Star Wars - The Book Of Boba Fett / Mandalorian / Disney+ shows

Patriots44

call me... P Quatro, Quatro
Reaction score
Anyone watching these on Disney+ ?
I'm a big star wars fan/nerd, and will watch anything - Animated shows, movies, streaming series, you name it - so I've watched both the Mandalorian seasons 1 and 2 and Book of Boba Fett the day a new episode drops
I didn't think it was Planet Thread worthy until these last 2 episodes of BoBF (which if you have seen them were like Mandalorian season 2.5)
Seems like Disney+ is indeed moving Star Wars into an MCU Universe like setup where things cross over into each other (not a big MCU person... I like some shows but usually find there's just too much going on with way too many characters... but I didn't grow up with them so maybe that's on me)

consider this a spoiler alert. not sure if we still have "Spoiler tags" (mods ??) but I will personally start any post with Spoiler by stating that in the first line of the post. if Mods confirm spoilers then so be it, but I'm thinking this can be a discussion on any of the shows: Mandalorian, The Bad Batch, BoBF, upcoming shows like Ahsoka, Andor and Obi Wan Kenobi, and even the earlier pre-Disney+ stuff that you can now stream like The Clone Wars & Rebels (lets leave Resistance out of this, I did watch it but regret it).

I hadn't plan on watching but the fact you wrote: which if you have seen them were like Mandalorian season 2.5 makes me curious.

Loved Mandalorian.

Spoiler Alerts for Book of Boba Fett Ep 5 & 6

.... ready, you have been warned of spoilers....

So Mando (Din Djarin) returning for Ep 5 was awesome. I loved how he was back to Bounty Hunting, but with a purpose (find the Armour and whoever was left). I thought the idea that the Dark Saber is very heavy to him shows not just anyone can wield a light saber (a retcon from some earlier stuff, but maybe they will explain that)
They also did a good job of explaining (cover their butts) on how Bo-Katan could take the dark saber as a "gift" and what that lead too.
Peli Motto is a riot and having a BD droid like the on in Fallen Order (love that game... consider it open for discussion in this thread) was a good addition

EP 6- big Spoilers!
Luke training Grogu. watched this twice already. thought they did it really well, showing Grogu having early troubles but starting to "get it". Having Ahsoka meet Mando and explain how Grogu misses him, but to see Mando again would just make it harder. hit me in the "feels". looking forward to see which Grogu chooses (chain mail or lightsaber)

I hadn't plan on watching but the fact you wrote: which if you have seen them were like Mandalorian season 2.5 makes me curious.

Loved Mandalorian.
if you don't feel like watching the first 4 ep. of BoBF you can just watch EP5 and 6 and it's not a problem. Boba and Fennic are barely in those 2 ep's

I loved The Mandalorian and thought Boba Fett started slow, but is coming on strong. It was pretty hard to
beat the bond that grew between Grogu ("Baby Yoda") and Mando. My biggest complaint with either is that
is sucks to wait a whole week for a new one and the episodes are too brief for my tastes.

I recommend The Mandalorian to people that really aren't into Star Wars by telling them it's like an early
Clint Eastwood spaghetti western, only set on other planets, which is a pretty obvious analogy, I think. These new series don't have
the massive, convoluted political storylines, which I always found boring. You really don't need to know anything about Star Wars to
watch and enjoy this series, I don't believe, although it would help to comprehend the big picture.

As an aside, I find the CGI on this series to be some of the best I've ever seen. The latest Boba Fett has a scene of "Mando" taking
his new star-fighter on a test drive and just watching him flying it around looked spectacular. More organic, somehow, than
most all CGI stuff I've seen.

This IS the way. It's better than any of the Star Wars films, imo, not to offend the purists.

I'm impressed with both series, though CGI young Luke creeps me out. It's his voice, but without emotion, and his face, without micro expression. It's weird. It worked pretty well for the short, smoke and action filled scene at the end of Mando S2, but for extended discussions...not a fan.

We thoroughly enjoyed the Mandalorian which was awesome. We plan on catching up on Boba Fett this weekend because this IS the way ;)

The Mandalorian is thoroughly enjoyable. Even my 91 year old mom likes it (mostly for Baby Yoda). We're 4 episodes into Boba Fett and liking it.
Another excellent show on Disney+ is The Right Stuff, a gritty look at the Mercury 7 astronauts.

