Restraining Order Dropped Against Moss

#12PF

Reaction score
I would've put this in the mega-thread but I felt it would have gotten lost admist all the posts. However, MODS feel free to merge.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080311/APS/803110833

A woman who obtained a restraining order earlier this year against New England Patriots star Randy Moss has requested that the order be dissolved and the case dismissed, court records show.

Amazing, all these things that just seemed to be very important right before the Super Bowl are now just going away. I assume no one is going to make a big deal that people are just saying "ehh, I don't want to follow through with this. We did our job distracting them when it was needed."

She dropped it like a prom dress....

I mean bad habit.

This is good news and I hope Randy didn't have to pay her off to make it go away and would like to believe it was simple extortion based on the suspect timing of the whole thing.

She dropped it like a prom dress....

I mean bad habit.

This is good news and I hope Randy didn't have to pay her off to make it go away and would like to believe it was simple extortion based on the suspect timing of the whole thing.

You're kidding, right?

This whole things smell of KA-CHING! on her part. :shake:

Sadly, he probably threw some dough at her, and she figured, easier to take it then go to court, pay lawyers, etc.,.

And I hope whatever blood money she got is enough to offset the loss of a rich friend, and a warm place to put your finger on a cold winter's night. :harumph:

Amazing, all these things that just seemed to be very important right before the Super Bowl are now just going away. I assume no one is going to make a big deal that people are just saying "ehh, I don't want to follow through with this. We did our job distracting them when it was needed."

That's what's really gets me. There were so many people listening intently when there seemed to be something scandalous brewing. Now that that's been put to rest, no one cares to pay attention or retract statements about Moss' character. It's disgusting, but I guess its the way the media works. Slander someone's character and then when the damage is done and they've gotten everything out of it they could get, retract it on a minor level.

And I hope whatever blood money she got is enough to offset the loss of a rich friend, and a warm place to put your finger on a cold winter's night. :harumph:

ROFL

The conspiracy theorist in me has a feeling someone else put her up to this -- but I am unsure if it would likely be someone inside our outside of the NFL. :tinfoilhat: ;)

You're kidding, right?

This whole things smell of KA-CHING! on her part. :shake:

Sadly, he probably threw some dough at her, and she figured, easier to take it then go to court, pay lawyers, etc.,.

well said

That's what's really gets me. There were so many people listening intently when there seemed to be something scandalous brewing. Now that that's been put to rest, no one cares to pay attention or retract statements about Moss' character. It's disgusting, but I guess its the way the media works. Slander someone's character and then when the damage is done and they've gotten everything out of it they could get, retract it on a minor level.

that is the sad part isn't it? agree with your post

Good for him.. what a bunch of BS.. so many haters.. I pray that this is the year they get to say gfy to all the haters..

There's a plus in all of this.

The team, and Belichick, were very supportive of Randy when this BS broke. I bet that reaction played a role, albeit maybe a small one, in Randy's contract deliberations.

His comfort in NE, and the fact that he knew that the team had his back during this mini crisis, was probably one of the softer considerations when he chose to go with the smaller dollar offer.

As happy as I am to see this garbage finally settled, this still pisses me off:

"There has finally been acknowledgment that the injuries were not intentionally inflicted," Sharpstein said.

An attorney for Washington said "no such acknowledgment exists."

Washington had been acting "solely on the advice of her former attorney" when she filed temporary restraining orders, Darrell Thompson said in a statement.

"No such acknowledgment exists", except that whereas just over a month ago she was so scared of the guy she needed a court order keeping him 500 feet away, now all of a sudden everything is fine.

Give me a break. This is the biggest bunch of BS since OJ said "Absolutely, 100% not guilty."

As happy as I am to see this garbage finally settled, this still pisses me off:

"No such acknowledgment exists", except that whereas just over a month ago she was so scared of the guy she needed a court order keeping him 500 feet away, now all of a sudden everything is fine.

Give me a break. This is the biggest bunch of BS since OJ said "Absolutely, 100% not guilty."

Yea, I dont know how all of a sudden she realized it wasn't intentional. This whole thing was unbelievably wrong. :mad: UGH im still mad!!!

This slut, Arlen Spector and John Tomase all played thier roles in diminishing the Patriots' playoff run and, potentially, impacting the Pats focus before SB 42. The latter two clearly more than the slut, whose impact was probably less of a factor by then.

Sucks.

Really.

And yeah, I know, excuses are lame. And the real answer was just that the Pats got beat. But I'll never be convinced that the off field stuff didn't play some role in the outcome, because I still think that the Giants were not all that great.

Back