Steelers Coach Joey Porter Arrested

"I am grateful to be allowed to return to our coaching staff this weekend. I regret that I was involved in an incident that could have been a distraction to our team. Most importantly, I regret that I touched the police officer and I sincerely apologize for that action. Thankfully, no one was injured."

I am still skeptical that he was even drinking, much less drunk. Obviously he lost his temper when the bouncer wouldn't let him enter that shit hole. The officer should have attempted to diffuse the situation instead of escalate it. I can imagine that particular officer being a dick about it and playing big boy cop. JMO.
Once it escalated there was no getting out of being arrested.

"I am grateful to be allowed to return to our coaching staff this weekend. I regret that I was involved in an incident that could have been a distraction to our team. Most importantly, I regret that I touched the police officer and I sincerely apologize for that action. Thankfully, no one was injured."

I am still skeptical that he was even drinking, much less drunk. Obviously he lost his temper when the bouncer wouldn't let him enter that shit hole. The officer should have attempted to diffuse the situation instead of escalate it. I can imagine that particular officer being a dick about it and playing big boy cop. JMO.

such bullshit - you control your own actions - nobody made joey escalate a fvcking thing. it was a distraction and if Pitt had any kind of integrity joey would be out of a job - but we all know that was never going to happen in pitt.

such bullshit - you control your own actions - nobody made joey escalate a fvcking thing. it was a distraction and if Pitt had any kind of integrity joey would be out of a job - but we all know that was never going to happen in pitt.

IIRC AOT is pretty consistent in his disdain for police. I don't think it is because it's Porter or a Steeler involved.

That said, it's pretty sad Porter is acting like a 20 YO college kid causing incidents at bars, on the field, etc. I just don't get how come people don't get over all that immature crap in their 20s.

@ D2Maine

Whatever dude, if you read the reviews way before that night even happened, it's a racist establishment. And the bouncer and cop are known to have attitudes. It was 9:30 PM when the arrest happened.
Joey is an idiot for even wanting to go there, but thats beside the point

The DA backed way down on the charges. WHY????
Bull shit if you think he should lose his job over it

IIRC AOT is pretty consistent in his disdain for police. I don't think it is because it's Porter or a Steeler involved.

I used to be, yes.
But have changed my opinion the last few years.

Not to say an off duty officer hired by that club with the issues he's had in the past is someone that I am going to take at face value as to what happened. I said that right away in this this thread.

And it appears to have been right.

No, that guy sounds douchey for sure. But I think it's only human nature to let our biases influence us to a degree. Not saying it was conscious. I am glad you judge police individually, if that is now your position. It's hard to change one's mind about that stuff IMO.

The more I read the more I'm beginning to agree with you, AOT. Porter played a role but so did the cop who certainly has a history of "issues".

I could write if NE had any kind of integrity they would have never picked up Floyd, who has a SUPER DUPER DUI charge he's going to have to defend... but I won't. :coffee:

Not a peep from the league on this?? Typical.

I could write if NE had any kind of integrity they would have never picked up Floyd, who has a SUPER DUPER DUI charge he's going to have to defend... but I won't. :coffee:
Back when the Chargers were competitive, the San Diego fans used to come on here and tell us that their team was way classier than ours.

It wasn't only their fans that said that, their players made those claims, too.

And nobody here gave a rat's ass then, and no one does now, either.

We don't want our team to be classy, or to have so much integrity that our choir boys are left standing in the dust watching the hard-cases on the opponent's team celebrate in the end zone.

We're about winning and championships. Sometimes you have to stir in some Corey Dillon eggs if you want to cook a Lombardi omelet.

So in your mind coaches don't have a higher standard of behavior than players? Interesting.

Back when the Chargers were competitive, the San Diego fans used to come on here and tell us that their team was way classier than ours.

It wasn't only their fans that said that, their players made those claims, too.

And nobody here gave a rat's ass then, and no one does now, either.

We don't want our team to be classy, or to have so much integrity that our choir boys are left standing in the dust watching the hard-cases on the opponent's team celebrate in the end zone.

We're about winning and championships. Sometimes you have to stir in some Corey Dillon eggs if you want to cook a Lombardi omelet.

BUT you usually jump in and defend your team in some fashion when attacked. :toast:
It's all I ever try to do.
I never gave a rat's ass about TFB's troubles in deflategate.
As I don't really give a rat's ass about this Joey incident or Floyd.

The team I root for is also all about winning and championships.

6>4 :D

BUT you usually jump in and defend your team in some fashion when attacked. :toast:
It's all I ever try to do.
I never gave a rat's ass about TFB's troubles in deflategate.
As I don't really give a rat's ass about this Joey incident or Floyd.

The team I root for is also all about winning and championships.

6>4 :D

4>2
Why are you living in the past?

Sorry AOT - he admitted that he put hands on a cop (off duty or not.)

How the DA dropped this to two misdemeanors says more about the legal system in Pittsburgh than anything else.

So in your mind coaches don't have a higher standard of behavior than players? Interesting.
no, they all should be held to the same standards that you and I are held too

Sorry AOT - he admitted that he put hands on a cop (off duty or not.)

How the DA dropped this to two misdemeanors says more about the legal system in Pittsburgh than anything else.
that is the issue, he actually put his hands on the guy. I guess the local PD know if this place is indeed racist, and if this cop was a bit of a Napoleon Complex midget or not talking back to a big profootball player knowing his badge protected him.

I dislike Porter but I can see it, I have witnessed people being a little extra of a douchewaffle to a famous person.

no, they all should be held to the same standards that you and I are held too

Wrong. Coaches are in a position of authority and leadership over the players. With that position comes a higher standard of behavior and example.

Wrong. Coaches are in a position of authority and leadership over the players. With that position comes a higher standard of behavior and example.
I am right. you are letting hate blind you.

We all should be held to the same rules and expectations you and I are held to. To claim anything else is just showing a hate for Porter and the Steelers.

He should be held to the same rules as I am, as Ben is, As you are, everyone should be held to a level playing ground despite the position on a coaching staff or not.

once you differentiate based on popularity you destroy the very process of the law.

yes it happens but it shouldn't.

I hate Porter but I will not be blinded by my hate.

I will however laugh at the napoleon size dwarf trying to arrest him.

I am right. you are letting hate blind you.

We all should be held to the same rules and expectations you and I are held to. To claim anything else is just showing a hate for Porter and the Steelers.

He should be held to the same rules as I am, as Ben is, As you are, everyone should be held to a level playing ground despite the position on a coaching staff or not.

once you differentiate based on popularity you destroy the very process of the law.

yes it happens but it shouldn't.

I hate Porter but I will not be blinded by my hate.

I will however laugh at the napoleon size dwarf trying to arrest him.

I am not basing my opinion on hatred or bias. People in positions of leadership are held to a higher standard whether it is a football team or a company. You have that position in part because you are seen as a leader and someone that sets the example. When leaders mess up, the ramifications are typically more severe.

Porter is the leader of the LBs if he can conduct himself like a dolt and suffer any consequences that than that tells the players they can also do the same. It is a horrific example by Tomlin and ownership IMO.

Back