Steelers Coach Joey Porter Arrested

I am not basing my opinion on hatred or bias. People in positions of leadership are held to a higher standard whether it is a football team or a company. You have that position in part because you are seen as a leader and someone that sets the example. When leaders mess up, the ramifications are typically more severe.

Porter is the leader of the LBs if he can conduct himself like a dolt and suffer any consequences that than that tells the players they can also do the same. It is a horrific example by Tomlin and ownership IMO.

In your world if someone is a trash collector they are not subject to the same laws as the accountant they pick up for because they are a lowly trash collector not a great accountant representing people against Big Brother/IRS. That is BS, both are subject to the same temptations and chances to break or abide by a law.

Your designation or position in life shouldn't matter, we should all be equally accountable for our actions no matter the title we have attached to us.

now IF you are strictly talking about the NFL world and law I guess it doesn't matter there either because it is open the whim of the Commish and what he feels that day. Again it doesn't matter. Different unions and protections under those unions.

In your world if someone is a trash collector they are not subject to the same laws as the accountant they pick up for because they are a lowly trash collector not a great accountant representing people against Big Brother/IRS. That is BS, both are subject to the same temptations and chances to break or abide by a law.

Your designation or position in life shouldn't matter, we should all be equally accountable for our actions no matter the title we have attached to us.

now IF you are strictly talking about the NFL world and law I guess it doesn't matter there either because it is open the whim of the Commish and what he feels that day. Again it doesn't matter. Different unions and protections under those unions.
I was not talking temptation, I was talking accountability. Positions of leadership in any company/org are given because those individuals have displayed a level of performance AND behavior that has warranted their position to oversee/manage others. They are not in their position to just perform their job but also to show the way (how to be a professional) to those that are under them.

I was not talking temptation, I was talking accountability. Positions of leadership in any company/org are given because those individuals have displayed a level of performance AND behavior that has warranted their position to oversee/manage others. They are not in their position to just perform their job but also to show the way (how to be a professional) to those that are under them.
but you are looking past a simple fact, it is in the court of law he is being tried and none of that has any play in the fact that "all men, created equal...."

So the manager at Macy's is more accountable than the sales person?

no they are all equal.

but I am going to stop now, you and I will disagree here but agree the pats win by 35

but you are looking past a simple fact, it is in the court of law he is being tried and none of that has any play in the fact that "all men, created equal...."

So the manager at Macy's is more accountable than the sales person?

no they are all equal.

but I am going to stop now, you and I will disagree here but agree the pats win by 35

I was not talking about the law. I was talking about the Steelers and their handling of him. Perhaps this whole time we have been debating from two different perspectives. LOL. Of course with regards to the law he is the same, but for the Steelers he is a coach in a position of leadership. For them to just let him come back with no ramifications whatsoever, no slap on the wrist even for finding himself in that situation is the part that I take issue with and probably more accurately reflects the culture of the Steelers org which has always been slimy.

I was not talking about the law. I was talking about the Steelers and their handling of him. Perhaps this whole time we have been debating from two different perspectives. LOL. Of course with regards to the law he is the same, but for the Steelers he is a coach in a position of leadership. For them to just let him come back with no ramifications whatsoever, no slap on the wrist even for finding himself in that situation is the part that I take issue with and probably more accurately reflects the culture of the Steelers org which has always been slimy.
we have been.

and in this case the charges were dropped and he is only facing minor stuff that is still being investigated. I can't hold him accountable for something that may not have ever happened and is the result of a misunderstanding.

and if I owned a bar I don't want him in my place based on past occurrence's but I let him in knowing it will bring in a crowd... its all about the money....

Steelers have got to be the dirtiest team in the NFL. Even their coaches are dirty.

That's rich coming from a Patsies fan, imo. Every time there is a "Gate", your team is attached to it, ie. Spygate, Deflategate, SnowGate, KraftGate, CheatingGate, BradyWhinesTotheRefsGate, BillichumpLikesBoysGate, etc, etc, etc.

You dudes are the most crooked organization in the history of sports, and it's not even close.

Re the above. Anyone wanna set the over under (# of posts)? I'm no good at it, but I can see where there must be one.

Cheers

That's rich coming from a Patsies fan, imo. Every time there is a "Gate", your team is attached to it, ie. Spygate, Deflategate, SnowGate, KraftGate, CheatingGate, BradyWhinesTotheRefsGate, BillichumpLikesBoysGate, etc, etc, etc.

You dudes are the most crooked organization in the history of sports, and it's not even close.

Oh boy. This is going to be fun.

AssholeGate is yours, though.

And NE had nothing to do with Watergate, FTR.

Oh boy. This is going to be fun.

Anyone want to take bets on the over/under for how many posts Timmy lasts? He managed to get 6 in the past 12 years.

edit - Beaten by BT :banghead: Ironically, Nevermind

Anyone want to take bets on the over/under for how many posts Timmy lasts? He managed to get 6 in the past 12 years.

edit Beaten by BT :banghead: Ironically, Nevermind

Sadly, he typifies that fanbase (no offense to AnOldTroll and Steeler87)

I'm really going to have to try hard to contain myself this week at school and on the internet.

Way too many morons out there.

hqdefault.jpg

I take issue with this statement. Define slimy. Thanks.

see above :stirpot:

You mean like a Hoody? :coffee:
the Hoodie never did the Watusi on the sideline, like a 3 year old having to pee, only to trip an opponent.

and the Hoodie is smart enough to know the league runs the headsets not the Opponent and makes moronic statements (of course listening to Zo yell show ponies into my ear would suck)

and the Hoodie has done nothing but try to change rules for the betterment of the game even if it hurts his team.

The hoodie is clean my friend, it is in the mind of the offender you think the opponent is crooked Danielson...

What I think is its all nonsense.

I got what I wanted this year.

I dont think my team is slimy.

Much respect to the Pats. As been pointed out ad nauseum. The have owned my team for a decade plus now.

We came out of the game healthy and I think you did too. The stars have aligned. I am excited. :toast:

What I think is its all nonsense.

I got what I wanted this year.

I dont think my team is slimy.

Much respect to the Pats. As been pointed out ad nauseum. The have owned my team for a decade plus now.

We came out of the game healthy and I think you did too. The stars have aligned. I am excited. :toast:
I don't think they are, I do think certain people are less likely to take discipline and most of them are Diva WR's.

Thing is we need to realize many of these players are kids and what would we be doing if we were in there place. I would hope a BB type was my coach so I did less of these stupid moves but if not I am certain I would be making the same mistakes.

I am excited for this game. been a long time coming.

BTW, what appendage is Ben having wrapped this week? :D

Back