Stork has a "Tell"

Strange that he doesn't do it in every game, but that when he does it he does it consistently enough for the DL to time jumps.

Would be interesting to know if the Broncos were primed to look for it or if they picked up on it as the game went on.

I remember Wendell doing this a couple years back and it drove the internet nuts. This seemed more blatant. It's no wonder the Broncos were getting off so fast.

They blew up all the key plays, 4th & 1 and the 2 pointer.

As I said in another thread - its embarrassing that NFL coaches aren't allowed to watch video of the game on the sideline, only the stupid photos. I can imagine that is the main reason why this tell wen't unnoticed by the coaches when Matt Chatham had it posted before the game was over.

A shame. This stupid little thing may have cost us a Super Bowl.

:purgatory:
I remember Wendell doing this a couple years back and it drove the internet nuts. This seemed more blatant. It's no wonder the Broncos were getting off so fast.

They blew up all the key plays, 4th & 1 and the 2 pointer.

As I said in another thread - its embarrassing that NFL coaches aren't allowed to watch video of the game on the sideline, only the stupid photos. I can imagine that is the main reason why this tell wen't unnoticed by the coaches when Matt Chatham had it posted before the game was over.

A shame. This stupid little thing may have cost us a Super Bowl.
coaches in the box can watch replays I believe. Maybe he can not break it.

Strange that he doesn't do it in every game, but that when he does it he does it consistently enough for the DL to time jumps.

Would be interesting to know if the Broncos were primed to look for it or if they picked up on it as the game went on.

Broncos knew

"is not the first time Stork has used the head bob with disastrous results: in Week 4 of 2015 against the Chiefs, Stork displayed the same head bobbing move. Mark Schofield wrote about it in this review of the Patriots loss, prophetically saying: “telegraphing the snap count like this is something Stork must never do again.”"

It is something that everyone knows about.

Broncos knew

"is not the first time Stork has used the head bob with disastrous results: in Week 4 of 2015 against the Chiefs, Stork displayed the same head bobbing move. Mark Schofield wrote about it in this review of the Patriots loss, prophetically saying: “telegraphing the snap count like this is something Stork must never do again.”"

Thanks Mikie.

Assuming coaches knew about it from Chiefs game, it's odd that he couldn't stop doing it.

Would also like to think that when Ware and Miller started roasting our tackles, Pats coaches would have worked out that Stork was at it again. That recognition could even have been used against the Donks, say on 4th and short to get a cheap encroachment penalty.

Thanks Mikie.

Assuming coaches knew about it from Chiefs game, it's odd that he couldn't stop doing it.

Would also like to think that when Ware and Miller started roasting our tackles, Pats coaches would have worked out that Stork was at it again. That recognition could even have been used against the Donks, say on 4th and short to get a cheap encroachment penalty.
They had to know, it is pretty obvious and you are correct. If is was known why not dummy the head bob for an encroachment penalty?

If Guge knew about this, and he must have somewhere along the line, it bears repeating the question I had for a few weeks, which is why wouldn't you put Andrews back in at center when he played so well and move Stork to guard? Or move Stork to the bench?

This is so blatant, and you can bet your ass the two ends were watching for it.

If he can't stop doing it, then the coaches should have him do it and not immediately snap the ball. Wait a tick and then snap the ball to draw the offsides.

It's a lot easier to do the fake tell once and a while than to make it go away.

If they get a few easy penalties, the other guys won't tee off as much.

If he can't stop doing it, then the coaches should have him do it and not immediately snap the ball. Wait a tick and then snap the ball to draw the offsides.

It's a lot easier to do the fake tell once and a while than to make it go away.

If they get a few easy penalties, the other guys won't tee off as much.

Mix it up a little bit to screw with the opposing defense...

Mix it up a little bit to screw with the opposing defense...

Yes.
tumblr_n3vjqaKBdX1rkt4e2o1_500.gif

I believe this is what Matt Light had talked about a few days ago with regards to the silent count. The head bob is the trigger. Light had commented that when Scar was coaching, they had multiple triggers for the silent count so that the defense could not key off one motion.

Broncos knew

They didn't play the Chiefs during the 2015 regular season.

It was Stork's triple head bob in the Super Bowl that drew Bennett off-sides at the goal line and sealed the title.

Back