Sheed's Moment

Fully Tilted

GhostGronk
Reaction score
It will all come down to this. Throughout the entire season and most of his career Rasheed Wallace has been a lightning rod for either unabashed adoration or hatred. There was no middle to speak much of. In the playoffs we've seen a different Rasheed Wallace then in the regular season and Wallace apologists had reason to feel good that their support had paid them a small reward of no longer having to defend him night in and night out. Wallace bashers had a faint taste of crow in their mouths but were satisfied with the results.

No matter, no more. Regardless of Rasheed Wallace's regular season and playoff contributions, he will ultimately be measured for how he plays in the season's final game, with Kendrick Perkins more than likely not playing.

If he steps up huge, the anti-Wallace camp can say nothing.

If he fails miserably (much like he did last night), he will have botched the opportunity to silence all haters.

I think this is the whole team's moment.

They all failed last night, though some were better than others. They all have the chance to make it right.

Making game 7 a referendum on any one player doesn't seem right to me. The hallmark of these Cs is that they really are a team.

The team has a chance to step up. If the Cs win but Ray or Paul has a stinker, it wont matter. Same with Sheed. Same with Baby. Same with KG.

Game 7, in my book, will tell us everything about this Celtics team, from Doc down to the last guy getting regular minutes. Not just Sheed.

They all failed last night, though some were better than others. They all have the chance to make it right.

Making game 7 a referendum on any one player doesn't seem right to me. The hallmark of these Cs is that they really are a team.

The team has a chance to step up. If the Cs win but Ray or Paul has a stinker, it wont matter. Same with Sheed. Same with Baby. Same with KG.

Game 7, in my book, will tell us everything about this Celtics team, from Doc down to the last guy getting regular minutes. Not just Sheed.

But the team is altered now. There is more emphasis on his role in particular. I understand the "team" mantra but if Sheed steps up, drops 30 by going 5/6 behind the arc, grabs 11 boards and plays solid 'D' is anyone going to say, "The team stepped up."?

All I'm saying is, he has the ultimate opportunity in front of him Thursday night.

If the C's win and he doesn't play well, you're right, it won't matter. Sheed has created so much debate (not only here but most assuredly here for one) that it makes for an interesting story-line.

Agreed, Sheed has a big chance and it's an interesting side bar. But I don't want him trying to score 30. That would be extreme and not consonant with the Cs offense.

I want Sheed playing great D, getting some shots in the flow of the offense, scoring 8-16 points and the Cs featuring a balanced attack. That, in my mind, gives the Cs the best chance to win, regardless of what it says about Sheed.

But yeah, you are right, he does have a huge opportunity in game 7, especially if Perk is out, which seems likely, sadly.

Wrong.

Sheed did not play all season. All friggin season. He never played in the post. Never defended anyone and ran from foul line to foul line. He hurt this team much more than he helped. He was so useless he had to have nekkid shower talk with KG. He came out and said he was here for the playoffs and the regular season doesn't matter.

He has had a few good moments through the playoffs and he has had some real shitty ones. Well here is your moment asshat. Put up or shut up because if there is one thing this game is going to come down it is rebounds and defense in the post. You know, the place where Sheed made his mark on the NBA?

Does the entire game rest on him? No. But if he is going to do his usual lazy ass effort, this game is over before it begins. Boy, I wish this game was in Boston, but the regular season does not matter, right Sheed?

Wrong.

Sheed did not play all season. All friggin season. He never played in the post. Never defended anyone and ran from foul line to foul line. He hurt this team much more than he helped. He was so useless he had to have nekkid shower talk with KG. He came out and said he was here for the playoffs and the regular season doesn't matter.

He has had a few good moments through the playoffs and he has had some real shitty ones. Well here is your moment asshat. Put up or shut up because if there is one thing this game is going to come down it is rebounds and defense in the post. You know, the place where Sheed made his mark on the NBA?

Does the entire game rest on him? No. But if he is going to do his usual lazy ass effort, this game is over before it begins. Boy, I wish this game was in Boston, but the regular season does not matter, right Sheed?

The regular season doesn't mean dick.

Sheed is a proven champion.

Wrong.

So Sheed himself was the difference between home court and not? Sheed is responsible for 50 and not 60 wins?

The following items were not relevant, too:

- KG's various injuries

- Pierce's various injuries

- The growing pains that the team suffered with Rondo taking the leadership role

- Baby's foolish injury and lost regular season

- Eddie House's poor play

- Nate's failure to grasp the defense

- The fact that the Cs played better on the road that at home

- Doc's apparent decision at some point to coast and just get ready for the playoffs

Those were all just little side stories and it's ALL on Sheed?

Funny, I never perceived any bench player to have that level of influence on a team's success. Even on the plus side, guys like Hondo, Walton and McHale were just part of an overall team....but not Sheed, eh?

The regular season doesn't mean dick.

Sheed is a proven champion.
Bullshit.
So Sheed himself was the difference between home court and not? Sheed is responsible for 50 and not 60 wins?

The following items were not relevant, too:

- KG's various injuries

- Pierce's various injuries

- The growing pains that the team suffered with Rondo taking the leadership role

- Baby's foolish injury and lost regular season

- Eddie House's poor play

- Nate's failure to grasp the defense

- The fact that the Cs played better on the road that at home

- Doc's apparent decision at some point to coast and just get ready for the playoffs

Those were all just little side stories and it's ALL on Sheed?

