road rage and instant karma

patswin

WTF
Political Forum Moderator
Reaction score
I am pretty sure we've had threads talking about idiots encountered on the road. I could not find it, and I really needed to share this, but not doing it on FB.
Everyone has hope after being cut off / flipped off or worse by another driver that justice would be served swiftly and instantly. That happened to me last night.

Some of you are aware that I am an avid motorcyclist. My ride is set up for safety and comfort, and in particular I have some very expensive long range driving lights. Nightime on a bike is a dangerous time, and there's no such thing as too little light. The brightness on these things is adjustable, and I keep them dialed at about 10% intensity around town so as not to piss off oncoming drivers. Out in the countrysides, they are bright enough to melt the paint off road signs. I Love them.

Anyway, last night I was out and about and sitting at red light with a car in front of me. The light turns green, car and I proceed down the road. A few seconds later, this driver in front of me slams on the brakes and swerves left in order to block the road. I calmly slowed down and just rode around him, while he opens his door and gets out screaming about my lights blinding him ( Mind you, I was behind this dick. )
As I continued, I saw blue lights come on and a cruiser stop right next to the guy, and clearly the cop witnessed the whole thing. I just kept on going down the road and saw the cop jump out of his car in my mirror......with a smile... thankful that once in a great while one of these assholes gets a dose of instant karma. I kinda wanted to see what played out but didn't bother going back.

I am pretty sure we've had threads talking about idiots encountered on the road. I could not find it, and I really needed to share this, but not doing it on FB.
Everyone has hope after being cut off / flipped off or worse by another driver that justice would be served swiftly and instantly. That happened to me last night.

Some of you are aware that I am an avid motorcyclist. My ride is set up for safety and comfort, and in particular I have some very expensive long range driving lights. Nightime on a bike is a dangerous time, and there's no such thing as too little light. The brightness on these things is adjustable, and I keep them dialed at about 10% intensity around town so as not to piss off oncoming drivers. Out in the countrysides, they are bright enough to melt the paint off road signs. I Love them.

Anyway, last night I was out and about and sitting at red light with a car in front of me. The light turns green, car and I proceed down the road. A few seconds later, this driver in front of slams on the brakes and swerves left in order to block the road. I calmly slowed down and just rode around him, while he opens his door and gets out screaming about my lights blinding him ( Mind you, I was behind this dick. )
As I continued, I saw blue lights come on and a cruiser stop right next to the guy, and clearly the cop witnessed the whole thing. I just kept on going down the road and saw the cop jump out of his car in my mirror......with a smile... thankful that once in a great while one of these assholes gets a dose of instant karma. I kinda wanted to see what played out but didn't bother going back.

Yep, some folks are just dicks and screech, scream, and act like an asshole unjustly. Brilliant to hear he got his due.

I will say this, however, I have at times been so livid at the utter lack of respect and danger-causing actions on the road I have attempted to settle the injustice myself.

It wasn't until I ran into my soulmate to this point in my life and my best friend Joanne that I realized I don't need to be the arm of justice in all things. LOL

We have all had bad experiences on the road.
However the one I still think about was coming out of Gillette after a Jets game in which the Patriots pounded them again. 68,000 in the stadium cheering in unison our beloved team.
A half hour later leaving the stadium parking lot, being cut off, given the finger more than once, and people putting down their windows and yelling profanities.
All wearing the same colors of our beloved team.

Last edited:
We have all had bad experiences on the road.
However the one I still think about was coming out of Gillette after a Jets game in which the Patriots pounded them again. 68,000 in the stadium cheering in unison our beloved team.
A half hour later leaving the stadium parking lot, being cut off, given the finger more than once, and people putting down their and yelling profanities.
All wearing the same colors of our beloved team.
In Gillette, unified tribe.

Trying to get out onto Route 1: every man for himself!

LED headlights are a very real PIA...perhaps the reason for the trigger in the meanie driver's actions? They blind, affect your peripheral vision, and could trigger people that have epileptic seizures to wreck themselves. The unhappy camper in front of you never should have did what he/she did, but, that might be the reason (excessive bright lights) of his episode.

LED headlights are the future of car lighting. Uses less power and requires less space. With car makers trying to squeeze every bit of power out of cars for everything, there will be a time when you can't get anything but led. My car had projector bulbs and I used to get people flashing me all the time thinking my brights were on (they are properly aimed also)

LED headlights are a very real PIA...perhaps the reason for the trigger in the meanie driver's actions? They blind, affect your peripheral vision, and could trigger people that have epileptic seizures to wreck themselves. The unhappy camper in front of you never should have did what he/she did, but, that might be the reason (excessive bright lights) of his episode.
This. LED are here to stay. My current vehicle is 100% LED lighting.

This. LED are here to stay. My current vehicle is 100% LED lighting.
Once my traditional projector bulbs burn out, I will be going led also. The only led bulbs that bother me are the ones that are bluish tint ones that are insanely bright. Usually they are aftermarket and done on purpose. True white led bulbs have a hint of blue but not blue blue hue. I had led bulbs in my last car and it saved my but multiple times when it came to wild life and seeing them way ahead of time. I will be looking into replaced my outside bulbs with led also but will have to find one that has an resister built in or buy an electronic flasher to prevent hyper flashing. My reverse lights are led already.

LED can blind you. My LED grow light is wicked bright and powerful. Works amazing, but, almost works too good.

Every now and then when i'm driving north at night we come across a semi that has his "moose" lights on, I swear it looks like a freight train coming through a very narrow tunnel and I have to almost come to a complete stop or i'll drive off the road. The headlights on my Ram suck and I'll eventually switch over to led since that is where the technology is headed.

Those idiots with the LED light bars are asking to have an accident...
Illegal to run them on public streets here in Michigan. Doesn’t stop some of my jeep wrangler buddies from doing it anyway.

Back