The Mandalorian is thoroughly enjoyable. Even my 91 year old mom likes it (mostly for Baby Yoda). We're 4 episodes into Boba Fett and liking it.
Another excellent show on Disney+ is The Right Stuff, a gritty look at the Mercury 7 astronauts.
it is BoBF EP5 and 6 that have really cranked it up!
the first 4 were (for me) a mixed bag. i enjoyed all of them, but ep 2 and 4 were better then 1 and 3

I'm impressed with both series, though CGI young Luke creeps me out. It's his voice, but without emotion, and his face, without micro expression. It's weird. It worked pretty well for the short, smoke and action filled scene at the end of Mando S2, but for extended discussions...not a fan.
There's no way around that being fake and they should just recast Luke (supposedly Sebastian Stan looks just like Luke would at this age in the SW timeline). Still pretty good.
I don't want Luke to be a regular anyway, have him pop up when it means something important.

I really enjoy the show but right now I'm just a little confused. 5 & 6 have been the best episodes so far but I don't think that they should be focusing this much on Mando when this is supposed to be Boba Fett's show. I guess as long as they start focusing on him again after this episode.

I really enjoy the show but right now I'm just a little confused. 5 & 6 have been the best episodes so far but I don't think that they should be focusing this much on Mando when this is supposed to be Boba Fett's show. I guess as long as they start focusing on him again after this episode.
one episode (5) doing that made sense as a side diversion and also to insure there's Buzz (when they are writing the season, there may be concern that a Boba only focus may not draw the audience they are hoping for). They also seem to be going the MCU route of mixing characters and stories into each other. I expect Boba/Fennic to pop up in Mandalorian Season 3, Luke, grogu and maybe mando in the Ahsoka series coming (I believe) next year. who knows, but expect lots of cross-overs and cameos

was a little surprised ep 6 was also mostly a diversion... maybe a big setup for season finale next wed ??

I thought I was a big Star Wars nerd but a lot of the stories that are canon (outside of the 9 movies) are not something I have followed to great lengths. A friend of mine strongly recommends that I go back and watch the animated Clone Wars series, as many of these characters have popped up in The Mandalorian as well as BoBF.

I can say for anyone who has resisted, you do not have to be a Star Wars fan to enjoy The Mandalorian. It has 2 seasons and is easily a top-10, must-watch show from the past decade. It is incredibly well-done.

As far as Book of Boba Fett goes, anyone who even had a tingle for Star Wars has always been enamored with his character. I agree that the first few episodes dragged a bit, but this show has really picked up the pace. We tune in every Wednesday after dinner.

Additionally, I've enjoyed all of the Marvel series as well. WandaVision, Loki and Hawkeye, in particular (but won't go detail here as they are all available to binge-watch on Disney+)

Thanks for starting this thread, look forward to checking in on future episodes.

one episode (5) doing that made sense as a side diversion and also to insure there's Buzz (when they are writing the season, there may be concern that a Boba only focus may not draw the audience they are hoping for). They also seem to be going the MCU route of mixing characters and stories into each other. I expect Boba/Fennic to pop up in Mandalorian Season 3, Luke, grogu and maybe mando in the Ahsoka series coming (I believe) next year. who knows, but expect lots of cross-overs and cameos

was a little surprised ep 6 was also mostly a diversion... maybe a big setup for season finale next wed ??
Holy crap. I didn't realize there were only going to be 7 episodes. Yeah, I like that even less. If there were 8 episodes then they would potentially still have time to build things up a bit.

My biggest complaint with either is that
is sucks to wait a whole week for a new one and the episodes are too brief for my tastes.
I actually love that they do this. I would rather not have the option to binge watch something. Take Cobra Kai for example. Why wife and I burned through the last season over two sittings and easily could have done it in one but decided to save the last two episodes for the next day. Knowing that there is going to be an episode every Wednesday gives me something to look forward to.

Thanks just put the right stuff my watch list. Fan of Mando but haven’t started BBF yet

after next weeks BoBF I'm not sure when the next "new" show will start. likely season 2 of The Bad Batch (animated if you didn't know) with some rumors that it will start on May 4th ("star wars day"). likely some kind of announcement or tease at the end of next weeks Season 1 finale of BoBF (if they are going to steal all the MCU ideas)

Who has the most money? Bruce Wayne, Lex Luthor, or Tony Stark?

My issue with the Mandalorian was it turned into a Star Wars version of the A Team. poor oppressed community needs a hero to save them from the big bad oppressor, just call Hannibal Smith. Sorry, Mando.

Back