Funny, I never perceived any bench player to have that level of influence on a team's success. Even on the plus side, guys like Hondo, Walton and McHale were just part of an overall team....but not Sheed, eh?

None. Not one of them came out and said it doesn't matter and he will play when he feels like it. None of them.

It ain't all all on him though, that I will concede.

If Ray Allen doesn't go 0-13 in game three, if Pierce isn't in foul trouble all game and finishes with 15 it doesn't matter what Sheed does on Thursday, because it most likely involves being hungover and snorting coke off the tummies of Boston groupies.

Bullshit.

None. Not one of them came out and said it doesn't matter and he will play when he feels like it. None of them.

It ain't all all on him though, that I will concede.

Barely any of it is on him.

He's the SIXTH or SEVENTH player, not even a starter.

Sorry, for those of you who want to blame the regular season on Sheed, you obviously weren't paying close attention.

If Sheed had never made that asinine comment, none of you would be blaming him for what happened in the regular season.

Sorry, for those of you who want to blame the regular season on Sheed, you obviously weren't paying close attention.

If Sheed had never made that asinine comment, none of you would be blaming him for what happened in the regular season.

Tell that to the numerous people who were ready to fellate him any time he hit a three.

And who has actually blamed him for what happened in the regular season? Reading comprehension is hard sometimes, I know.

Tell that to the numerous people who were ready to fellate him any time he hit a three.

And who has actually blamed him for what happened in the regular season? Reading comprehension is hard sometimes, I know.

Oh, I see. So when TG said "It ain't all all on him though, that I will concede", she wasn't pinning some of the regular season problems on Sheed?

I pin most of the blame on injuries (KG, PP, Big Baby), and Doc resting the Big 3 far more than I would ever blame a sixth or 7th player.

Lol. I have been blaming Sheed since his plane touched down, where have you been?

And if the bench don't matter someone better tell Posey and Powe to send their rings back. They played just a minor part anyway.:shrug:

Oh, I see. So when TG said "It ain't all all on him though, that I will concede", she wasn't pinning some of the regular season problems on Sheed?

So are you saying Sheed has no blame? I can't speak for her. I don't blame Sheed entirely for the regular season. I do place the blame of not fulfilling his role as a big off the bench to play defense, take smart fouls and stretch the opposing defense....on him, yes.

I pin most of the blame on injuries (KG, PP, Big Baby), and Doc resting the Big 3 far more than I would ever blame a sixth or 7th player.

Agreed. The point of the thread was more of a cap tip and nod towards the sensationalism either way when it comes to Sheed. Trust me, you don't have to dig too far to find posts of mine that ask why we're talking so much about the second or third most important player off the bench.

Lol. I have been blaming Sheed since his plane touched down, where have you been?

And if the bench don't matter someone better tell Posey and Powe to send their rings back. They played just a minor part anyway.:shrug:

I was referring to a 6th or 7th bench player for the regular season. In an 82 game schedule, I honestly don't believe that Sheed's minutes contributed to more than a few losses, at most.
:shrug:

I agree that he does need to step up in Game 7, especially as it appears that Perk won't be 100%.

A lot of analysts have given Sheed a LOT of credit for playing Gasol well in Games 3, 4, and 5, though. Of course, KG set the tone in those games against Gasol, but at least Sheed kept it going.

I was referring to a 6th or 7th bench player for the regular season. In an 82 game schedule, I honestly don't believe that Sheed's minutes contributed to more than a few losses, at most.
:shrug:

I agree that he does need to step up in Game 7, especially as it appears that Perk won't be 100%.

A lot of analysts have given Sheed a LOT of credit for playing Gasol well in Games 3, 4, and 5, though. Of course, KG set the tone in those games against Gasol, but at least Sheed kept it going.
I gave Sheed credit for the D he played in those games. Like I said, he has had a couple of good moments.

I just hate the fact that we are relying very heavily on a guy like him. Really hate it.

I gave Sheed credit for the D he played in those games. Like I said, he has had a couple of good moments.

I just hate the fact that we are relying very heavily on a guy like him. Really hate it.

Well, I would rather have Powe back, of course. I think this series would have been long over if we still had him and Posey.

Actually, so do I. The Cs rely on Baby, Sheed and Perk to play in the middle and taking away any of them is huge. Perk is a physical presence and offers something very different than either Baby or Sheed brings. Asking Sheed and Baby to be Perk, Sheed and Baby is asking a lot, especially against Bynum and Gasol.

It truly sucks that Sheed is going to have to do more than he is fit to do on Thursday night.

Then again, it would suck if either Baby or Sheed were out, too, as Perk is usually not on the floor during crunch time.

Well, I would rather have Powe back, of course. I think this series would have been long over if we still had him and Posey.

Really? Leon Powe played about 8 minutes this post-season and made a grand total of ONE basket.

Sheed was a dawg in the regular season but I'd still even take his output over Powe's then too.
Sheed WAAAAAAY > Powe in terms of on-court contributions this season.

And as for Posey, Ray Allen's played pretty solid D and if makes even 25% of the 3's he's missed since Game 2 and this series may have been over in 5.

Back