Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Annihilus

Zen Powered by Death Buddhists
Reaction score
Woohoo!!! Nerds rejoice!
A nice, meaty teaser/trailer featuring some of the major players!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ngElkyQ6Rhs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm still not convinced these are the droids I'm looking for.

I'm confident that these will rock (at least this first one).

Disney has done an outstanding job with the Marvel universe, I don't see why it should be any different with Star Wars.

Luckily, they've given the reins to JJ Abrams, so all that stupidity from the last three abominations is behind us.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not to mention having Lawrence Kasdan as one of the writers (Empire Strikes Back).

Plus, Lucas is nowhere in sight, thankfully.

Our local multiplex has 10 screens. I'd be absolutely shocked if they didn't dedicate at least 6 screens for the midnight showing, because there's going to be a run on tickets as soon as they go on sale.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm confident that these will rock (at least this first one).

Disney has done an outstanding job with the Marvel universe, I don't see why it should be any different with Star Wars.
I'm setting the bar very low.

Not to mention having Lawrence Kasdan as one of the writers (Empire Strikes Back).

Plus, Lucas is nowhere in sight, thankfully.

I don't know, he's a pretty good second unit director.

From Wiki.

The functions of the second unit vary, but typically the first unit films the key face-to-face drama between the principal actors. Two frequent ways a second unit is used are:

Action sequences. Action sequences are often filmed in discrete locations, using stunt performers, rather than the principal cast, and requiring significantly different filming arrangements than for ordinary scenes. Therefore, they are an obvious opportunity for second unit shooting.

"Pick-ups". After the main unit has finished on a set or location, there may be shots that require some or all of this setting as background but that don't require the principal actors. These shots might include things such as close-ups, inserts, cutaways, and establishing shots.

The part in blue is why he can do this well.

Not to mention having Lawrence Kasdan as one of the writers (Empire Strikes Back). Plus, Lucas is nowhere in sight, thankfully.

Wow. I didn't know Lawrence Kasdan was involved. That IS good news.

I don't know, he's a pretty good second unit director.

From Wiki.

The part in blue is why he can do this well.

His directing skills are the least of his problems when it came to the prequels. It was his hands in everything else that messed those up. He might have been a good technician (re: THX 1138) but his storytelling got really messy and his influence really screwed things up. I probably wouldn't go see the new movie if he had anything to do with it.

But as it stands...woohoo!

I literally had a tear roll down my face seeing Chewie and Han at the end. And the visual of the downed Star Destroyer........HOLY F!!!!!!!

His directing skills are the least of his problems when it came to the prequels. It was his hands in everything else that messed those up. He might have been a good technician (re: THX 1138) but his storytelling got really messy and his influence really screwed things up. I probably wouldn't go see the new movie if he had anything to do with it.

But as it stands...woohoo!

Well maybe I wasn't clear.

He's pretty good at doing action sequences. Those are the technical things you mention.

He's horrible at working with actors to get them to perform, as was pretty evident in the prequels.

Also, it's a given that the second unit director doesn't have a whole lot of influence on the story, script, etc. They simply execute what the main director, writer and producer tells them to do.

Not so for Han. Looks like he just crawled out of a plane wreck. :coffee:

Too soon?

Cheers, BostonTim

You mean he looks like he did here?

sdsn001%20(1)e.jpg

:jedi-smiley:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_th2keiChs4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back