So What About Jarrett Stidham

He was frustrated all right, and for a number or reasons. One is as you say, but he didn't handle it the way the earlier TFB did. He threw the ball into the turf a lot when not pressured. He screamed at rookie WRs when they didn't learn the offense perfectly quickly enough. He was frustrated, all right. And he behaved like he was, and his behavior was what I call checking out of his leadership role with the Pats.

He was also frustrated by the shift starting in 2018 to a more fun-based offense, and less input into the game plan.

And now he is in Tampa, where he has All-Pro WRs and TE. His coach loves him. Maybe he even has input into the game plan. He is happy and I'm happy for him.

We both know what happened. We each have different words to describe what happened, and probably someplace halfway between frustrated and checking out is the truth. But he wasn't TFB his last two years here and now he's TFB again. He obviously got what he wanted, or at least what he needed.
Yeah, he definitely wasn't himself 2 seasons ago. Get real.
3c792a42af1f4a3f635679fbc7b793d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yeah, he definitely wasn't himself 2 seasons ago. Get real.
3c792a42af1f4a3f635679fbc7b793d3.jpg

Nice photo of Brady in SB53. Was that his INT throw? Hey, a lot of players including Brady did their job in SB53 but that isn't the best 2018 game to make a case that TB was the same ol' TFB.

That game belonged Michel and Burkhead as their running won the game. That and the D who allowed 3 points. It was a perfectly planned game by Belichick.

Pats had $1M in cap left before the Hernandez and AB relief. That relief came well after Brady signed. There's no way Brady was ever signing for $1M.

BB saw how many players they'd have to lose to give Brady even a reasonable deal that he wouldn't laugh at. That's all that happened.

You're forgetting the money BB used to tag Thuney.
BB chose how to use that $15M - Thuney or Brady - BB chose Thuney. That's when we knew Brady was gone for certain. And BB didn't lose any "players they'd have to lose to give Brady even a reasonable deal", either. BB would never have given Collins and Van Noy those contracts.

Nice photo of Brady in SB53. Was that his INT throw? Hey, a lot of players including Brady did their job in SB53 but that isn't the best 2018 game to make a case that TB was the same ol' TFB.

That game belonged Michel and Burkhead as their running won the game. That and the D who allowed 3 points. It was a perfectly planned game by Belichick.
Yeah, he's celebrating an interception. Good god.

This is right after Tom hit Gronk to seal the SB win, but go ahead and find a way to piss and moan about that.

How'd Brady do against the Chargers and Chiefs to help lead the team into the SB? I'm sure you can find a way to do some mental gymnastics and convince yourself of some horse shit like Brady wasn't good in either game.

You're forgetting the money BB used to tag Thuney.
BB chose how to use that $15M - Thuney or Brady - BB chose Thuney. That's when we knew Brady was gone for certain. And BB didn't lose any "players they'd have to lose to give Brady even a reasonable deal", either. BB would never have given Collins and Van Noy those contracts.
Brady wasn't signing a year deal for $15M. We all know he wanted 2 years at least. There was no decision to be made.

Brady wasn't signing for $15M. There was no decision to be made.

No, lol, but he'd have signed for a sizable signing bonus spread out over multiple years. The cap is easily manipulated. It's done all the time to mitigate the effect of a big contract. Miguel published several ways the Pats could have easily signed him to a multiple year contract in 2019. BB chose not to and put an exclamation point on it by giving Thuney the $15M franchise tag in 2020.

It would also have been done easily in 2020. This is from 3/15/20.

"According to cap guru Miguel Benzan of the Boston Sports Journal, the cap space for the Patriots with a $200 million ceiling was $25.4 million. Still not a lot.
But the Pats can now cut that dead money hit in half to $6.75 million, which would be tacked onto whatever the new cap figure should Brady re-sign before hitting free agency.
So does Belichick make another run at Brady with a new set of rules, and the ability to maneuver a little better?

So the ball’s in Belichick’s court.
Did he indicate to Brady or imply his initial offer was solely based on not having a new CBA, and if that would change with a new agreement passed? That’s certainly possible. Brady seemed pleased with the new agreement, applauding NFLPA head DeMaurice Smith for his work getting it done.
Will Belichick and Brady speak again? That’s not out of the question prior to free agency opening. The Patriots can exclusively negotiate with Brady until noon Monday.
The guess here is there will be more discussion between the two GOATS. How do you let the best player in franchise history walk when there’s no viable solution as a replacement?
Maybe there’s another offer out there from Belichick. Maybe Brady will give the Patriots more latitude, given New England remains the best option for him going forward.
Or, it will be more of the same, continuing to indicate Belichick is ready to cut bait with the icon. It’s also possible Brady has already moved on from the Patriots after the bad taste left from the previous phone call with Belichick."

