Respect my integritay!

Isn't this like 1% of annual revenue for the league?

Not saying Goodell isn't a douche, but this isn't exactly a lot of money to 'conceal'.

yet another example of goodell doing what the owners want and not the right thing...

It sounded like the original article (in the WSJ) said each team would get 1.5 mill more, but that could just be them divvying it up evenly based on the amount of the error alone.

Ya, I get that, but it basically amounts to an accounting error.

People should already hate the league by now lol

It said this decision was the result of arbitration, so it sounds like it was somewhat contested.

"Hey Rog, I think you have an accounting error here, let's settle up".

"No I don't, screw you, Melon".

ARBITRATION.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

It sounded like the original article (in the WSJ) said each team would get 1.5 mill more, but that could just be them divvying it up evenly based on the amount of the error alone.

I saw it as $120M of incorrectly classified revenues, 40% of which go to players, so $48M

48M divided by 32 teams is 1.5M each.

I could be wrong.

So does this mean that Revis is gonna hold out again? More money in the pool!

Yep. Pretty much his MO. Plus the Jets have more money to pay him since they cut Cro.

Ya, I get that, but it basically amounts to an accounting error.

People should already hate the league by now lol

Accounting errors can be either inadvertent or advertent.

Are you presuming it was a mistake? :spock:

This is Roger & the NFL we're talking about here.

Cheers, BostonTim

Accounting errors can be either inadvertent or advertent.

Are you presuming it was a mistake? :spock:

This is Roger & the NFL we're talking about here.

Cheers, BostonTim

No, what I meant was that in the grand scheme of things this isn't much money. And if we are supposed to look at the NFL here and yell, 'OMG YOU ASSHOLES' then that ship sailed long ago. No one should be shocked by this lol

No, what I meant was that in the grand scheme of things this isn't much money. And if we are supposed to look at the NFL here and yell, 'OMG YOU ASSHOLES' then that ship sailed long ago. No one should be shocked by this lol
not much money but the team gets $1,500,000 added to the cap - that is more than Jamie Collins or Lewis made last season. a little more than Stork and James White combined.

May not be much money but could the Pats have used the 1.5 last season and signed a better back up offensive lineman?

. No one should be shocked by this lol

No one is shocked by this. WE're pissed not shocked, at business as usual. While you're right, it's NOT a HUGE amount by NFL standards, but it's STILL 3.75 Million per owner.

And I think you might take a look at this from another direction. If this lying cheating, conniving scumbag greed driven league is so jaded that it needs to steal this relatively small sum from it's players, then, imo they have sunken to a new and disgusting low.

And setting this out as a thread, in juxtaposition to the bullshit integrity theme that KING ASSHOLE Goodell still hides behind is both totally relevant and even a necessary observation.

Cheers, :toast:

No one is shocked by this. WE're pissed not shocked, at business as usual. While you're right, it's NOT a HUGE amount by NFL standards, but it's STILL 3.75 Million per owner.

And I think you might take a look at this from another direction. If this lying cheating, conniving scumbag greed driven league is so jaded that it needs to steal this relatively small sum from it's players, then, imo they have sunken to a new and disgusting low.

And setting this out as a thread, in juxtaposition to the bullshit integrity theme that KING ASSHOLE Goodell still hides behind is both totally relevant and even a necessary observation.

Cheers, :toast:
and what if it was Jerry Jones and a couple other stadium owners who recently opened their place and wanted Kraft and the Patriots punished.

Would this be enough for Kraft to step forward and suggest the couple/three owners get punished with a fine and draft picks for hurting the integrity of te league

Back