So where do the Colts stand in the 00s?

Alco

Much Patriots
Reaction score
It's fairly obvious they don't belong in the same discussion with the Pats. I'd have to go ahead and put the Steelers above them.

Guess I put them in 3rd with a quick mention that they were also absolutely owned by a team that never won a Superbowl this past decade.

What a joke that the Colts team had co-winners for all decade team.

Well you have the argument of consistency year in and year out, the Steelers missed the playoffs often.

Well you have the argument of consistency year in and year out, the Steelers missed the playoffs often.

QB changes
Coaching changes
Injury to starting QB
Beat COlts on the way to Superbowl

Oh and that sticky little
2 > 1

Colts deserve to be at the kid's table. They are tied with NYG and are one step above the Ravens (who won just once despite being a contender most years).

Decade teams:

1.) Patriots - 3 titles, 4 Super Bowls and a 16-0 season
2.) Steelers - 2 titles
3.) Colts - 1 title, 2 Super Bowls
4.) Giants - 1 title, 2 Super Bowls
5.) Ravens/Bucs - 1 Title

Colts were the Atlanta Braves of the 2000's.

QB changes
Coaching changes
Injury to starting QB
Beat COlts on the way to Superbowl

Oh and that sticky little
2 > 1
You can't really make those excuses, What if the Colts took leaf? i could point to that and say "Well we had to switch QB's" or something like that.

It's fairly obvious they don't belong in the same discussion with the Pats. I'd have to go ahead and put the Steelers above them.

Guess I put them in 3rd with a quick mention that they were also absolutely owned by a team that never won a Superbowl this past decade.

No. The Pats were absolutely owned by the Saints this year. :D

The SB was close up until the last 5 minutes of the game.

THEN things went to shit. >)

You can't really make those excuses, What if the Colts took leaf? i could point to that and say "Well we had to switch QB's" or something like that.

The colts have had the same OC, same DC, same line coaches, same Qb, same receivers, there is a ton of consistancy the colts have had over teh past decade that some teams have not. Its not a bad thing, I wish the pats could have done that, but teams were picking us apart.

You know whats amazing? the pats have not won a playoff game since 2006, and they still have more playoff wins than the colts this decade.

The colts have had the same OC, same DC, same line coaches, same Qb, same receivers, there is a ton of consistancy the colts have had over teh past decade that some teams have not. Its not a bad thing, I wish the pats could have done that, but teams were picking us apart.

IMO you can't hold that against them, that shows good managment and getting the right guys in there early.

Colts deserve to be at the kid's table. They are tied with NYG and are one step above the Ravens (who won just once despite being a contender most years).

Decade teams:

2.) Steelers - 2 titles

Patriots: 126 wins (#1); 3 World Championships (#1); 4 Conference Championships (#1); 5 Conference Championship Game Appearances (#1); 7 Division Championships (#1); 1 16-0 season (#1).

Post-season record v.: Colts (2-1); Steelers (2-0)

Steelers: 10-4 post-season record; 2 Super Bowls; 2 conference championships; 4 conference championship appearances; 5 division titles; post-season record v. Patriots (0-2); v. Colts (1-0)

Colts: 9-8 post-season record; 1 Super Bowl; 2 conference championships; 3 conference championship appearances; 6 division titles; post-season record v. Patriots (1-2); v. Steelers (0-1)

Decade teams:

2.) Steelers - 2 titles

Can't disagree with this.

You know whats amazing? the pats have not won a playoff game since 2006, and they still have more playoff wins than the colts this decade.
Its not that amazing when you consider the fact that the Pats are the best team of this decade.

C'mon man.

Actually I have to take that back. What do the Steelers look like for playoff wins? They have to be close to the Pats.

I was refering to the Chargers. I'm still debating who's more their bitch you guys or Denver. :D

Its not that amazing when you consider the fact that the Pats are the best team of this decade.

C'mon man.

Actually I have to take that back. What do the Steelers look like for playoff wins? They have to be close to the Pats.

The pats have the most wins counting playoff wins.

Back