Sent My Daughter Off to College

She's going to come back here and yell at both of us if you don't knock it off.

:shake:
She's going to do that anyway.ROFL

My son considered a Philosophy major for 5 minutes. I told him he could pony up the 100 grand all alone to have a career in pumping gas the rest of his ife.

I didn't do anything out of not having the heart with her, you assuming condescending snit with no children of your own.

As the originator of whatever is going on I have to apologize to everyone. However, as I read this I have to ask myself, "when did we all get to a point that we couldn't take a good natured ribbing?" :huh:

:peace:

I think you're being a tad harsh on Jaric for making some jokes, and by tad, I mean silly harsh. Good Lord.

She's going to do that anyway.ROFL

My son considered a Philosophy major for 5 minutes. I told him he could pony up the 100 grand all alone to have a career in pumping gas the rest of his ife.

My daughter first wanted to be a physicist but I told her I would not pay for 12 years of school for an $80k something job. Plus they tend to work for government...and that's a no no in my book.

As the originator of whatever is going on I have to apologize to everyone. However, as I read this I have to ask myself, "when did we all get to a point that we couldn't take a good natured ribbing?" :huh:

:peace:
She's still pissed that Rays fans suck.:rolleyes:

It's hard to tell when there's no tone of voice. Anyhow, I am outta here then. I see it's going to get ugly.
It's frikkin Jaric!!!! Don't pretend you don't know he is 99% comedy.

Of course you are....

My daughter first wanted to be a physicist but I told her I would not pay for 12 years of school for an $80k something job. Plus they tend to work for government...and that's a no no in my book.
????? So you preach about letting her find her passion but then you shot down something because of your views?:shrug:

And what is wrong with $80K?

You just screamed at warp volume at Jaric for pissing on someone's dreams, and here you are telling us you did the same thing.

This isn't the political forum. Your long-winded and condascending dissertations aren't appreciated, certainly not by me. I have a daughter that has a Master's in social work, has six years in the field, and is making jack shit and struggling. If I had it to do over again, I would stomp the shit out of her dreams. And do you know why? Because dreams are just that. Today's marketplace dictates that you do what you have to do to support yourself and a future family, not chase dreams.

But, yeah, idealism works. What a crock of crap. And I'm sorry if I've offended you, but your lectures might survive over in the PF, but they suck over here.

I wasn't seriously offering to break your child's spirit. I had hoped you'd figured out by now, 90% of what I post is not meant to be taken seriously. I know you think I have ulterior motives, but I really don't. I'm sure your daughter will do fine in whatever she does.

EDIT: And for the record, you don't know anything about me or my life. I'm very happy with who I am and how things turned out. Might not have been what I planned when I was 18, but that's how life goes. The surest way to hear God laugh is to announce your plans publicly. Good luck to your daughter.

You just screamed at warp volume at Jaric for pissing on someone's dreams, and here you are telling us you did the same thing.

This isn't the political forum. Your long-winded and condascending dissertations aren't appreciated, certainly not by me. I have a daughter that has a Master's in social work, has six years in the field, and is making jack shit and struggling. If I had it to do over again, I would stomp the shit out of her dreams. And do you know why? Because dreams are just that. Today's marketplace dictates that you do what you have to do to support yourself and a future family, not chase dreams.

But, yeah, idealism works. What a crock of crap. And I'm sorry if I've offended you, but your lectures might survive over in the PF, but they suck over here.

Yeah, but you raised her right. She's marrying a dude who makes good money so he can buy her shit.

ROFL

Back