RIP Kobe Bryant

Hogfarmer

Reaction score
https://myfox8.com/2020/01/26/kobe-bryant-dies-in-helicopter-crash-tmz-reports/

TMZ:

"

Kobe Bryant died in a helicoper crash in Calabasas Sunday morning ... TMZ Sports has confirmed.

Kobe was traveling with at least 3 other people in his private helicopter when it went down. A fire broke out. Emergency personnel responded, but nobody on board survived. 5 people are confirmed dead. We're told Vanessa Bryant was not among those on board.

The cause of the crash is under investigation.

Kobe has famously used a helicopter to travel for years -- dating back to when he played for the Lakers. He was known for commuting from Newport Beach, CA to the STAPLES Center in DTLA in his Sikorsky S-76 chopper.

KB is survived by his wife Vanessa, and their four daughters -- Gianna, Natalia and Bianca and their newborn Capri.

Kobe has recently been spotted out at NBA games with his daughter Gianna -- a rising star basketball player herself. Their youngest daughter, Capri, was just born in June 2019.

Kobe is widely considered one of the greatest NBA players of all time -- making 18 All-Star teams during his 20 year career with the Lakers. He's a 5-time NBA champion.

Story developing ...

https://myfox8.com/2020/01/26/kobe-bryant-dies-in-helicopter-crash-tmz-reports/

TMZ:

"

Kobe Bryant died in a helicoper crash in Calabasas Sunday morning ... TMZ Sports has confirmed.

Kobe was traveling with at least 3 other people in his private helicopter when it went down. A fire broke out. Emergency personnel responded, but nobody on board survived. 5 people are confirmed dead. We're told Vanessa Bryant was not among those on board.

The cause of the crash is under investigation.

Kobe has famously used a helicopter to travel for years -- dating back to when he played for the Lakers. He was known for commuting from Newport Beach, CA to the STAPLES Center in DTLA in his Sikorsky S-76 chopper.

KB is survived by his wife Vanessa, and their four daughters -- Gianna, Natalia and Bianca and their newborn Capri.

Kobe has recently been spotted out at NBA games with his daughter Gianna -- a rising star basketball player herself. Their youngest daughter, Capri, was just born in June 2019.

Kobe is widely considered one of the greatest NBA players of all time -- making 18 All-Star teams during his 20 year career with the Lakers. He's a 5-time NBA champion.

Story developing ...

Way to young. Sad.

Requiescat in pace.

Horrendous news. I still remember hearing the news about Payne Stewart.

RIP Kobe you legend.

Really feel sorry for the Pro Bowl players. It's difficult enough to get motivated for it, but they must be hearing this news on the sidelines.

Whether you loved him or hated him (most of us are Celtics fans), there's no denying his place in NBA history. Far too young.

oc-helicopters-1.949.851.6262-mamba-helicopter.png

Whether you loved him or hated him (most of us are Celtics fans), there's no denying his place in NBA history. Far too young.

It's ironic Lebron just passed him yesterday to move into 3rd place in all time scoring.

Tragic, this is going to shake the sports world for awhile. I heard his daughter was on board with him as well. Terrible news.

As well as Kobe and his 13 year old daughter, there was a teammate of his daughter and one of her parents.

We miss you already Kobe ❤️❤️�������� Tom Brady (@TomBrady)

RIP to the legend. Terrible terrible news. Thoughts are with the family. #MambaForever Julian Edelman (@Edelman11)

Was never a fan of Kobe, but respected him. After he retired he used to break down plays, which I loved watching. Guy is a legend. The saddest part is his daughter didn't make it, either. Terrible news.

The latest report is that 9 were killed. So many that won't be returning to their loved ones.

Remember when Kobe visited the team and stayed for a long while? BB was very impressed with him.

“I have a ton of respect for Kobe,” said Belichick when asked about the visit. “Obviously a great, great player. Had a great career. Spent the day with him yesterday. He had a lot of great observations and things we can learn from. He’s a tremendous guy.”

And he was a fan of BB and the team.

But his favorite Boston sports figures by far are with the Patriots.

In what Bryant said was “one of the lowest moments of my career,” he recalled losing the 2008 NBA Finals at TD Garden, when the Celtics routed the Lakers 131-92. At that point, Bryant had only ever won a championship with Shaquille O’Neal, and he said he was “burning with frustration” as the clock ticked down and he wondered whether he’d ever again have the teammates he needed to win a title.

“I look over, and Bill Belichick is walking toward me,” Bryant said. “I had never met him. Never spoken to him. He had courtside seats across from our bench, and with 20 seconds left in the game, he came over and said, ‘Don’t you worry about this. I know what you are going through. We just lost a tough one ourselves [to the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLII]. Just bounce back. Be ready next year.'”

Bryant said he and Belichick have spoken since, with Belichick even coming to the Lakers’ locker room to talk coaching. “I thought it was really cool,” Bryant said. “Respect across our professions.” But if Bryant had to choose a member of the Patriots to see at Thursday night’s Lakers-Celtics game, it wouldn’t necessarily be Belichick. Bryant said he was hoping Rob Gronkowski would show up and share some of the good times. And Bryant was sticking to his line that he never wants to be a Celtic, and that he thinks his Lakers teammates leave him better prepared for a title run. He wouldn’t even switch his football rooting allegiances to Boston. “I’m an Eagles fan, for better or for worse,” he said. “I’ve got my fingers crossed that this Chip Kelly dude will work out.” Sounds about right, seeing as some people think Kelly is waiting to take over in New England once Belichick leaves. Come on, Kobe. Just say you love Boston.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2013/02/kobe-bryan...-rob-gronkowski-comes-out-for-celtics-lakers/

627cf44b1f08f3a1fd1f493a3c0428be

0b1cf855cee960a6669ee7750039237d.jpg

saagagga.jpg

Unreal gut wrenching news. Something no family member should have to go through. Heart goes out to everyone’s family who was lost on that helicopter :( sad day in the world of sports.

Back