guy on the field went the other direction.

And as much as I wish he called "in the grasp" I do prefer when the refs "let them play" and that's what he did. He let them play.

But Mike won me over when he didn't throw a flag on Warrick Dunn (if I recall) after he slapped some Redskin player (again, if I recall) in the face after getting spit on. I do recall other refs saying that he should throw two flags but Mike refused to even things out. He did go to Dunn and say, "Listen, I'll handle this. So cool it." One of the more professional things I've seen a ref do, IMO.

I always liked Carey, I just meant that it kinds of points out how convoluted the rulebook is. I get that crews will differ from time to time, but it shouldn't be so vast, IMO.

We had very much a penalty free zone in the Div round, the refs let them play. Let's hope for more of the same in the CGs.

I agree it is always good to see them allowed to play within reason. I just hope that Gronk doesn't continue to get called for inadvertent PI when he gets bumped on 5 yards from the LOS, then pushes off then leverages the cut on that. He got a pitiful call during the last Pats @ Broncos regular season game (by a chick-ref, too) and I just read an article on Broncos Marshall playa pissin and moaning bout that being the main reason Gronk is so dominant. Marshall is a woos anyways so he'll be crying to the refs next Sunday. :grrr:

What are the chances he refs the Carolina game after the Cam controversy though?

~Dee~

He's had his issues in Denver as well but you're probably correct. Expects a shitload of ticky tack, inconsistent flags and a terrible game but at least we'll get plenty of preening from Hoch since we all tune in to see him after all.

He's had his issues in Denver as well but you're probably correct. Expects a shitload of ticky tack, inconsistent flags and a terrible game but at least we'll get plenty of preening from Hoch since we all tune in to see him after all.

Would love to know if all 4 teams had them ref throughout the year.

~Dee~

Let's hope it's not Houchuli my god....

This. I'd almost rather have Ben Dreith than Ed Hochuli.

Not that Hochuli will have bias one way or the other, but there will be a MILLION ****ing penalties, because Hochuli wants to get his TV time.

A million penalties, I think, will benefit Denver in a big way.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Tim Brown killed us too. Every. Single. Time.

While Tim Brown did kill us, every single time but once (you might remember that game)...I think you meant Rod Smith, who made whichever Patriot covering him his personal bitch for the evening.

Let's hope it's not Houchuli my god....

Hochuli is terrible, but arbitrarily so. I expect bad refs these days, as long as there is no history of home crowd (or other) bias, I'm fine. Better him than somebody like Blakeman.

Back