Report: Patriots moving on from Belichick per Tom Curran

FTR, I'm not arguing that BB is staying. I'm arguing that Kraft will give BB the courtesy to make the decision.
I think that is the jist of what Curran is reporting. Things got decided after the Germany game where both he and Bill agreed it was time to part ways and Bill agreed to the trade scenario so Kraft can get some compensation for him. The question is where will he be traded? My guess is either Washington or Dallas. Although I would love to see him in Vegas with Brady as his boss. LOL

I think that is the jist of what Curran is reporting. Things got decided after the Germany game where both he and Bill agreed it was time to part ways and Bill agreed to the trade scenario so Kraft can get some compensation for him. The question is where will he be traded? My guess is either Washington or Dallas. Although I would love to see him in Vegas with Brady as his boss. LOL

What trade scenario? Did Curran talk about a trade scenario?

What trade scenario? Did Curran talk about a trade scenario?
“When they came out of Germany, conversations I had that week made it very clear that a decision was made,” Curran said. “They were going to play out the string, and at the end of the year, there would be a parting of the ways for a variety of reasons.”

Curran added that the parting of the ways could include a de facto trade of Belichick to a new team. That would explain the decision not to fire Belichick during the season.

This has always made the most sense to me. Have a discussion about how to part ways and then let Bill pick where he wants to go and get some trade compensation.

I didn't hear Curran say anything about a trade.

BB in Dallas? 🙄

If this was true, why would you want Bill to still coach and effect the outcomes of games?

Nah, I think he is staying. What if, and it's been reported the Noodle Arm was Krafty's decision and Kraft has apologized to Bill. As people have said, Curran doesn't have any real contacts anymore since Brady left.
Funny you say that. Been my thought from the start.

Nah, I think he is staying. What if, and it's been reported the Noodle Arm was Krafty's decision and Kraft has apologized to Bill. As people have said, Curran doesn't have any real contacts anymore since Brady left.
I was reacting to her theory…BB would never be Jerry’s puppet. Ever.

I made a thread on this a few months ago…and POOF, it disappeared. 🤔

While every reporter gets things wrong, nothing seems even remotely unlikely about the report, and the look on Kraft's face summed that up, I think. The only question I'd have about it is whether or not there's any chance Kraft changes his mind. Perry makes the important point without actually making it, which is that they can't have BB running personnel anymore.

I, personally, think it would be best case scenario if BB got traded to the Chargers. In that case, everyone but Staley wins.

I don’t see how he isn’t gone at this point, but I have to question the accuracy of “the decision has already been made.” If that’s the case, I don’t see why Kraft wouldn’t have fired him already.

Firing coaches mid-season is almost never a good, or smart, thing. And this year, it's not helping in Carolina or Vegas.

Firing coaches mid-season is almost never a good, or smart, thing. And this year, it's not helping in Carolina or Vegas.

But not firing him, and having someone come in and guide the team to where it needs to go this year could be seen as criminal. They could very easily go from 2 to 6 or so in the draft if they aren't extremely careful.

this is just conjecture, but Dallas would have to gag away the rest of the season and/or lay an egg in the post season to move of Mike McCarthy at this point.
with Jerrah, you never can tell though

Back