Sauerbrun signed.

Ummm, the Pats brought back Ken Walter when Sauerbrun was available? :rolleyes:

The Pats were either sleeping at the time, think Sauerbrun is a "character" concern, or Walter has the Shenocca photos.

Um, okay... For some reason I posted this in a Jag game thread... I'm telling ya... I really am out of the loop. Or I'm just loopy. :dith:

Anyway.. Figured I'd post it in the correct thread...

Did I miss when Sauerbrun was released by Denver? Was it during the offseason? I honestly don't remember him being released.

I'm telling ya... I really feel like I am so fricken out of the loop this season.

mgoblue101415 on 12-22-2006 at 03:50 PM said:
Um, okay... For some reason I posted this in a Jag game thread... I'm telling ya... I really am out of the loop. Or I'm just loopy. :dith:

Anyway.. Figured I'd post it in the correct thread...

Did I miss when Sauerbrun was released by Denver? Was it during the offseason? I honestly don't remember him being released.

I'm telling ya... I really feel like I am so fricken out of the loop this season.

Someone in here posted that he was suspended by the league for the first 4 games for using ephedra, then on the day that he was supposed to be un-suspended, the Broncos released him.

Man if the Patriots did that, the national media and Tom Jackson ( i refuse to include him as a member of the press) would be up in arms about how the Patriots FO and Belichick dont care about their players and vilefying them as money grubbing system mongers.

southcarolina on 12-22-2006 at 04:10 PM said:
Someone in here posted that he was suspended by the league for the first 4 games for using ephedra, then on the day that he was supposed to be un-suspended, the Broncos released him.

Man if the Patriots did that, the national media and Tom Jackson ( i refuse to include him as a member of the press) would be up in arms about how the Patriots FO and Belichick dont care about their players and vilefying them as money grubbing system mongers.
I think it's common sense, but I've never heard Tom Jackson and common sense used in the same sentence before.

Why release a player that doesn't take up a roster spot? And what if his replacement got hurt within those 4 weeks?

Anyway, I think we should just resign Flutie and let him kick.

I Have a Cold Today.......

But I think it's Coach Bill holding his nose on this signing.

Roid boy with a history of DUI and a clubhouse cancer with a BIG MOUTH.

I guess the tryouts didn't go so well.

I shoulda been a punter.....:Eason:

Re: I Have a Cold Today.......

Mr3putt on 12-22-2006 at 06:03 PM said:
But I think it's Coach Bill holding his nose on this signing.

Roid boy with a history of DUI and a clubhouse cancer with a BIG MOUTH.

I guess the tryouts didn't go so well.

I shoulda been a punter.....:Eason:
He's trying to prove himself though so he should be fine for a wham bam thank you ma'am :D

Good signing for the playoff run. We Sould be able to pick up a punter next year if we need one.
Dumb question; but here MUST be a few guys that can kick a ball 40-45 yrd average?? Every collage team has one. It not like a few kick it 50 yrd and the rest kick it 30 yrd

southcarolina on 12-22-2006 at 03:11 PM said:
Ummm ok.

I was just making a joke on myself since about 99.9% of my posts here are of the non-serious football type.

Ummmm. I know.

"I don't know who this kid thinks he's playing with but I'm not the most mild-tempered guy,'' Sauerbrun said. "If he would have said the wrong thing to me there's no telling what I might have done ... that kid is as big of an idiot as his brother, and I'm sure his other brother is, too. It goes right down the line.''

Sounds like a little roid rage to me.
:D

Kidding aside though, I like the signing. Assuming Miller comes back next season and I do assume he will, roid man will only be the punter for at most a handfull of games and I can live with that. It sure beats watching Walter's duck kicks fly off the side of his foot.

Methinks that for now, Sauerbrun is happy that he doesn't have to kick at HOME until at least the playoffs... considering the aforementioned fumble he forced last year that helped KO the (then) champs in Invesco...

Not a very impressive debut:

Todd Sauerbrun -- Punter debuts with five attempts for a 35-yard average.

How come Sauerbrun looked so good in Denver last year (altitude?) and in Carolina previously, and then looked worse than Walter on Sunday? I don't get it.

DarrylStingley on 12-26-2006 at 11:33 AM said:
How come Sauerbrun looked so good in Denver last year (altitude?) and in Carolina previously, and then looked worse than Walter on Sunday? I don't get it.
He's not on steroids anymore.

Back