RIP David Patton

The loss of a true hero , David was an essential gog in the Patriots machine.But what impressed me as much as his on field performance, was watching him work the ropes at training camp.David seemed to understand that the fans paid his salary and he was greatful.Hopefully his name will be remembered in the company of Brady,Bruschi,Vinatteri and the rest.Take 10 David, you've earned it.

David Patten was a great Patriot. He completed many winning plays, during the Patriot's first set of championships. I remember his great post-season catches and td's. He was fantastic vs. the Oakland Raiders during the divisional round, in the heavy snow, during the 2001 postseason. And his regular-season catch vs. the Buffalo Bills, in Buffalo, during 2001-when he was knocked out, after making a catch, at the sideline. That was the type of play that a team like the 2001 Patriots, a team highly unexpected to make a run at the championship, needed. He was dependable, a great link to Tom Brady's throws. Not to mention, I remember his day vs. the Colts in 2001, when he threw a long pass for a td (to the also Great Troy Brown), had a great run for a td, and caught a long td pass from the greatest of my time, Tom Brady. All in one winning game in Indianapolis!

I am certainly sad about his death. I pretty much cried when I found out. I hope his family, friends, teammates, and fans are OK. David Patten was a great and appreciated Patriot.

Last edited:
Back