Slater, Solder and McCourty

Roberto71

Reaction score
Have to give a shout out to these guys, Matt Slater nominee for the Bart Starr Award for humanity, leadership in the community, Dev, nominee for the Walter Payton award and Solder for the Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award.

All very prestigious awards showing clearly how the Patriots culture permeates these players and in turn is enhanced by them. All are great young men, grounded and decent. They do not just the Patriots, but the NFL proud.

Very good interview on All Access with the guys.

It's definitely nice to see those types of players featured. i think this may be the first year that nfln is interviewing each payton finalist on air. long overdue. more good dudes than bad in the nfl.

I think I read that Devin was not one of the three finalists, which is a shame because I can't remember ever seeing a player do more for his community, his causes, and his foundation than him. I think this was the second time he was nominated.

I also think I read or heard that Matthew Slater's father, who some of you might recognize, the Great Jackie Slater :)coffee:), was either nominated for or actually won the same award that Matt is up for, which would be really amazing, considering there are nearly 2,000 players in the league every year.

I think I read that Devin was not one of the three finalists, which is a shame because I can't remember ever seeing a player do more for his community, his causes, and his foundation than him. I think this was the second time he was nominated.

I also think I read or heard that Matthew Slater's father, who some of you might recognize, the Great Jackie Slater :)coffee:), was either nominated for or actually won the same award that Matt is up for, which would be really amazing, considering there are nearly 2,000 players in the league every year.

That is interesting. Not only about the award but that Matt Slater's dad is the Great Jackie Slater. Damn.

Did anybody else know about this? :coffee:

Seriously, it's great those three are being recognized for their off-field efforts to help people. The NFL hasn't done a hell of a lot right this season, imo, but somebody at Park Ave. woke up and figured out they should plug these guys so as to let the public know that everybody in the league isn't a criminal.

I'll give those idiots that much.

That is interesting. Not only about the award but that Matt Slater's dad is the Great Jackie Slater. Damn.

Seriously, it's great those three are being recognized for their off-field efforts to help people. The NFL hasn't done a hell of a lot right this season, imo, but somebody at Park Ave. woke up and figured out they should plug these guys so as to let the public know that everybody in the league isn't a criminal.

I knew about Matt's dad alright and that Jackie won the Bart Starr award before. It's a great story. Matt has been on the really outstanding Patriot in every way. The whole team loves him.

Yes.

In fact, I have to say, I'm quite stunned you didn't know.

It got tremendous play when he was brought in.

Maybe you were hiking.

The fact that Jackie Slater once knocked Mark asshole Gastineau's block off for the idiotic writhing he did on the field and then BB bided his time until he could draft his son and SEND A MESSAGE TO THE JETS...is priceless. :coffee:

Did anybody else know about this?
Of course.

:coffee:

This is me, resisting the urge to turn this into a discussion about probability ...

Do we have a "straitjacket" smiley??? :jester:

Back