Star Wars - The Book Of Boba Fett / Mandalorian / Disney+ shows

I saw a fan film a long time ago called (I think) Episode Zero. It was about the first Jedi & With, how they got their powers, why they became enemies, etc. It was surprisingly good (and maybe an hour or so long!) but I could never find it again.

The old "accidental tweet by someone at LucasFilm" indicated the the Obi Wan Kenobi Disney+ show would premier on May 4th. They deleted it and claimed they were talking about a comic book. I'm actually not expecting Obi Wan that quickly and expect The Bad Batch season 2 to premier on May 4th, and that they will announce the actual premier on May 4th, but it will be maybe in the fall, with Mandalorian Season 3 likely debuting in December of this year
Andor series might be ready to go May 4th or maybe in the summer.
Since the animated shows don't have the cache of live-action, I could see both Bad Batch (with each episode premiering on one day) and Andor on another

Who has the most money? Bruce Wayne, Lex Luthor, or Tony Stark?
UT - do we have the spoiler tags still ? (or equivalent)
would like to discuss/post about todays Book of Boba Fett finale, but prefer to use those tags if we have them.
note - I know I can just put ** SPOILERS ** but if someone opens the thread and it starts at the first unread post - mine - they might miss that.

UT - do we have the spoiler tags still ? (or equivalent)
would like to discuss/post about todays Book of Boba Fett finale, but prefer to use those tags if we have them.
note - I know I can just put ** SPOILERS ** but if someone opens the thread and it starts at the first unread post - mine - they might miss that.
never mind, found it!

reminder for others
{spoiler} stuff you don't want to spoil {/Spoiler}
but use [ ] and not curly... if I use [ it will hide what I'm typing :)

My thoughts on the season finale, using Spoiler tag thingy just in case:

Had mixed feelings about this. part of it is that one of the biggest moments didn't surprise me - Boba Fett riding in on his Rancor. that was speculated all week and I need to stop checking out those Star Wars youtube shows or I'll get potential surprises.. well spoiled.
Was a bit too much going on here, and I just don't care for the "mods" on their goofy looking speeder bikes. that just isn't working for me.
Black Krrrysanthan or however you spell it is cool, but he got shot like 10 - 15 times and kept on going. Plot armor I suppose
Grogu coming back was expected, but maybe they should have waited on this Mando Grogu stuff until Mandalorian Season 3. The prev 2 episodes of BoBF were great with Mando Grogu then Luke and Ahsoka.
so overall on the series I'm mixed. I see people rating it 6/10... I'd say maybe 6.8/10. Some stuff was cool but some episodes were a bit weak (ep1, ep3 in particular).

I thought it was...fine. A little much, I think, but if star wars believes in anything, it believes in "go big or go home." Really, riding the rancor and defending a town are remarkably small stakes for a star wars property.

I just think the amount of wasted potential here was enormous, especially with the Mandalorian crossover. So much emotional space could have been explored between elder legend bounty hunter and the young buck. Between a true believer and the ultimate pragmatist. Between one fighting and loathing the empire, an ally of the Jedi who by rights should be their enemy...but who loves and travels with one, and one who literally owes his very existence to the empire and both his most formative tragic moment and his presumptive death to the Jedi.

We also didn't really see much of what we'd expect when the legendary Boba Fett and a high-end member of "the greatest warriors in the galaxy" got into a fight with overwhelming odds. Where was the outthinking, outflanking, the brilliant tactics and odds-eveners? Instead, we had what was essentially Deus ex machina with the Rancor (which had been ignored for several episodes, and somehow never came up in the planning or even in-battle communication?) and (from their perspective) with Grogu. The Freetowners showing up was predictable from a plot perspective, but Deus ex from the protagonist's perspective.

But basically even if everything was exactly as they thought it would be going into the fight - neutral Mos Espa powers, Marshall and the Freetowners show up to help, but no Rancor or Grogu...they lose that fight to the Pikes, Cad Bane, and the droids. Especially because their strategy of splitting up all their key forces was insane. If the Pikes just came directly at Boba's home base (guarded by the Freetowners, Mando, and Boba) with their full force, they roll.
Their strategy took the Mods, Santo, and the Gammorians totally out of the fight for a very small benefit. You use cheap (and hidden/blended-in) scouts for that, not your best fighters.