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/03/15/will-the-new-cba-soften-bill-belichicks-stance-on-tom-brady/

No, lol, but he'd have signed for a sizable signing bonus spread out over multiple years. The cap is easily manipulated. It's done all the time to mitigate the effect of a big contract. Miguel published several ways the Pats could have easily signed him to a multiple year contract in 2019. BB chose not to and put an exclamation point on it by giving Thuney the $15M franchise tag in 2020.

It would also have been done easily in 2020. This is from 3/15/20.

"According to cap guru Miguel Benzan of the Boston Sports Journal, the cap space for the Patriots with a $200 million ceiling was $25.4 million. Still not a lot.
But the Pats can now cut that dead money hit in half to $6.75 million, which would be tacked onto whatever the new cap figure should Brady re-sign before hitting free agency.
So does Belichick make another run at Brady with a new set of rules, and the ability to maneuver a little better?

So the ball’s in Belichick’s court.
Did he indicate to Brady or imply his initial offer was solely based on not having a new CBA, and if that would change with a new agreement passed? That’s certainly possible. Brady seemed pleased with the new agreement, applauding NFLPA head DeMaurice Smith for his work getting it done.
Will Belichick and Brady speak again? That’s not out of the question prior to free agency opening. The Patriots can exclusively negotiate with Brady until noon Monday.
The guess here is there will be more discussion between the two GOATS. How do you let the best player in franchise history walk when there’s no viable solution as a replacement?
Maybe there’s another offer out there from Belichick. Maybe Brady will give the Patriots more latitude, given New England remains the best option for him going forward.
Or, it will be more of the same, continuing to indicate Belichick is ready to cut bait with the icon. It’s also possible Brady has already moved on from the Patriots after the bad taste left from the previous phone call with Belichick."

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/03/15/will-the-new-cba-soften-bill-belichicks-stance-on-tom-brady/
Thanks chevss. I thought giving him the deal he wanted would have put the Pats in a spot where signing their draft picks would be tough, let alone getting any free agents. Tough to keep up on all the cap shit with having a one year old!

It's fine he moved on. I just don't believe for one second he ever checked out during the season. Too much of a competitor for that. He's been a psychotic competitor ever since he was battling for Michigan's starting QB job with Brian Griese.

Yeah, he's celebrating an interception. Good god.

This is right after Tom hit Gronk to seal the SB win, but go ahead and find a way to piss and moan about that.

How'd Brady do against the Chargers and Chiefs to help lead the team into the SB? I'm sure you can find a way to do some mental gymnastics and convince yourself of some horse shit like Brady wasn't good in either game.

Good grief!!!

Of course he threw the ball in the turf. He always has gotten rid of it like that. The line improved in pass protection a bit last year, but it was never consistent. There would be plays were he had a ton of time, then it would be like there wasn’t even a set of traffic cones stopping guys from getting into the backfield. Even when he had time no one was open, and the run game was trash.

Everyone’s real excited about cam now, but by mid season we are gonna be missing Brady a lot. He’s still playing high level football and the New England Patriots would be a better football team with him still on it.. If BB hadn’t blown 5 years of first and second round draft picks there may have been something to work with on offense. Of course he was frustrated. Hell I was ready to throw a brick at the tv watching Nick fffing Fowles hang 35 on the pats with butler on the sideline.

Brady should still be a Patriot

I'm not excited about Cam. I disliked him when he wasn't on my team and, for me, the jury is still out about him on MY team now. And if the Pats turn into the Celts or the Sox or Bruins and start kneeling then I'll be doing a lot more fishing on Sundays this year than I ever have and just move on from sports altogether...

Of course he threw the ball in the turf when not under pressure. He always has gotten rid of it like that.

He should be a Patriot.

Yes, he often threw the ball into the turf to avoid a sack. One of the many smart things he did. But you left out a couple of words I said. In 2017-8 he often threw the ball into the turf when not under pressure. Probably the wrong route was being done, he and the receiver were not on the same page with the option route. I know he was frustrated but why not wait until someone comes open. He is also super-familiar with the entire route tree so undoubtedly he knew which of the options his primary receiver was running. Why not throw to the route being run? Why throw the ball into the turf when he certainly knew the route being run?

