Steelers Brought Pain To NE

If it was clean and 'justified' why the flag? I know, because it's Bob Kraft stadium:high:

Welker had let up, the play was over.

Gee whiz, we haven't seen any hits this year that were unjustifiably flagged huh?:rolleyes:

The hit was flagged because Goodell is pussifying this league. Unfortunately for him and everyone else..........the Steelers will play the game the way it's meant to be played regardless. They're already on record as being content to paying fines. They aren't changing a thing.

And unfortunately for you and Wes Welker.......Welker doesn't get to decide when the play is over. Only the ref's whistle can do that. And on that particular play the ball was in the air, the whistle had NOT been blown, and the play was live. What all that means is that Welker was fair game. And it was a thing of beauty watching him get his hefty dose of come-uppance. And he'll think twice about letting up over he middle against the Steelers while the play is live for the rest of his career. I must've watched that clip over 100 times today. It never gets old. The best part is the look of pure terror on his face in my avatar pic.

And what an amusing sight it was to see Bill Beliche@t of all people having a hissy fit about Clark's alleged taunting of Gaffney. This coming from the guy who chose to run up the score in the final minute last week against a team who was down multiple scores rather than kneeling on the ball........after the Dolphins had kneeled on the ball rather than doing the same when they could have earlier this year. After all, the Fins were pimp-smacking you guys all over the field in that first game.

Gee whiz, we haven't seen any hits this year that were unjustifiably flagged huh?:rolleyes:

The hit was flagged because Goodell is pussifying this league. Unfortunately for him and everyone else..........the Steelers will play the game the way it's meant to be played regardless. They're already on record as being content to paying fines. They aren't changing a thing.

And unfortunately for you and Wes Welker.......Welker doesn't get to decide when the play is over. Only the ref's whistle can do that. And on that particular play the ball was in the air, the whistle had NOT been blown, and the play was live. What all that means is that Welker was fair game. And it was a thing of beauty watching him get his hefty dose of come-uppance. And he'll think twice about letting up over he middle against the Steelers while the play is live for the rest of his career. I must've watched that clip over 100 times today. It never gets old. The best part is the look of pure terror on his face in my avatar pic.

And what an amusing sight it was to see Bill Beliche@t of all people having a hissy fit about Clark's alleged taunting of Gaffney. This coming from the guy who chose to run up the score in the final minute last week against a team who was down multiple scores rather than kneeling on the ball........after the Dolphins had kneeled on the ball rather than doing the same when they could have earlier this year. After all, the Fins were pimp-smacking you guys all over the field in that first game.

Good evening dickwad, and unfortunately for you and Clark the the NFL will weigh in on what is and isn't a clean play, as your boy launched himself at Welker, whose hands were down. 50K and a suspension comin at ya brotha.
Who will take his place against the ratbirds?
I'm sure the league will take note of your epic display of football knowledge before it doles out punishment though.

And if you had actually watched the Miami game you wouldn't call it running up the score, it was pretty much both teams scoring at will and it would be crazy to not put the game away. Running up the score... that's so "last year".... couldn't you do any better than that?

they forget all the launching they do... remember the Rams 2001 SB alone...they had like 5-8 plays that should have been penalized for launching with the crown of the helmet...

Too bad it was legal then.

Whoever does it, from whatever team, it's illegal.

33-10 win, but what I loved most was trying to end Welker's career. I wanted either Cassel, Moss, or Welker in a body cast and their career's over, but I got the next best thing and that was to see 1 of 3 get the snot knocked out of him.

How's Wood's mouth doing? I see we knocked out some of this teeth (the few that he had left).

ROFL!

You guys are so lowly!

Thanks for giving me the excuse I needed. I thought this had been done last year. I guess it's just a year late.

your absolutely right but not when the game is played in Gillette and it happens to a Patsie...not to mention it was a completely legal hit shoulder to shoulder..

The "ONLY" reason the flag was thrown was basically Welker was hot too hard...Love this game of Football...god forbid all those new woman & children they attracted to this sport see a hit that hard...it has to be stopped !!!

Typical dumb dumb, 100% wrong. RG posted this on the mainboard.

http://articles.latimes.com/2003/aug/03/sports/sp-nflrules3

Vicious Tacklers Will Take Big Hit From NFL Officials

By Lonnie White
August 03, 2003

It’s late in the afternoon practice Friday and San Diego quarterback Drew Brees throws a slant pass to rookie receiver Kassim Osgood. But just as the pass reaches Osgood’s hands, defensive back Drayton Florence charges into the play and lunges at his teammate.

According to referee Terry McAulay, if Florence leaves his feet to make the same type of play during the regular season, he will pick up a 15-yard personal foul penalty because the NFL has done a better job of defining what is an illegal hit and what’s not.

“It doesn’t even have to be a helmet-to-helmet hit,” said McAulay at the Chargers’ training camp at the Home Depot Center in Carson.

“Launching with a shoulder would be a foul too. The key is, you can’t launch at anyone that is defenseless, usually meaning receivers and quarterbacks. When you jump in the air and launch yourself into a hit, that’s a foul.”

Violent big hits may be a key reason behind the NFL’s popularity, but that’s not stopping the league from from clamping down even more on dangerous hits that could lead to injuries. But it’s a fine line in determining when a player is defenseless.

“If you have two feet on the ground with the ball, then you’re a runner and you’re not defenseless,” McAulay said. “The league just wants to protect its players"

:Lwelcome:

Well you guys always do injure a Pat when you play us. So you got Welker. And tried to get another with that unecessary roughness. But to brag about it. Low class.
We play physical and Pats play like pussies. Of course they will get injured. Lets not forget the single player with the most unsportsmanlikes called agaisnt them last year was Rodney Harrison. Lets not forget the player with the second most was also a Pat. In a head coaches poll Rodney Harrison was voted leagues dirtiest player. Take a long look at yourself before you look at the Steelers!

Ah but technically then that would also excuse any Steelers who took steroids in the 70's, as it was not against the rules then.

It was, however, against the law as I undrestsand it.

Ah but technically then that would also excuse any Steelers who took steroids in the 70's, as it was not against the rules then.

It was illegal in the United States.

Therefore, it was illegal.

I'm sick and tired of fans, whether it is in football or baseball, that try to use the lame-ass "It wasn't illegal in the sport!" argument. It was F'ING ILLEGAL IN THE US! That supersedes the NFL or MLB!

By the way, how's the paper goin'?

It was, however, against the law as I undrestsand it.

But isn't it also illegal to violently tackle somebody in everyday life? Wouldn't you be charged with assault?

And PF09, the paper is going pretty well. I think I've touched on a variety of differences between Plato and Aristotle. Now I just have to go into a little more detail and work on a conclusion.

We play physical and Pats play like pussies. Of course they will get injured. Lets not forget the single player with the most unsportsmanlikes called agaisnt them last year was Rodney Harrison. Lets not forget the player with the second most was also a Pat. In a head coaches poll Rodney Harrison was voted leagues dirtiest player. Take a long look at yourself before you look at the Steelers!

Just when dashoe was cleaning this place up, you show up.:shake:

Yawn... another Rocket Scientist from Pittsburgh is here. :lame:

Back