I'm not saying I expect a master class in tactics, but I do expect to see something special when the best warriors in the galaxy team up, and we didn't get that.
We basically got a typical star wars "heroes hit with every shot, bad guys can't hit anything" battle. I mean, those droids couldn't hit even the empty spaces in a crowd that filled the entire street running away - they continually shot above them and behind them.

I thought this show as a whole was saved by the politics and overall themes. Where Mando was about honor and purpose, this was about respect and the responsibilities of power - when to take it, and what it is for.

Last edited:
I assume the rancor was left out of a few episodes so people "kinda forgot" about him to make it a "dramatic surprise".
good points, it was just kinda poorly done/weak/predictable, and they could have done what you said with Mando and Boba. they spent a lot of time with Boba and the Tuskans, then a couple of Mandalorian episodes, then this overloaded finale.
As I saw someone say, why didn't Boba get his ship and blast those droids!
I enjoyed it and I'm not one to get too picky, but after how good EP5 and 6 were, this was a bit of a let down.

I assume the rancor was left out of a few episodes so people "kinda forgot" about him to make it a "dramatic surprise".
good points, it was just kinda poorly done/weak/predictable, and they could have done what you said with Mando and Boba. they spent a lot of time with Boba and the Tuskans, then a couple of Mandalorian episodes, then this overloaded finale.
As I saw someone say, why didn't Boba get his ship and blast those droids!
I enjoyed it and I'm not one to get too picky, but after how good EP5 and 6 were, this was a bit of a let down.
I agree with this. And Favreau does a great job at capturing the feel of star wars with his own western spin, vs most of the other recent star wars properties.

Overall, big thumbs up for BoBF and Mando.

I agree with most of what PF44 and Flagg have said.
I am somewhat surprised that the first few episodes that shed some light on the background of one of the biggest fictional character enigmas ever was received as "slow," but I agree. Go figure.
This was a good show and definitely built up momentum the later we got into the season. The finale was predictable and I saw everything coming minutes before it happened. I will say that I was surprised to see Cad Bane killed - for no other reason than that character is SO FUCKING COOL! Other than the movies, I am not as cultivated on Star Wars canon outside of the films, so I am not sure if his demise was also predictable.
Biggest complaint on the season were the Mods. So unlikeable, and so forced. I hope Favreau can make a Jar Jar Binks-like correction with them with season 2.

If you're my age, Boba Fett was so cool growing up. I'd have preferred they chronical the Boba Fett, pre-Empire Strikes Back, but I knew we weren't getting that. I'd imagine Boba's good fortune of surviving the Sarlacc Pitt, along with his surprising bond with the Tusken Raiders played a role in his changed outlook, and why he was compelled to feel he needed to stay and protect these these folks. I also found the manner in which he defeated Cad Bane to be a nice tribute to the Tuskens, bringing us full circle on this "new" Boba Fett.

As far as Grogu is concerned, I felt it would have been better not to reveal to us that he was on-planet. All of the same things could have still occurred, and we'd be left to wonder who the mystery ally was. (Maybe it wouldn't have been all that much of a mystery, but a nugget of a cliffhanger would have been better).

From the above, I probably sounds as though I am not giving this season its proper due, but it wasn't as good as The Mandalorian. I thoroughly enjoyed. I'd give it a 6/10, only because I can't help but compare it to The Mandalorian. I am optimistic because season 2 of The Mandalorian wildly exceeded my expectations, and BoBF has nowhere to go but up, IMO.

Cad Bane was in a lot of "The Clone Wars" animated show. they mentioned somewhere in BoBF that he was old(er) so killing him off isn't to much of a stretch, especially with the history between Boba and Cad that was in "The clone wars" (not sure if Cad was ever in Rebels).
Some of the other shows coming out might be able to use him if they are set before he was killed (obviously :) )

the Mods gotta go... that "chase" in (I think) EP 3 was an embarrasement. someone said it was like a slow kiddie ride

Can we discuss the last episode openly now?

I Hope Please GIF

Back