Why not throw the ball to the receiver where he is. So he is two yards too deep on a slant. Make an adjustment, Tom. Don't slam the ball into the turf when not under pressure because a rookie is two yards to deep? Why not throw to a secondary or tertiary receiver. Why throw the ball into the turf when not under pressure? He didn't do that 2016 and earlier. What changed him?

I don't know what caused the change, but the resultant attitude was obvious to me.

He was and is still the GOAT. But his attitude for whatever reason took a dive. I believe it had to do with his relationship with Belichick because he is the same old TFB in Tampa and good for him.

The change was good for him. He left and it worked out for him. Don't begrudge him that.

and yet a huge throw by Brady in crunch time to seal the game with a pats TD. He also moved the chains over and over with throws to edelman keeping the rams off the field. Everyone did their jobs including Brady. Box scores do not tell the whole story of a game.

and yet a huge throw by Brady in crunch time to seal the game with a pats TD. He also moved the chains over and over with throws to edelman keeping the rams off the field. Everyone did their jobs including Brady. Box scores do not tell the whole story of a game.

No huge TD throw in crunch time. We were talking about SB53.

SB53 was a great game. Everyone did their job as I said. Not sure what your issue is. I said everyone did their job. Brady to Edelman as you said for lots of third down conversions. Great game plan by BB. Defense held Rams to 3 points. Michel and Burkhead ran wild, scored the game's only TD, kept us out of third-and-long, and wore down the Rams D. Only one turnover. Full team effort. That Superbowl is second only to the Atlanta one IMO.

But right now my QB is Cam Newton. Jarrett Stidham is my QB of the future. Those are the guys I'm excited about. I loved Brady, Van Noy, Flowers, etc. etc. while they were here. Love what they did while they were here. Wish them the best now that they are gone, but unlike some, now I have only mild interest in them now, mostly to see how they do without BB. So many great Patriots didn't do as well without BB makes me curious to see how they do elsewhere.

Two weeks until football. Go Cam!!!!!

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

I'm not excited about Cam. I disliked him when he wasn't on my team and, for me, the jury is still out about him on MY team now.

Hey, If Rodney Harrison can go from a player I hated to a player I loved simply by changing into a Pats uni, getting excited for Cam Newton is a piece of cake for me.

I'm not excited about Cam. I disliked him when he wasn't on my team and, for me, the jury is still out about him on MY team now. And if the Pats turn into the Celts or the Sox or Bruins and start kneeling then I'll be doing a lot more fishing on Sundays this year than I ever have and just move on from sports altogether...

We actually agree on something...interesting. :peace:

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Tom does everything...

I’m not expecting Cam or Stidham to be here in three years.

You peeked at:

https://www.deagel.com/country/United States of America

USA population foecast...didn't you? :coffee:

fwiw, they are a LEGIT company that works with USA INC. NOT kidding...think about it.

You expect the US to lose 70% of the population in the next five years?

And the entire world to lose 8% of its population?

And by those figures the entire world's population goes down by 15 million people of which 227 million are from the US.

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but what is going to happen in the next five years to make the US lose 227 million people and the rest of the entire world lose 288 million people??????

You expect the US to lose 70% of the population in the next five years?

And the entire world to lose 8% of its population?

And by those figures the entire world's population goes down by 15 million people of which 227 million are from the US.

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but what is going to happen in the next five years to make the US lose 227 million people and the rest of the entire world lose 288 million people??????

Are you dumb af? Read what I said a few times...they work with USA INC. Look up Agenda 21 (I already know for a fact that you NEVER did this yet). Look Up "THE GREAT RESET"...if you can type that.

You CAN'T be this naive...pig fvcker even got this. Seriously...is he way smarter than YOU?

Are you dumb af? Read what I said a few times...they work with USA INC. Look up Agenda 21 (I already know for a fact that you NEVER did this yet). Look Up "THE GREAT RESET"...if you can type that.

You CAN'T be this naive...pig fvcker even got this. Seriously...is he way smarter than YOU?

I know about The Great Reset. It was written in 2010 about the 2008 recession and how it would destroy the US and capitalism within five years.

But I was right. I do regret asking. Should've stuck with Jarrett Stidham.

Back