So, I'm having a baby.

Brownfan80

Dad of 7, still love the Pats!
Reaction score
Hello. It has been a long time, so I thought I'd drop in and say hi to the people that remember me.

Big news, I'm a DAD. Well, gonna be, whatever. Allie, my girlfriend, is about 4 1/2 months pregnant. I'm very excited about it. Scared a little, I guess, but they tell me that's normal.

We find out if it is a girl or a boy in about a week. :) I have a gut feeling that she is a girl, but you never know.

Oh, also, I'm doing great otherwise. Living the good life. Waiting for another Brady playoff win, like everyone else here.

Lockout sucks. Sydney Rice would be nice, but a pass rush would be nicer.

Randomness. That's about it.

wuv

Good luck to you and your girl friend. Prayers for a healthy child of either sex.:party:

Congrats.

My son is 2 months old. It was VERY challenging at first. He's just now starting to sleep through the night. That makes it much easier for me and the wife.

When the baby is screaming at 2, 3, AND 4 in the morning, just remember, it WILL get better. :toast:

A member at the Golf Course where I work, Dr. Vargas, said that the biggest thing I can do to help Mom out and to grow my connection with the baby is to be the one that gets up and walks the baby around when the night time crying gets going... He said it is the most special moments he has ever shared with his children. And it also helps Mom get more rest, which is vital for her. I took notes from him, now whether I actually drag myself out of bed or not... I can only hope I do the right thing.

A member at the Golf Course where I work, Dr. Vargas, said that the biggest thing I can do to help Mom out and to grow my connection with the baby is to be the one that gets up and walks the baby around when the night time crying gets going... He said it is the most special moments he has ever shared with his children. And it also helps Mom get more rest, which is vital for her. I took notes from him, now whether I actually drag myself out of bed or not... I can only hope I do the right thing.

He's dead on right. :thumb:

But it DOES get frustrating. You have to share those late night/early morning duties with her. Otherwise you'll go nuts.

Congratulations on becoming a dad, but where are teh pictures of this event :bhump:
:thumb::D

Richie!!!!wuv

Congrats my friend! Good to see things are looking up for you!!

Congratualtions! Will Mom be nursing or going the bottle route? Something to talk about now. If the former (which I think is best) she'll need lots of support from you as it's very tiring and for some a bit painful; if the latter just take it in turns.

Hello. It has been a long time, so I thought I'd drop in and say hi to the people that remember me.

Big news, I'm a DAD. Well, gonna be, whatever. Allie, my girlfriend, is about 4 1/2 months pregnant. I'm very excited about it. Scared a little, I guess, but they tell me that's normal.

We find out if it is a girl or a boy in about a week. :) I have a gut feeling that she is a girl, but you never know.

Oh, also, I'm doing great otherwise. Living the good life. Waiting for another Brady playoff win, like everyone else here.

Lockout sucks. Sydney Rice would be nice, but a pass rush would be nicer.

Randomness. That's about it.

wuv

Good to hear from you man! Stick around a while :zombie:

Congrats on the kid :toast:

That is awesome, I am very happy for you.

Hey kid, how could we forget you!!!! Happy things are going good for you and congrats on becoming a dad... Best job in the world, the reward is amazing.. Stick around if you can and as Taltos said prayers for a healthy happy baby are being said.

Congrats buddy. Fatherhood is special, in many ways. Keep us posted.

He's just now starting to sleep through the night

After only 2 months? And you are talking about tough times! :eek:

My wife nursed, so there wasn't much I could do to help her at night, aside from bringing the little one to her. But not a single one of my 3 children was sleeping through the night until after a year. My little three year old just started making it all the way a few months ago.

Somehow you :heart: wuv them anyway.

Congrats buddy. Fatherhood is special, in many ways. Keep us posted.

After only 2 months? And you are talking about tough times! :eek:

My wife nursed, so there wasn't much I could do to help her at night, aside from bringing the little one to her. But not a single one of my 3 children was sleeping through the night until after a year. My little three year old just started making it all the way a few months ago.

Somehow you :heart: wuv them anyway.
Yeah you do.

I think it is thelack of sleep that makes us crazy, only explanation I can find.

Back