Spygate article

vertigho

Reaction score
Apologies for the alarming thread title, but I'm currently having a conversation on another forum with a Colts fan who just referenced that spying nonsense.

I recall reading a brilliant article from ESPN that was posted here, completely debunking the "cheating" notion. I can't seem to find it at this time and would like to forward it to this ignoramus.

Would someone be so kind as to post the link here? Thanks!

Why are you wasting your time? Fans from these other teams think the Patriots are responsible for everything from the Hindenberg to the Great Depression to the Kennedy Assassination to...whatever else, and you presenting them with facts isn't going to matter.

I promise.

Jealousy's a bitch.

Probably won't change his mind, but it may shut him up.

It may actually make him privy to stuff he had no idea about. The misconceptions regarding the situation run rampant and people assume what they're told to be true. I don't think a lot actually know what went down. That's their own problem but there's no harm in attempting to show them the light.

Probably won't change his mind, but it may shut him up.

It may actually make him privy to stuff he had no idea about. The misconceptions regarding the situation run rampant and people assume what they're told to be true. I don't think a lot actually know what went down. That's their own problem but there's no harm in attempting to show them the light.

I promise you that they won't care. Trust me, I've tried so many times.

"Facts, schmacts, Belichick DEBBIL"

Fans of teams other than the Patriots are clearly inferior mentally (I'd say bordering on brain dead) because they all had the chance to cheer for the best franchise in the history of sports and instead chose to cheer for an inferior one.

You might as well have a conversation with a gerbil.

I actually managed to find the ESPN article and I posted that for him to read, along with stating what everyone here has referenced -- the location of the camera being the crux of the issue, etc.

Got this in response:

You can rationalize it how you want with however many paragraphs and essays as you can write. The fact remains the patriots were caught cheating and were punished accordingly.

All I did was note what is conventional wisdom as far as the patriots are concerned. Great football organization though.

You were right from the get-go Tommy. It's like reasoning with a wall. Dropping the topic and moving along now...

Since the, "I told you so" line is ripe for the picking, feel free. ROFL

Here's the deal. If we were fans of of a team that always were getting their ass kicked by another team, we would hate them and try to find ways to demean them.

Now Bob Krafts biggest mistake as an owner was to accept the overreach by Goodell in the punishment that he handed down. He should have told Goodell that we would accept the loss of a 4th rounder IF Goodell made a statement that it wasn't cheating and there was now competitive advantage gained from what was done.

But by accepting the penalty, he has given ammo to those haters who's penis envy is driving them crazy. So, you can talk rational to those who are irrational and it won't do you any good.

PS: If you ever mention ***gate again, I'll put you on ignore.

I actually managed to find the ESPN article and I posted that for him to read, along with stating what everyone here has referenced -- the location of the camera being the crux of the issue, etc.

Got this in response:

You were right from the get-go Tommy. It's like reasoning with a wall. Dropping the topic and moving along now...

Since the, "I told you so" line is ripe for the picking, feel free. ROFL

Nah. Live and Learn.

But if you want some entertaining stuff about Spygate, that book D22 wrote a couple years ago - there's a thread about it in the AA, and had been bumped in the last couple of days. The reviews on his book were pretty damn funny :)

Let them hate, and we can just watch the NFL's Model Franchise every week.

PS: If you ever mention ***gate again, I'll put you on ignore.

Heh. *ducks for cover*

Nah. Live and Learn.

But if you want some entertaining stuff about Spygate, that book D22 wrote a couple years ago - there's a thread about it in the AA, and had been bumped in the last couple of days. The reviews on his book were pretty damn funny :)

Sounds quite, err, fascinating. I'll have to check it out.

edit: reading now. this is gold.

Let them hate, and we can just watch the NFL's Model Franchise every week.

Amen.

Did you guys know that the media has a way of attaching the word "Gate" to all modern scandals? It's a nod to Watergate.....

Looked O'Leary up on Facebook and Twitter.

Whatever reviewer said his drivel reads like an ESPN messageboard is 100% accurate. His twitter is a complete ****ing embarrassment.

Looked O'Leary up on Facebook and Twitter.

Whatever reviewer said his drivel reads like an ESPN messageboard is 100% accurate. His twitter is a complete ****ing embarrassment.

You should read all his stuff archived in the AA. His Username is "Dolphin22"

Back